Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 7:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 11, 2004 1:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, please do share that info.
  What do you think will be the next big game fad?
  like you had the card games, then the catch em all, what is next?

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 11, 2004 17:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The next big game fad will be...an onslaught of Mario games!

Or, well, maybe not. But Paper Mario: TTYD is shipping out today, and I plan to get it sometime within this or next week.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
msanis

Member #7

Oct 11, 2004 22:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My sources? I have various sources... but if you must know a few...

As my most-direct (and most obvious) source would be "www.ign.com".
  Other than that sources are other forums, and official Japanese websites that describe some aspects of the game. I can't say everything I tell you is definite, but it is AT LEAST very close.

...And flaming creatures rained down from the skies, engulfing both land and sea aflame. Upon that day, the prophecy was made.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 16, 2004 11:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just got Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door several days ago, and I can't stop raving about how great it is. I've already beaten two chapters of the game (excluding the Prologue).

One really interesting thing is that in Chapter 2 you have a group of 10 Punis join you and follow you around everywhere that they can go. They don't jump or fall off cliffs, but, with Flurrie's help (one of your partners, a purple-hued wind spirit), you can blow them down cliffs and, in one case, you can even make them cross a gap by making them fall down a ledge which has soap at the bottom of it, then blowing them to the other side when they rise within bubbles.

Your Puni squad is most useful in engaging in combat with another tribe similar to theirs, who also live in the same tree but have allied with the evil X-Nauts (I forgot the name). Of course, even after I rescued all the Punis and had a group of 101 of them, I had to help out with Mario's hammer when confronting a group of 100 of the Puni's enemy tribe.

I can go on and on, but I just wanted to share the story of these Pikmin-like Puni creatures. Well, not exactly Pikmin-like, because they don't help you out in all the battles, just the ones I mentioned, but still...anyone have any other things to say about the game?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans." -President Dubya

boyachi

Member #92

Oct 16, 2004 17:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is it anything like supermario superstar saga? That is hilarious! Mostly because of Luigi. Suppose they'll make another handheld marpg?

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
msanis

Member #7

Oct 16, 2004 22:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I got it as well quite recently. The game is very entertaining. I remember in one of the EXTREMELY early scenes laughing my *** off at one of the conversations taking place in the background (NPC characters talk to eachother, or do various things to eachother while you talk to another one.) Pretty much the conversation that I was involved in was talking about how rough the town was... and in the background you can see two islanders (from isle Delphino) step out in tuxidoes and suddenly beat the crap out of some koopa. hilarious. I think the storyline from the original might have been a tad better, but i've only played for about 2-3 hours.

Why do I do this to myself?!?!
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 16, 2004 23:42

The storyline gets more and more interesting as you go along.

Chapter 3 is really odd, however - you are in the Glitzville battle arena thing, and you have to fight your way to the top to get the Crystal Star.

Does anyone here know if the Nintendo DS will also be connectable with the GameBoy Player for GCN? If so, then that means that people will be able to play GBA games on their DS and have it appear on their screen. I mean, one of the major arguments that my parents have against GBA is the small screen size being hazardous to your health.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 18, 2004 18:08
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I heard some rumors about "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door" that I thought I would share here to see if anybody could confirm/refute them. Is it true that the shopping system involves only buying one item at a time and that to get multiple items you have to go through several conversations? Also, is it true that some dialogue periods last for at least 15 minutes? That would be a pain if I wanted to save the game in a nick of time... Slanted Mouth
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 18, 2004 20:55

The shopping system is the same as in Paper Mario, which means that you do select one at a time, yes. However, you can also only hold up to 10 items at once, similar to the first game.

And yes, PM:TTYD has some LONG conversations. Not 15 minutes, but the longest one I've clocked yet is, well...two to five minutes, somewhere there. I'm not good at guesstimating.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

Sword
Rook

Member #112

Oct 18, 2004 21:38

Can't you just skip it with [START]?

To wield a sword is to wield the most divine and diverse weapon of all time.
writer77

Member #4

Oct 19, 2004 11:57

If Paper Mario 2 is anything like Paper Mario (which I assume it is), then only buying one item at a time is no big deal. You can only carry ten items as it is, and you'll find most of the useful ones, and so you really only have to go to the store in a few instances. It's not like FF where you have to have 99 potions and such.

Speaking of stuff that's unrelated (Which we're not speaking of, but I'm bringin' up anyways), I've been looking through some of the movies for games that I am now able to see with the DSL I just got, and I have to say that Super Mario 64 DS is looking verily awesome. Anyone else see anything about it? One of the coolest things in it is the return of the Mushroom power. In the clip I saw, Mario turned huge and plowed through all enemies, and even the bowling ball things that roll down the mountain in Bob-omb battlefield. I'm afraid that new stuff like that will make the game too easy, but that won't stop me from running out to buy it on November 21.

Endless Horizon
  "You're full of nothing!"
  -Talim
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 20, 2004 24:28

Um...there was that level were things were big and small...and those cannonballs did roll bomb-omb field in the original...so, what is new?
  Speaking of remakes, is the new Kirby game coming out(or is already out) called something about a mirror a remake of a kirby game or is it original, or at least original like going from megamanX to megamanX2?

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 20, 2004 9:47

What the hell is wrong with you, Boy- oh, wait, that's right. Heh.

It's a little weird for me to hear about people knowing so very little about the Kirby, but that's because I frequently fare at Kirby's Rainbow Resort.

Anyhoo, you are getting confused. The re-make game you speak of was "Nightmare in Dreamland", a remake of Kirby's NES game for the GBA. "Kirby and the Amazing Mirror", whose name all must despise for its cheap punning on "Kirby: the Great Labyrinth Mirror" as its original name was, is an entirely new game. New levels, new story, new powers, enemies, features, minigames, etc., etc.

So, yes. It's a new game, not a remake.

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 20, 2004 14:32

I had heard about it, but of late, my mags have stopped coming to me with all my info...so I was unsure wether it was already out or not. What is up with the little cell phone thingys they be holdin in the advertisement, or is that like FFXII with that star fruit so that you have no idea?
  Does anyone remember those games that had advertisements for real products? Like Sobe? In munches oddysee?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Rook

Member #112

Oct 21, 2004 21:07

You see, the cellphone calls in 3 other Kirbys, red, yellow, and seafoam green.

Jocks may pick on us poor nerds, but it's us who turn out to be the doctors tending to their sports injuries. Ironic, no?
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 24, 2004 23:53

so do they assist or do you tagout? Mebbe a moist info dribble would be good.
  Too bad Fable isn't anywhere close to Nintendo, the game rocks. The best title, is definitely PieMaster. I love it.
  Only wish there was more time to play it, stupid life getting in the way of videogames.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 25, 2004 9:39

Ya know, I provided a link to that site I spoke of for a reason. It's abound with any info you could possibly ask about. * uses the technique Haste to speed through the gyst of it *

You don't tag out the other Kirbys or anything like that. They are just all summoned at once to help you out through tight spots. At the start of the game, Kirby is split into four pieces (not really sure why) when an evil reflection of Meta Knight attacks him. If you have enough battery power on your cell phone (and are in an area with good reception [they thought of everything!]), you can just get boosted help when you need it. From what I've read, too, this is a game where the help is actually needed! Shock, lo, difficulty!

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 26, 2004 10:52

Wouldn't it be funny if you couldn't call at certain times of day and or you could call more on weekends? Ya know, he has to save the people of popstar, but he doesn't want to rake up the cell phone bill.
  But low and behold, he probably has the others in his local network. Stupid advanced cell phone plans! Hey, wait... tis a pun.
  Edit: Anyone know why Donkey Kong is called, well, Donkey Kong? I was asked that by someone, and I remember in Japan it was something like stupid monkey. I also figured Don=boss or king thus replace the M with a D and get Donkey Kong, aka King Kong. Though the last part is only speculation, anyone know? And what is up with bongo drums as a hardware accessory?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?

[Editted by boyachi on Nov 3, 2004 24:59]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Mar 29, 2024 7:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022