Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Feb 21, 2020 19:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
writer77

Member #4

Sep 26, 2004 14:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 24, 2004 20:38, LieutenantEagle said:

That, and the upcoming Baten Kaitos. Those graphics are just awesome. Now FF: Crystal Chronicles has some competition for best graphics.

FF: CC, best graphics? I assume you mean just for GameCube, but still, saying it has the best graphics is a bit of a stretch. Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Resident Evil... Just an opinion, but I think those probably all had better graphics than CC. (I hope this doesn't start another argument about Wind Waker's graphics.)

Although, it has been a while since I've looked at FF:CC's graphics, but I recall the only thing that really stuck out was when you moved through the "gates," or whatever they were called. So... for no particular reason:

* uses the technique GaleSpell on LieutenantEagle *

Wasn't someone asking about Pikmin 2 earlier? I recently bought it, and I just have to say if you don't mind giving up some of the brilliant level and puzzle design for a good deal of longevity and depth, then Pikmin 2 is good. 'course, I've only had it for a day, but that won't stop me from making assumptions.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 26, 2004 17:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

FFCC graphics seemed rather similar to Ocarina of Time, of course a bit better, but you know, all blurry and what not, although the effects, like spells, water, those element gates and explosions looked very very very sexy, infact I think thats all the game really had going for it.

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 26, 2004 21:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, if Nintendo Power actually decided to remove FFCC from the 2004 NP Awards because they thought it would be too much...

...And no way are you telling me that Wind Waker has better graphics than FFCC. Wind Waker has nice cel-shade graphics, but they definitely do not surpass FFCC's depth.

* uses the technique Strike on writer77 because I haven't re-learned Combine yet *

But anyhow....in Baten Kaitos, what I like is that they come up with a solution to the previously questionable things in RPGs, such as how a group of heroes is able to lug hundreds of items. In Baten Kaitos, the item is simply transferred to a blank card, and then reverted whenever need be. Therefore, when you need to deliver a barrel of apples to a farmer, you don't have to carry the barrel around - you just have to transfer the barrel to a card and hand the farmer the card. That's how NP puts it.

...Another interesting thing is the time element. For instance, green bananas become yellow over time, then become black (after which you can toss them at enemies).

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 27, 2004 24:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Throwing bananas at people! That is awesome! What exactly is the goal of this game?

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Camo

Member #5

Sep 27, 2004 3:18
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Are you sure your not thinking of Monkey Ball?

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 27, 2004 17:56

Nein, I'm not mixing up Monkey Ball. Seriously, you can toss rotted items at enemies for damage in Baten Kaitos, including bananas.

...Of course, eating the banana when it isn't rotten probably provides better healing than attack when it's rotted, so...

At any rate, the game takes place on these islands in the sky that were, according to legend, shot up out of the ocean. That's why it's called Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean or something of the sort.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
msanis

Member #7

Sep 27, 2004 18:17
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*sigh...* They never could really make an efficient DS emulator... so you're basically screwed on that. A shame though... we could technically challenge other members over this board. Would be quite interesting indeed.

On another note... i'm not too impressed with Baiten Kaitos. The characters look... awkward, the whole "card game" thing REALLY turns me off from this game. I have varying thoughts on this game's graphical capabilities. I have seen screens that show marvelous graphics (still with characters having a wierd artistic style), and other screens showing graphics that don't particularly look that spectacular. I think i'll rent this game when it comes out... because i'm not too confident that i'll like it.

Why do I do this to myself?!?!

Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 27, 2004 19:31

Hey.. I'm just wondering, would it be possible to do something with the wireless GBA adapter so you could put it through the computer and through the net or something like that? Or mod it for better range?

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 27, 2004 20:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I... don't think so, Camo. I know that the DS is suppose to have some sorts in the line of internet linking, however the DS should be able to. Let me check... yep, thousands of miles apart. Here's hoping for PKMN DS fun battles 'twixt REers!

[ 800th post. pwn? ]

Why be sane? ... 'Cuz you're stupid! That's why!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 27, 2004 21:16

Pikmin DS battles?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 27, 2004 23:15

Hmmm... a pokemon DS would be good, I'd really like to see a competetive pokemon battle with the REers with only in game bred and trained pokemon. I was just thinking the other day, they could release a whole nother 100 or so pokemon in like a game where the main story is excavation or something, like think of all those primitive pokemon we havnt used yet, and the fossil pokemon are like really good to.

And we still need to go to South America... you know, where they captured Mew.

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 28, 2004 24:59

Umm...msanis...why are you doubtful of Baten Kaitos's being good just because it uses cards? It's not like you play cards to battle, it's just a method to transfer items.

For instance, while in card RPGs you'd play a sword card, here what you're doing is transferring the essence of the sword from the card to a material state, therefore you are actually attacking with a sword not just tossing a card. Something like that...ya.

However, it is a very curious system. I mean, I understand why they'd want to use the cards when it comes to transferring 99 tonics or something, but...using cards in battle is a bit obscure. Especially when it comes to tossing rotten bananas.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 28, 2004 1:43

Now the game sounds like PSOep3... s***.

c*** me up scotty
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 28, 2004 2:16

Heh. Yeah, it does sound like that, don't it, Camo. That reminds me of a hilareous Penny-Arcade comic.

"So, it still has all the running around and shooting that you liked to do in PSO2, but now everything is done through cards!"
  "You're loving this, aren't you?"
  "I am so gonna kick your ass! ... assuming I draw the proper card..."

Laughing Prolly not exact in the quoting, but the message is clear.

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 29, 2004 24:14

Ok what exactly is PSO?* uses the technique Haste searching for the answer *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 29, 2004 1:38

Phantasy Star Online - a coolies online hack n slash RPG game with a really cool character building system, one of my favorite things about the game is that rare weapons are really rare, then to get a rare weapon with decent bonus %s is even rarer, so if you got a good weapon, you kept it, and cause of this when I played online (Back in the Dreamcast days) pretty much everyone legit had there own signiture look and weapon, it was really weird too, like people were trusting and stuff, used to do things like trade our rarest weapon for a few rooms and stuff, I dont think you could do that in an online game no more without the fear of loosing your weapon.

Wanna know more? Google it.

c*** me up scotty
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 7, 2004 19:59

Does anyone know anything about the Fire Emblem coming out for Gamecube? It is supposed to come out Feb 05, but I can't really find much on it.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 7, 2004 21:25

Nintendo Power has been quite silent regarding the new Fire Emblem as well. It seems that the good people at Nintendo wish to either surprise North America, or are just otherwise afraid to shock us with the game's incredibility...or horribleness. Laughing

...Has anyone heard much about the new Yoshi game that's supposedly coming out for GBA?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
msanis

Member #7

Oct 10, 2004 21:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here is what I do know of it (which really isn't much):

1.) The main character is a blue-haired swordsman named "Ike".
  2.) Battle system will be fairly similar to all previous FE games, but it will be 3D (obviously).
  3.) Due to the fact that players in the upcoming FE for the GBA have the ability to roam the map, it would be a decent assumption to presume the same for this version.
  4.) There will be new types of characters, and new promotions.
  5.) The world in this FE is completely unrelated to all other FE games.

...that is pretty much all I knew.

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 10, 2004 21:37

What are your sources for this information?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Feb 21, 2020 19:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019