Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 3:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 3:17
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I remember playing that game ages ago, it was when I just got my first snes, first gameing console I owned too, and dad rented out Lord of the Rings and told me its like the hobbit. I thought the game was aweful, but thinking back to it, I would maybe enjoy it now.

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 24, 2004 12:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Consider yourself fortunate, Lwty, very fortunate. And, Camo, you would not enjoy it, even if drunk, stoned, and at fifty-percent of your blood capacity!

I own it. Well, one of them. The Fellowship of the Ring, and, maybe only part at that. It ends at the Balrog. I don't know if any more were made, but, well, let's all hope not.

The game is suppose to be an action RPG, at least, I'd guess it is.

You control Frodo (and later Strider) and run along through amazing bland landscapes fighting off Wargs and such in the most boring and tedious of combat to rack up next-to-nothing in experience points.

It's boring, drawn out, and very difficult. The cumbersome password system doesn't help much, either.

Bottom line: 'Tis the suckiest thing to bear the name LotR since the horrible cartoon movies! Shudder'd!

PBM! Fear!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 24, 2004 17:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm sorry, but Xbox's popularity is mainly tied to the reason they call it 'The Halo Box.' Come Nov9th in the states, that is a tuesday, Halo2 will hit the shelves, beware. Oh and Fable is looking awesome and I think it is out.
  I hope you aren't including The Hobbit animated cartoon as well! what a fun little cartoon that was. But alas, your opinions are your own.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 24, 2004 18:44

No one is knocking The Hobbit; it pwns all.

We are merely discussing the Fellowship video game and nothing more.... well, there was that animated Return as well, and although I do not believe I have seen it the whole way through, I think it sucked.

Nothing can beat Gollum from the cartoon, tho', yo. Or the goblin songs. Gotta love them goblins!

... unless you are a fine woman and the goblin happens to be mad. Then you will never love.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 24, 2004 20:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just got the new issue of Nintendo Power, and they have a large section on Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

They added some really cool things now - Mario can morph into a paper airplane, turn "paper-thin" or spiral, or even roll into a ball! How cool is that - Mario with Morph Ball?

That, and the upcoming Baten Kaitos. Those graphics are just awesome. Now FF: Crystal Chronicles has some competition for best graphics.

* uses the technique Wield with a starcraftghostwithsetreleasedate *

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 21:10
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Does Paper Mario have anything to do with the other Mario games Wavey Mouth
  Hmmmmm....

*I am Fludd, something orather s*** system - Mario turns into a paper thin ball and rolls away?*

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 24, 2004 21:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, Mario has to do with the other Nintendo games. A world without Mario is a world without Nintendo.

Wishes to smite Camo but reconsiders

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Rook

Member #112

Sep 24, 2004 22:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Fine then. I will!

* uses the technique HeatWave on Camo *

Duh! Of course they're related! They both have Mario in the name! Are you blonde?

To wield a sword is to wield the most divine and diverse weapon of all time.
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 22:26

I mean like in story and what not, like they all pretty much connect together someway, you know similar powerups and bowser stealing the princess, yoshi. Mario turning paper thin and becoming a ball doesnt really seem to relate to any other mario game.

c*** me up scotty
Rook

Member #112

Sep 24, 2004 22:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh! Don't think so.

Jocks may pick on us poor nerds, but it's us who turn out to be the doctors tending to their sports injuries.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 25, 2004 1:43

* uses the technique Strike on Camo for utter stupidity *

Fool! Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door does NOT feature Bowser kidnapping Peach! Peach is kidnapped by someone else, and Bowser is furious about it (in fact, you can actually play as Bowser in some scenes, NP claims).

As for whether it's related to other Mario games, well...it's still in the Mushroom Kingdom and everything, it's just that it's an RPG, Mario is made of paper, and now has uber-cool paper abilities like turning into a paper airplane.

...That, and the sense of humor. Well, Paper Mario was funny to begin with, but according to what I heard, this one just takes the cake.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 25, 2004 3:03

On Sep 25, 2004 1:43, LieutenantEagle said:

Mario is made of paper, and now has uber-cool paper abilities like turning into a paper airplane.

Well I really wish I was made of paper. I'd rather use the Victory King from Gotcha Force, he can go from humanoid robot, to plane to tank. Now thats cooler then oragami.

c*** me up scotty
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 25, 2004 3:53

Or I could jump into my Gundam Wing Zero Custom(Endless Waltz edition) And blast off into space or tear up the ground or blast through the water or air! MWAHAHAHAHA!* uses the technique Fire up the throttle *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 25, 2004 4:25

Or I could just drink some beer and get s***faced then clearly I'll be the winner of all robot/paper/ninja wars.

c*** me up scotty
Sword
msanis

Member #7

Sep 25, 2004 8:37

The DS is looking awesome so far, but it seems you guys are a little misinformed about something. I hate to break it to you, but... the DS does NOT play any game boy games prior to the GBA. You are correct in stating that the DS does have a GBA engine; however, that does not mean that the GBA didn't use other engines to run the older games. The DS will come with an ( think these are correct numbers...) ARM 7 (GBA engine), and the ARM 9 (The shiny main processor of the DS). It does NOT come with the engines needed to run older GB games, and Nintendo has stated this (as well as various other sources) themselves.

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 25, 2004 12:35

Ah well...'tis not a big loss.

By the way, regarding Super Mario 64 x 4, is it going to be the same storyline with four characters running around, or is it going to be something else that still includes running around the castle?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 25, 2004 12:45

Yeah, I was gonna retract my statment on that, MS. When I saw "Two ports: one for DS, one for GBA", it was just my assumption that they were merely using the latest edition of the GB as just a standard. I mean, c'mon! Advance played normal, so why wouldn't DS play normal? Seemed to make sense, but then I realized that they only ever mentioned GBA in all the countless times they spoke of it.

Heh heh... whoopsie Shifty Eyes

Really, tho', you'd think with current technological advancements that they could add the Class GB playing functionallity and only add, like, five cents to the cost and millimeter to the size. I mean, that stuff was ancient! They've cut the PS2 down in size now, you think they could fit a GB into a thimble by now!
msanis

Member #7

Sep 25, 2004 17:58

The said part of it all is; the probably COULD fit the GB engine in a thimble. The main reason they didn't do that was because it would "Raise Prices". What they didn't say was that it would cost a mere $0.05 more... and not really effect much. Regardless of this; I am very happy with the final edition of the DS, especially since it'll come with MP:HUNTERS upon release (meaning we get to try out the shiny WiFi multiplayer the FIRST day we get it! Evil Grin )

As for Mario 64x4; I can't say I know that much about it. I HAVE seen many screen shots and a few videos, but it all just... looks like the original. From what I can tell thus far; single player is like the original Mario 64 (except "prettier", and you may play as the differing characters whom have different abilities). The multiplayer mode looks... interesting. Rumours claim it is a "scavenger hunt" in which the players compete in the Mario 64 worlds to find stars. Whether there is combat between characters or not is... unknown to me at this point. I myself am unsure if I want to get this though. It DOES really look nice, but I already have Mario 64... and I don't feel like paying $$$ for a simple multiplayer game. I hope the add some new stuff to it. Big Smile

***EDIT***
  Who here plans on getting the shiny DS anyway? I'm not exactly sure how the WiFi works with the DS, but i'd gladly take a challenge if it is offered. Evil Grin

Why do I do this to myself?!?!

[Editted by msanis on Sep 25, 2004 18:00]
Rook

Member #112

Sep 25, 2004 21:38

Not me. Too $$$. Besides, I just got an SP a couple months ago.

Woo! This topic now matches the 'Hi' post in replies!!! Only it's not completley spam! i make it sound like that's a good thing!

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 26, 2004 24:57

My chances of getting a new system are about the same as those of Camo not being drunk - that is, zero.

However, if they somehow manage to come out with a DS emulator, which is highly unlikely, then I'd certainly be glad to get it. Probably won't be possible for the ones that involve the touch screen, 'tho.

Did any of you see the screenshots of Baten Kaitos? That game looks marvelous, and it doesn't seem to be as pathetic as card RPGs usually are.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Apr 25, 2024 3:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022