Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Sep 25, 2020 23:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Camo

Member #5

Sep 21, 2004 1:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It would be a cool idea if more people (well in Australia) owned it, like it would work well as a comunity type game, but since its no longer really a played game, its to make the people who do play it, spend 6 times the amount they intended on to get all pokemon, So far I started with Saphire as a ummm 'gift' then I've bought Coloseum for all those pokemons, Channel for Jirachi (And I havnt even used him yet :S), and I bought Ruby, got what I needed then gave it to my retarded brother who decided to go swimming with it. now thats what, 60 + 100 + 40 + 60... 260, then with leaf green and fire red (If I get both) they will probobly start at 70 each, so thats 400 dollars for one game... Then I'll probobly get emerald wich would take it to 470, and I'll also probobly get box wich makes it 520. Now thats a cuntload to spend on one game :S. I remember with the original (blue) cause it was so popular, I had one blue game, wich would have been what, 50 bucks and cought all 151 pokes. If it still was a major game these days I could probobly get all the pokes for about the same price, buying one game, trading with friends and hiring coloseum and channel (You cannot hire Gamecube games in Australia as Nintendo is dead here) to get them all. So pokemon is really one of those games that nintendo can keep spitting out and making good money, wether its 1 or 2 sales to lots of people or 10 sales to the few people who play it still.

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 21, 2004 9:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good point. They've earned a lot from me seeing as I have over twenty games over three systems.

* uses the technique BombSwipe on writer77's shotgun *

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 21, 2004 11:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Originally, yes, it Pokemon was supposed to get kids out and trading with each other. So either you made friends, or you bought what you needed to catch 'em all.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Sep 21, 2004 15:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey! I need that shotgun...

* uses the technique GaleSpell on LieutenantEagle *

Hey, y'all know that the Press Release date for the DS has been set? I'm assumin' this is the day that they are finally going to tell us all that launch stuff that we need to know, such as price and games and such.

This topic's been kinda long winded, so I don't remember if we discussed this or not, but what title are all of you wanting the most for the DS? Right now, I'm lookin' most forward to Super Mario 64x4. Super Mario 64 is either the first or second on my list of favorite games. I've never been able to choose between it and Super Mario Bros. 3.

Yeah, I don't feel like talkin' about Pokemon.

Edit: Almost instantly after I wrote this message, I went over the planetgamecube.com and found that the price for the DS was released just recently. 'bout $150, and that's with Pictochat and a demo of the multiplayer part of Metroid Prime: Hunters. Sounds good to me!

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage

[Editted by writer77 on Sep 21, 2004 15:44]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 21, 2004 17:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Der... der! ... der!!! D'oh
  * uses the technique Steal on LieutenantEagle's shotgun to blow his own brains out *

I don't remember why I did that. But, hey, 'tis pretty cool! Head a explode now! * pulls the trigger * Dead

Yeah, the entire "trade with your friends" thing really didn't work with Pokemon. I mean, with Trading Card Games, I'm so stingie to trade that even if I did live in a dense community of people that I could easily trade with, I'd probably be stingy about it Wavey Mouth

Fowardly looked titlage? My number one "Oo!" is simply Mario DS. I mean, Super-Sized-Super Mario? Interesting!

They haven't said anything about it yet, but if they are plotting out a new Kirby game, I think that'd be cool. You know, just 'cuz it's Kirby Shifty Eyes

PBM! Fear!
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 21, 2004 18:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Best thing about the DS bein release.... GBA games going ridiculously cheap, well more or less the price they should be. I probobly wont get the DS as soon as its released just cause GBA games should become cheaper, well the price of GBA games here are pretty much the same price as Gamecube games, maybe a little cheaper, and if they release DS games for about the same price and dont down GBA prices then who will still be buying GBA games?

c*** me up scotty
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 21, 2004 19:29

Kirby is the bomb. Why, because heartburn is a nonexistent problem, nor is bodyfat. I mean, look at what the little guy can do!

Rook

Member #112

Sep 21, 2004 19:49
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Kirby kicks butt, but Zelda kicks Kirby. So does Metroid.

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 21, 2004 23:02

I wonder, what'll you people say is better, Zelda or Metroid? I'm for Zelda on this one.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 22, 2004 9:21

Holy Moly! The absolute newest DS game announcement was just made! 'Tis Monster Farm: Jamboree!!!

(americans will know it as Monster Rancher... 'cuz we suck)

I was gonna say "I can't wait till the new Monster Farm comes out for the DS" before, but then I wondered just how useful it would be. I mean, a raising simulation game? What could they do with that? ... they solved that problem! Why?

Jamboree is an RPG, not a Simulation! Woo-hoo! Sounds super good all ups to me! I dance the dance of joy now! Dee-do-dee-do-dee!
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 22, 2004 12:25

Um...yea, what are you supposed to do? Kick out some of yo DS games to make monsters? Suckage, that was half the fun! Trying different CDs!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 22, 2004 14:24

Sigh! * To calm his nerve, uses the technique Rampage on boyachi with a shotgun *

First, who even knows if there will be that part of the game for sure. I mean, I clearly stated that they announced its an RPG, not a breeding simulation. Second, all the previous MFs for GBA used a letter/password system to unlock monsters. Granted, that doesn't seem as fun, but that's just what they did. And, third ...

Who needs CDs when you can use EVERY SINGLE GameBoy game you have ever owned?
  There's two ports. One for old, one for new. I don't even know how you expected other DS games to be used. I mean, for serious, Boyo? Wavey Mouth
  The whole CD switching was an aspect unique to CD based games. I wouldn't advise it, but have you ever torn a cartridge out of the system when playing? Not pretty at all.

So, anyways, having the single largest library of games to ever be, the 1st generation GB games provide a large enough slew of choice. Then you have to factor in all the GBC and GBA, the number just gets plain nutty.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 22, 2004 14:40

Yeah, but my problem is I have a total of 9 GB and GBA games combined. Thats all. Everyone has CDs. Videogames, PC, Music. Truthfully, the music industry has gameboy titles beaten with the number of their CDs.
  That was why Monster farm/rancher/planter/roller was better on those types, because it COULD be your first game ever. You got it covered.
  But yes backwards compadability is a good thing to have. I wasn't sure if the systems where going to do that, since that seems to be what the console rumors are.

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 22, 2004 20:35

* uses the technique Heal *

Has anything been said regarding Nintendo's next non-handheld console, or is it just going to be the GameCube for now?

Also, wouldn't it be interesting if they made a game that had you use the GCN, GBA, and DS all interconnected with GBA/DS adapters? That would be like Legend of Zelda: Four Swords but with two screens to escape to.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 22, 2004 23:22

* uses the technique Shair on LieutenantEagle *
  Dude...bout half this forum and definitely the last half of this page has been about DS: the next gen handheld console.
  So yea, it will be backwards compadible, and cost $150 and have metriod game and I think sumthin else with it.

Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 23, 2004 1:00

No, I understand it's backwards compatible, but will it be able to be simultaneously compatible with a GBA and GCN is what I'm asking?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 23, 2004 18:51

Why would you combine the Cube with both GBA and DS? DS is just GBA plus; you do not need the frickin' GBA once you get your hands on a DS! It shall be our new, shiny false god!

As for the next non-portable, Nintendo has said very little. They did say that they are going to try to release theirs before everyone else does (which is what everyone else is saying, too Sweat Drop ), and that they are going to try to have a wealth of games for it as soon as possible.

Thing is.... Cube is still good. I mean, bittage does not have much further up to go as far as increasing graphical capacity is concerned. Systems are now mostly going to be concerned with other nifty features (like DS).
  Or they all could do the smart thing and scale down -- cheapo system ahoy! That'd be so cool save for the idiot market thinks expensive equals good. How do you think suXBox got to where it is today?

.... well, besides that pact with Satan.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 23, 2004 21:11

I agree regarding X-B*x. How its popularity got up there is a mystery for the ages. And GameCube can easily live for at least several more years, I mean, just as you said, the system is great and doing well.

...Alright, new question. Anyone here going to get Lord of the Rings: The Third Age? Being a LotR fan, I'm getting it alongside Paper Mario: TTYD, but you don't really play as the main characters of the game, so...I don't think borderline supporters will be too enthusiastic about this game.

The graphics look pretty nice, however.

* uses the technique Heal *

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 23, 2004 22:46

I gotta tell ya; I am rather unenthused about all of the LotR games -- any game based on a movie, for that matter.
  In fact, LotR got off on the wrong foot with their very subpar SNES game.

Also, XBox's popularity is no mystery -- idiots exist. The logic after that is quite simple.

And stop using pointless, out-of-topic techs! * uses the technique LandSmite on LieutenantEagle for much pain * Especially the same one again and again....

"You know what burns me? Matches." - Jay London
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 24, 2004 24:45

All right, my bad.

LotR has an SNES game? I never knew that.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Sep 25, 2020 23:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020