Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 4:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 18, 2004 13:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 18, 2004 11:00, boyachi said:

But yea, there was some ad I saw that there was going to be yet another game with new pokes, most likely bringing the total up to 351.

What are you talking about? There's already over 351 Pokes. 151- 1st gen, 251- 2nd gen, c374- 3rd gen.

The creator of Pokemon even said when he make G/S that the had hundreds more monsters but didn't want to just dump them all out in one game. He'll be milking this franchise for a looong time. Frankly, I don't mind, as it is fun. One o' those has already been seen. I can't remember its name, but its speculated to be a Snorlax pre-vo (digs through garbage, fat, similiar name).

... as long as he gives Poison its come-upin's in the next generation Angry
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 18, 2004 14:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yea...um...make that 451...heheheh.
  SHUT UP! I HAVEN'T PLAYED RS!*sniff*
  So yea...must do drawings...good Boyachi...makes good drawings...

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 18, 2004 17:24

Not at four-fifty yet, but I suspect the next game will shatter five-hun all together Big Smile Happy fun.

Yeah, Nintendo was 'bout bankrupt when they through out a piece of trash they called Pokemon. People like it. So they remade it in a special mail-in version (Blue) and the Yellow Pikachu edition for the increased marketing.
  Pokemon is the thing that saved Nintendo, so if you like Nintendo, you gotta like Poke, 'cause Nintendo would have went the way of... um.... some other bankrupt gaming company.... yeah.

Here is what I do not get about the re-election: Democrats said "We need someone who can beat Bush. Let's get Kerry!"... but everyone constantly complains that Gore, because he got more popular votes, should have won, but did not because people are stupid and do not understand what electoral votes are.

So.... why didn't they get Gore to run again? You would think if they would have done so, people would say "Okay, time to actually get this dude in office" and bring people out of the woodwork to vote.
  I mean, you know getting a guy who "should have one" would get all those young, hippy douches that didn't vote last time to come in droves.

Just my thoughts.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 18, 2004 17:54

Ah, yes, but, Ems, you for the politics behind, erm, politics Wavey Mouth
  If you run and are defeated, it's general concensus that you should then give up, never to try again. That's generally how it works, and very few people bother to think otherwise.

Okay, back on track with N!

Yep, they should clear over 500 monsters. Wow, can you imagine? All those monsters? And still the same 10 will appear in every one's line up D'oh

PBM! Fear!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 18, 2004 19:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I doubt Nader will agree to the policy of giving up if you're not elected Smile

Regarding the United States election system, the Founding Fathers were probably drunk when they wrote it. To me, it only seems logical that if the majority of the people wants someone elected, it's only fair to elect them. Bush's election is an example of "minority rules", which is...obscure.

I was wondering, with the release of FireRed and LeafGreen, are they even considering a Pokemon DS?...Well, honestly, I don't know what the touch-sensitive screen would be good for, but...

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 18, 2004 20:52

Did anyone actually go to that DS page I linked to from Nintendo's official website?

Tsunekazu Ishihara, chairman and CEO, Pokémon, said :
Nintendo DS is “a new game machine that will build the future of the game industry. … Our frontier spirit has been awoken.”

So, yeah, I'd think they are drooling over the possibilities. Not as much for the touch screen, just the whole package. I mean, your "List of Phone Numbers" could become a list of actual people!

As for the Nader deal, 3rd parties are different. If a 3rd party canidate followed the "rules", they wouldn't even be running Tongue , as the rules are set by the Two Parties, whom the founding fathers didn't approve of in the first place (as, I know, was already stated, but it's fun to say it).

[Editted by MadGoblin on Sep 18, 2004 20:54]
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 18, 2004 21:04

Wait...politics...didn't this happen before just a little bit ago? And about time someone realized that Gore lost because of the electorial college. So yes, America, your votes DO NOT COUNT! I don't care who you voted for, Bush or Gore...or Nader, your vote did not count. Suck it up 8!+(#=$
  Wait list of phone numbers! N-gage?! WHAT????

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 18, 2004 22:17

Um.... no. 'Tis only the moron's view that votes do not count lost in the complicated but sensical system of American politics.

Your vote goes to rackin' up the electoral college. Why is it not popular? Because that would be stupid. If we went by popular, then you vote would really not count. At all.

See, right now, li'l ol' Wyoming has three electoral votes. That does not seem like much. However, if we went by popular, no one would give half a crap about it.
  In fact, if we went by popular, candidates would only need to campaign in California and New York as well as all the other highest of high populated areas. Only cities would get any say in world politics as they are the bulk of the population.

However, we are the United States of America. We have to pay heed to details of the individual states. Otherwise, we would just be fifty seperate countries instead, and we tried that back as a confederacy. If you read your history books, you know that didn't work.

Now, the electoral votes per state go to picking out representatives to vote in the college. Why? Because people are morons. See, our forefathers lived in an age of tyranny. People today take being suddenly invaded or some other sweeping circumstance for granted, but it still could very well happen. Deep-seeded corruption or foul-play was also accounted for, thus the college.
  If we ever got a candidate of such idiocy, of such bad-juju, one of these brainiacs can overturn it. I mean, it used to work like that. Thanks to parties, now however the electorals turn out in November is how each member of the college is bound to vote. I think the college has only overturned the actualy vote, like, once or twice in history, and for the better of America if I recall correctly.
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Sep 18, 2004 23:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 18, 2004 22:17, MintMan said:

In fact, if we went by popular, candidates would only need to campaign in California and New York as well as all the other highest of high populated areas.

You should mention Texas, too. 'cuza I live there.

* fabricates a shotgun *

Whoo! Texas Pride!

Yeah, I don't have any valid point to make. *wastes space*

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 19, 2004 1:18

Whaddya mean, they'd only have to campaign in the cities? No, I understand the reasoning behind the system itself, but isn't it still just a fancy method of going around the basic rules of a republic, which is what we are? (That's right. The US is a republic not a democracy. There is a difference between the two.)

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 19, 2004 3:10
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

US Government = war and violence.

I seriously dont think this will ever change, different presidents might change tax rates, price of things, unions and what not, but I dont think there'll ever be a non gun loving American leader.

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 19, 2004 9:55

Damn you, Boyachi, for digging back up politics! Tongue

Lwty, it really is as bad as it sounds. Metropolises house about all of the US population. How bad is it? Something along the lines of 80% of the total populus living in only, oh, 10% of the area. And that's me understating it as to not over do it. It's worse!
  If we went by number of votes alone, no one would care about the rural voters and only gear towards the city dwellers, and that's excluding a group of people.

The system works and is designed to promote the basics of a republic, its just all the nutty rules that have been added since the initial making that have screwed everything up.

... stupid adding.
Rook

Member #112

Sep 19, 2004 10:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 18, 2004 17:24, MintMan said:

'cause Nintendo would have went the way of... um.... some other bankrupt gaming company.... yeah.

Sega?

EMERALD???? Didn't hear 'bout that! Where can I get more info?

FR/LG are backwards compatible to R/S, just not wirelessly.

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 19, 2004 11:28

Hey! I blame it on LieutenantEagle! Because he...he...stole my man! Which was Ice's man-oh, that was different thread....
  Yes someone please tell me that you can actually trade from FL to RS, otherwise there really was not a good reason to rerelease those games.Are the cartridges even colored?

Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 19, 2004 13:24

Huh? What did I do now?

* uses the technique Wield with a virtualdsadapter *

Umm...I can kinda see what you're getting at with the system having been messed up with all the add-ons. Anyway, back to the topic of Nintendo, could you people kinda take the time and write out the names of whatever you're talking about? I'm kinda getting confused.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 19, 2004 16:13

FireRed/Leaf Green you scurvy sky eagle!
  Aim the sails! Ready the Anchor! Raise the Cannons! Fire the PLANK!

Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 20, 2004 11:45

Hmm, I'm looking at screenshots for Emerald (which I hadn't heard of prior to now) and I see a poke listed as #386. And of course Fire/Leaf is trade-compatible with Ruby/Sapphire. Why else come out with a remake that offers very little bonus over the original Red/Green(Blue)? Actually, as the MissingNo glitch is no longer present, some may argue it has less to offer...

I, too am interested in more Emerald information. Very little was mentioned at GameSpy. Anybody know any other sites with info?

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
Rook

Member #112

Sep 20, 2004 16:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe its Japan- only for now.

Damn Japanese...

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 20, 2004 19:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

http://www.serebii.net/emerald/

The best pokemon website on the net I believe.
  Emerald has like all these tournements and s***, I think its like an extra area the size of the original map, but its like a pokemon theme park, like theres 7 leader type blokes in weird ruleset battles, I think they are these: a basic battledome, a puzzle one (like you might walk through one door and one of your pokes gets poisoned or they might get healed, but you dont bring in your items), one like the battle tower of R/S but you use random pokemon, one where you only get 3 turns per battle and your technique gets rated not your power, a maze temple type thing, one like battledome exept you do not choose what attacks your pokemon do they choose themselves, and a basic battle tower. Pretty much take it like they are challenge gyms I guess, plus it uses the wireless adapter, and well I really want it cause the original pokemon world wasn't as fun as ruby saphire (I feel anyways). So I'll probobly end up getting Leaf Green soon, then probobly fire red if no one I know gets it... wich will probobly be the case :P. Transfer all my Saphire pokes to one of them, then get leaf green when it comes out. All up that means about 4 nights out I'll have to pass up on :S. Curse Pokemon Saphire for making me addicted to pokemon again and not having everything needed in one game!

c*** me up scotty
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 20, 2004 19:50
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

All the pokemon cartridges for GB(A) I know have never put everything possible into one cartridge, although I don't know why. Did Nintendo want to encourage linking up with others or something? Slanted Mouth
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Apr 25, 2024 4:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022