Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 17:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
writer77

Member #4

Sep 15, 2004 19:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 15, 2004 11:14, MadGoblin said:

The DS features two game ports, one for DS games and one for any GameBoy game made throughout all time!

I think I heard somewhere that it would only play GBA games, too.

But I also think my source was gamefaqs.com message boards, which probably isn't the most reliable place.

* uses the technique GaleSpell on MadGoblin *

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 15, 2004 20:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Y'know, that whole infinite connection thing simple means it uses a boundless, dynamic structure -- for you programming n00bs, a linked list of sorts.

Pretty much, it can accomodate as much people as it has memory for. Needless to say, it does not have infinite memory to sustain such connections to so many other DSs, but it is not set at a static, preset limit like so many things back-in-the-days were, such as the two-or-four player hook-up for the old GBs.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 15, 2004 22:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm...I wonder if the GBA wireless adapter will only be compatible with the newer games, or if they can somehow program it to trick the GBA into having non-compatible games still be able to wirelessly connect.

Say, whatever happened to StarCraft: Ghost? I heard it was coming out for GCN about a year ago, and I haven't heard anything since. Anyone know anything?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 16, 2004 1:07
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah that Starcraft Ghost game looked f***in sweeet!

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 16, 2004 17:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Now that backwards connectioncompatibility is something I'm fretting.

When me and Ems tried to trade some monsters between Poke Red & Blue using the GBA, we were unable to. The same took place on the GBA between Silver and Crystal. Ultracurse you, game-trading-prevention-stuffs!

Anyhoo, I can only assumes that it'll be the same with the new one. Unless, you know, they took the time to address such a shouldn't-be-a-big-problem-for-most-people annoyance Crying
LeeTupper

Member #42

Sep 16, 2004 22:34

Sigh. Starcraft: Ghost has been put through dozens of delays, actually switching programmers at one point. It'll be the Earthbound 64 of this generation. :(* fabricates a StarcraftGhostwithsetreleasedate knowing full well its as good as stolen. *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 16, 2004 23:14

"My life for ire!"(or whatever he said a gazillion times)
  Lotsa games ended up like that for 64...like Earthworm jim64, and the 64dd and its games, excluding super mario rpg2, which became your beloved paper mario.
  To the games that never were! *makes a toast while cool new theme song music plays*

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Sep 17, 2004 24:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I remember that the 64DD was supposed to be some atachment to make graphics on games better.... Did they change it into that thing you get for free with Donkey Kong 64?

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 17, 2004 10:47

* To not disappoint him, MadGoblin uses the technique Steal on LeeTupper's StarcraftGhostwithsetreleasedate for much hilarity! *

64DD? Que?

Ah, yes, I remember EarthBound64! They had this whole petition thing to get it out and junk. I believe they re-picked the project up and Mother3 was suppose to come out on GC or something... I can't remember, really, it seems like I read that so long ago... Hm, that sure isn't a good sign.

* weeps as yet another rendition of Mother, which may or may not have existed, slips from coming into actual existance *

If any of that made sense, you are either drunk or Camo Wink

PBM! Fear!
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Sep 17, 2004 15:23

On Sep 17, 2004 10:47, MadGoblin said:

If any of that made sense, you are either drunk or Camo Wink

I think an "and/or" would've been appropriate.

Anyhow, I have a ramblin' story to go about tellin' when it comes to Pokemon Linkage. Back when it first came out, me and both of my brothers bought it, and were eager to trade. At this time, we had the ancient technology of the original GameBoy. (Think green screen) We bought a link cable specifically for Pokemon, only to find that the link cable would only support Two Pocket GameBoys, or one old GameBoy and one Pocket GameBoy.

I still don't know why that was. But it was.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Sep 17, 2004 19:16
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Teah, I had the same connection problem. No the Wireless adapter is not backwards compatible. I got Fire Red. The manual says you cant wireless with Ruby/Sapphire. This game ROCKS!!! I'd elaborate, but I'm playing it now, so goodbye.

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 17, 2004 20:44

* uses the technique BombSwipe on MadGoblin's starcraftghostwithsetreleasedate because patience has expired *

Do you think they could make the wireless adapter work for things like the Mario Bros. battle game in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga? 'twould be really cool if they did.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 17, 2004 22:01

I'm really confused with all the new pokemon, like I'll probobly get fire red or leaf green for all them pokes, but I wanna keep my main file on Saphire cause it seems like a cooler game, I'll probobly end up getting Emerald so I can keep all my main pokes in the R/S world, so thats a lot of dollars the people at Nintendo will be pumping outta me Wavey Mouth Seems a bit evil.

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 17, 2004 23:00

Yeah, Nintendo sure knows how to suck the money from us saps. Not me, tho'. I've been sure to limit myself to only one version of each game! I ain't no one's ho!

Then again... Ems aways gets one of them two, so as a household, we are a collective strumpet. ... dang.

Anyhoo, I'll either be getting Ruby or Emerald. I held off from buying Ruby knowing very well that they'd be pimping out a super-special version. Ah, GameFreak. So predictable.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 18, 2004 1:37

I don't even have a GameBoy Advance and will not be getting one in most probability, so the only money Nintendo will get out of me is for their GCN games. However, for such good games as Nintendo's (read: Paper Mario), they're worth the money - usually.

And since I'm nearly an only child (my bro's 10 years older than I am), and have mastered delayed gratification, the amount of money that goes on Nintendo games is...not much. Smile

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 18, 2004 4:20

Ahh what am I winging about, I'm unemployed, and if your in Australia, that dont mean your poor, hell if I decided not to drink for a week I could buy R/S/E in one week and still have money for a couple of cheap vodka beverages to get some young girl drunk and do... *remembers he's on RE* my washing and cook me a meal.

c*** me up scotty
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 18, 2004 11:00

*sigh* it is only illegal in the USA it seems. Which could turn into an interesting discussion, but no hear, because, most of you know what I am talking about, right?...International games with specials that we DON'T get!!! *almost bashes laptop but remembers how much it costs, and how it is the only link to all non campus friends, thanks to no longdistance in the room and no cellphone signal.*
  Where was I going...oh yeah, I was wondering if pokemon was actually dead, due to the fact no special version was coming out. I mean RB gets stadium and Y. GS gets C and Stadium 2. RS got collieseum and... and...where is emerald?
  But yea, there was some ad I saw that there was going to be yet another game with new pokes, most likely bringing the total up to 351.

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 18, 2004 11:17

Um... what do you think Fire Red and Leaf Green are? The Advanced series is so freakin' big that they had to make two specials for it.... and there might be some more.
  Who knows. These people are insanse.

Poke is not dead. It is just not the fad of every moron five-years-old boy any more, which actually does it more good than being popular with the idiots would ever have got it.

Problem is, in the stupid average American mindset, if one was to hear about something in much excess and then suddenly does not hear about it much at all, they instantly assume that not only is it dead and no longer popular, but it must suck beyond mortifying belief.
  Stupid trendy America.... ns.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 18, 2004 11:59

I totally agree that American behavior is peculiar. Just consider who we elected, and who polls show will be re-elected (it's the same person)!

By the way, if you want international copies of systems/games, isn't there online shopping for that?

Incidentally, is it true that Pokemon played a vital role in helping Nintendo during its harder years? I really don't believe Nintendo ever had a time of recession, but maybe I am wrong.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 18, 2004 12:10

Um...who would the US of A re-elect? Some one that has never been in office? Boggle Sorry, I had to comment, I'm feeling sadistic, nothing against you.
  But Fire and Leaf are just remakes with better graphics. I mean, who cares? There isn't even a new plot! That is what I was looking for:Emerald=yellow=crystal. So...yeah what else was I going to say...
  oh yea! There was a time that PS2 was beating the EVERLOVING ____ out of Nintendo and Xbox. But then...I guess people started buying Halo and SSBM again and all was well in the world of gaming.
  SEE GUYS AND GALS! THIS IS WHAT BACKWARDS COMPADIBLITY CAN DO FOR YOU!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Mar 28, 2024 17:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022