Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Feb 21, 2020 18:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Rook

Member #112

Aug 23, 2004 9:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I went and got a intendo account today! (I finally turned thirteen and could register, if you're under 13 you have to send in snail mail Big Smile ) My forums name is Rook_of_R.E. and my normal one is Darunia91 (Zelda fans will recognise that one)

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
draggy1234

Member #97

Aug 23, 2004 20:41
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh...think your forum name will attract more people to R.E.? Big Smile
Rook

Member #112

Aug 23, 2004 21:57
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

C'mon! Do you honestly think any of them know what R.E. is?

MintMan

Member #1

Aug 24, 2004 24:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* sniff * Maybe.

I mean, how impossible could it be? * gives a gander at the impossibility chart * Wow? That many good X-Box games? Okay, so it is pretty impossible.

Anyway, since you have this topic all mades... what exactly can you do with a Nintendo account? Besides the forums, that is.

Also, how n00btastic is there forum? Your being there is not inspiring me with much hope Big Smile
Rook

Member #112

Aug 24, 2004 10:16

You can post stuffs, make a wish list, etc. If you regiter game or system, you: are eligable for sweepstakes, and can get V.I.P. passes to local events (too bad I don't live in California) I just signed up because I felt like it. If you're there a lot, and don't act n00bish, you may become a sage, meaning that you enforce no smammingness and such. Also they may choose you to be a Beta tester for an upcoming game.

There were a couple n00bs that I saw.

What's that supposed to mean?

[Editted by Rook on Aug 24, 2004 10:22]
msanis

Member #7

Aug 24, 2004 12:09

Being the video game freak I am; i've been registered for quite a while. You can often find information on upcoming games/events on the forums. You may also enter sweepstakes. I got my "Zelda: Collectors Disk" from there. They occasionally have some pretty good give-aways.

The forums have their own newbs... but they seem to be controlled moderatly. There are the occasionaly fanboys... which you have to watch out for. Occasionally you'll see some Microsoft fanboy run in and start rambling in L33T how Halo owns Nintendo... but that's about it. (notice how they said Halo; not Microsoft, "owns Nintendo". Boggle )

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
writer77

Member #4

Aug 24, 2004 14:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have an nintendo account also, but I only use it to get bonus discs, such as the Zelda Collectors Disc and the Metroid Prime 2 Bonus Disc.

I've never actually gone to the forums there. My connection is slow, and everything on Nintendo's site loads slowly... so it's very slow. I don't have time to wait for all that.

And plus, I'm lazy.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 24, 2004 19:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, don't underestimate the value of free advertising. I mentioned RE in a couple of accounts on some of the dumb free online games I used to play and I got a few inquiries as to what it was. Who knows, a couple of them may even have joined up with BD or something.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 24, 2004 20:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I'll just give a quick mention to this.
  You will find a strange phenomenon with RE and on-line games that suck. They are not related in the way you think. RE feeds off of suckier games quite often. I mean, Ash10 came from Kinak's PokeBattle, and he is around to this day (not the forums, but still a BDer).
  You will also notice a big Neopet draw, thus showing the strongest pull from sucky games to.... less sucky ones.
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 25, 2004 19:13

On Aug 24, 2004 20:05, MintMan said:

Yeah, I'll just give a quick mention to this.
  You will find a strange phenomenon with RE and on-line games that suck. They are not related in the way you think. RE feeds off of suckier games quite often. I mean, Ash10 came from Kinak's PokeBattle, and he is around to this day (not the forums, but still a BDer).
  You will also notice a big Neopet draw, thus showing the strongest pull from sucky games to.... less sucky ones.

I am remebered! Yeah! Kinak's pwns you Tongue

Actually, here is my life story...I just started high school and am in some special Computer Science program. Plus, most of you make way to long posts that I can't be bothered to read, so I don't reply. I actually view the forums about once every 2 or 3 days, but...yeah. Anyway...

Ah, I just looked. Birthday contest. That reminds me, you and madgoblin have the same BDay as me, if I am correct. So happy BDay, even though I am slightly younger...Sept 2 this year, I start to drive....

Blah...wow, this was very pointless.

Memeber of Derelict Studios
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 25, 2004 20:34

Great googaly moogaly! Ash10 posted! This calls for some sort of celebratory... thing!

* uses the technique Wield with a happybirthdaypresent for all those who have one. To the rest of you, y'all suck! hrhr *

Yeah, Kinaks's ruled. I've always meant to try and contact him, but... meh.

But, yeah, sucky games do a good job of round up converts. Which, 'tis really confusing that a bad game draws a horde of people while a good game goes unrecognized by the masses. Logic?
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 26, 2004 18:44

Logic = Something most American's do not have/use. Just look, we voted for Bush...

Memeber of Derelict Studios
writer77

Member #4

Aug 26, 2004 20:41

On Aug 25, 2004 20:34, MadGoblin said:

But, yeah, sucky games do a good job of round up converts. Which, 'tis really confusing that a bad game draws a horde of people while a good game goes unrecognized by the masses. Logic?

If this is true, my games are super awesome. Beyond super awesome. They would be Super-dee-duper-ly awesome. Maybe more.

Man, I wish that were true... at least for my case.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 29, 2004 23:25

* uses the technique Heal on Ash10 because he deserves it for his words of wisdom, especially about Bush *

Super Mario RPG was pretty much neglected when it first came out, mainly because the N64 was coming out that same year and too many people were thinking of getting Super Mario 64 rather than SMRPG. 'Tis a pity, really.

In the case of Nintendo Power, however, good games get a lot of attention and bad games get very little attention.

Did someone already say that having a Nintendo account means that you can register certain games and systems, which gives you access to more stuff?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 30, 2004 15:33

cue cutey honey song
  The return of Ash10!
  I am back, but no one should care.
  * uses the technique Dance for the return of members *
  Aside from not helping MintMan's B-day be better, Shifty Eyes I must profess that SmRPG was pretty cool.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Rook

Member #112

Aug 30, 2004 15:42

Why is everyone so hard on him? Who would you rather vote for, him, or some guy who's an anti- war guy, who will probably pull us out of the war and pass some sort of hippie-law? Bush did what he had to do. If he hadn't, the attacks would have kept on coming.

* uses the technique Fire *

Sword
Ice

Member #46

Aug 30, 2004 19:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses the technique AttackWith on Rook with a pie *

I'm almost certain this post will get deleted because it is political and thus not on topic, and also because it is controversial.

However, I'm gonna go in and explain why each of your points is wrong. First off, everyone is hard on Bush because he's a moron. Have you ever heard him speak? Secondly, I'd rather vote for Kerry, obviously. Here's why:

1) Anti-War != Pushover. In fact, he's already said that he does *not* in fact want to withdraw troops immediately from Iraq. He simply does not support how the war has been handled, from the lies and propaganda spewed forth in supposed justification, to the unrelentless pouring of money and troops into Iraq.

2) What exactly do you mean by "hippie-law"?

3) This is the lovely propaganda eating away at your brain cells. It has been undeniably shown that Iraq was in no way whatsoever responsible or even tied to the 9/11 attacks. Iraq and Suddam != Afghanistan and al Quaeda. Iraq was not a threat to US security, Bush simply wanted another issue with which to divert national attention from the issues at home, and used the War on Iraq as the way to do that.

This concludes your lesson in current events.

[edit] Okay, I just realized that Rook is only 13, so you have an excuse, in your youngness. Plus, you can't vote, so it doesn't matter as much. [/edit]

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004

[Editted by Ice on Aug 30, 2004 19:36]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 30, 2004 19:36

Shock! The topic that was started to be something intelligent might actually turn into something intelligent! Fear!

I quit-a-frankly am going to wait until the debates to decide, because those are all you can really trust. They are really turning on the crap-factory for this year's advertisements...

Now, around the last election, I did not like Bush, and quite honestly, I still don't. I also don't like Kerry. In fact, I hate anyone who associates themselves with a political party as they are the greatest downfall our nation's polictics have ever seen. Washington warned against them for a reason. Too bad people are idiots.
  At any rate, I often find myself supporting Bush not because he is a really good guy or even a decent guy for that matter, but people always hard-core knock him for things that he has no responsibility for. People really need to whip out the Constitution and freakin' read what the Pres is responsible for.

My main thing is anti-abortion, however, as it has been since... well, ever. Kerry is Catholic, but I have a feeling with his flip-flop-itude that he is gonna play the party card (see why I hate it so?) and say that is the reason he supports legalized murders of most innocent blood.

"Dr. Hara, you need some tea."
  "No I'm not."
  Drunken professors at sushi bars rock.
Ice

Member #46

Aug 30, 2004 19:43
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* plants a virtual Debate tree *

Two reasonably intelligent posts within 5 minutes of each other? Shocker!

As for your point of knocking on the Bush-wagon for stuff that is not his fault, I sincerely hope you are not talking about any of my points, because as Commander-in-Chief of the Unioted States Armed Forces, he most certainly is responsible for each of them.

As for other issues, such as gay marriage and the economy, as the president, he still has, in reality, a good deal of influence over such issues. For example, the gay marriage issue, he can (and will) veto any gay marriage bill which gets through congress (if one could make it). As for the economy, no, he personally is not responsible for it. However, his cabinet is partly responsible for it's craptacularness, and he hand-picked all of them.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 30, 2004 22:40

Ono! Debation!

There's one thing I never get about the whole Bush-knocking angle: yelling at him for going to Iraq. They say he had no right to go there. Well, guess what, he didn't have a right to, he had the resonsibility to go there.

The US was the sole reason Sadam was put into power in the first place, people. We put him there. Bush Sr. fought him in his presidency and, after idioticly believing that he'd be a good boy, we let him go back in power. His entire reign of terror is the United States fault. Even if he made up the WoMD as an excuse to go in there, I really don't blame him for finishing his daddy's work. In five years, Iraq's gonna be dancing for joy and well on its feet, but people never like looking at the big picture, they only look at the "now".

If Bush will crack the whip on abortions and the whole fruit factor (it really still is a mental disease, people, ask any good psychiatrist!), he'd get my vote.

That's my opinion and I'ma sticking to it.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Feb 21, 2020 18:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019