Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 17:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Paper Quest'd

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
LeeTupper

Member #42

Aug 22, 2004 18:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh. Dead RPGs... Heh heh.

Remora. The most promising project ever. No good.

Remora was an alternate dimension which continuously drew off matter from earth, and had a timeflow that moved much faster than earth. Originally uninhabited, genetic engineers created many lifeforms. All of these creatures spread quickly, powerful and threatening.

You are an exterminator, recently pulled into Remora and without anything other than the clothes on your back. Your job is to terminate all GE creatures in Remora.

In Remora there is no magic, but TE, teleportation skills that let you warp in various things to help you, effect depending on what element you chose to begin with. However, there's a catch. You don't have a TE stat. That's right. You got it. You have to pay to use TE, as its a government service.

You don't level up, but can gain power by buying better gear and using TE. After certain ammounts spent, the government will give you a promotional, even better TE attacks.

Not bad, but my window blew out last year, and all the work was destroyed.

Now, I've got VC, a sharp looking game that's more conventional.
  * plants a virtual Funkydice tree because we need funky dice *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 22, 2004 20:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ha-hah! Funky dice! 'Dems nutty stuff! Ever see a four sided die? No, not the triangular pyramid. Everyone knows those. I'm talking of the rectangular prism! Technically, its a six-sided die, but due to the incredibly small space on the two ends, its impossibly for it to ever be those two blank sides, turning it into an effective four sided. It looks much better than the pyramid die, and it actually rolls when you roll it, as opposed to just ploppin' on a side and skidding.

What other weird die are there? Is there a 14 sided die? I think I've heard of one before, but I've never seen one Slanted Mouth

PBM! Fear!
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 22, 2004 21:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Twelve-sided dice
  Eight-sided die
  Twenty-sided dice- (from website) These RARE opaque 20-sided dice come in four bold colors.

Instead of having the numbers 1-20 distributed across the dice's faces, these dice are unique. They have numbers 0 -9 distributed twice across the dice faces! They are called 20-sided 0-9 dice and are useful for role playing games and other projects.

Set of 4, 8, 10, 12, and 20 sided dice
  24-sided die
  30-sided dice- Available free with a purchase of a one-pound bag of assorted types of dice from E-bay
  And of course, last but not least...

* Aww, I can't pick a fuzzydie... eats a virtual Anti-noob *

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

[Editted by Battalon127 on Aug 22, 2004 21:47]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 22, 2004 22:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Fuzzy? 'Tis... 'tare Funky Dice! * picks a virtual Funkydice and sprinkles with fuzz *

Anywho, yeah, chances are you do not need to speak of your standard 4-12 + 20 dice here. As a primarily RPG site, it should be assumed that everyone knows what those are.

The 0~9 20 die seems an oddity to me. I mean, the normal ten-sided die is 0~9 (zero instead of ten, for you non RPG people, because it actually is ten but represented as a zero for percentile rolls [two ten-sided dice, one assigned to each digit]). I mean, it would be easier to roll, but twenty-sided dice have less face area and need very smooth surfaces to stay flat. I likey the ten-side for that fight.
  On that note, there is also a hundred-sided die. I have seen it. It is the size of your fist.

My friend has a thirty-sided die... never found a use for it rather than to track his hit-points.
  A twenty-four sided die is confusing, but I guess useful if you ever needed to make a roll for hours of the day.

A fourteen sided die, although I have never heard of it before, would probably look like a fat ten-sided die.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 22, 2004 23:16

I believe I saw one of those it looked like crystal. each side was an isocoles(poo on spelling) triangle and each side would connect to the other one flipped.
  >
  <
  like that. only longer so it looked like a crystal.
  * uses the technique Rain on parades of disbelievers *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
LeeTupper

Member #42

Aug 23, 2004 18:17

I, personally, only use dice for six, twelve, twenty, and thirty. All others are too hard to find, so I just number a deck or two of playing cards, and shuffle them. 'Cept for on multi-dice rolls, where it gets a bit crazy, it works very, very well.
  *Wants to pickup some funky dice so he can use them for events that have a one in three hundred forty six chance of happening*

* uses the technique Ward on MadGoblin so he can accelerate his technique learning *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 23, 2004 19:49

Too hard to find? Too hard to find?!? They sell 'em in bleedin' packs!!! They're always 4, a couple of 6's, 8, 10, 12, and 20. 'Tis the d30 that is hard to find, I would imagine Slanted Mouth

And, Ems, you are the one who told me about them in the first place! You said that you saw one some place, or something, looong ago, and, if I recall, have done a lil' bit of looking to find one again. Don't you be sayin' this is the 1st you've been hearin' o' it, and don't you dare say that this never happened or that I'm mistaken, 'cuz you know I'm not! * laughs maniacly for he has been Warded, but then realizes he is still vunerable to Strikes * D'oh
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 24, 2004 19:04

On Aug 23, 2004 19:49, MadGoblin said:

Too hard to find? Too hard to find?!?

I wish to concur with MadGoblin (hence the quote) that multi-sided dice are not hard to find, considering every form of dice that I found (and I simply posted every kind I came across, not really knowing which were or were not common to you true-RPGers out there) was located within the first five pages of a Froogle search for dice. Every single one is an item for sale, although I can't vouch for prices...
  * Picks a virtual Funkydice apologizing for calling them fuzzy. I'm sorry. *

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

[Editted by Battalon127 on Aug 24, 2004 19:05]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 24, 2004 19:57

Yeah, dice are too friggin' expensive. Some places charge, like, a dollar for a die. Blutty 'el, man! No d20 is worth a buck!
  My recommendation: get a bag or cube of D&D dice. You get all the popular sides plus 3d6 for your a-stat rollin's.

Also, to clarify for the masses who do not know of real-life transpirances of Gobbo and my lives, I never actually found a d14, but I always wanted one because they would make paper quests so much easier; d4s are so ugly and hard to roll. That one, extra, really-high value would be super-fantastic, methinks, but alas, I never found it.
  I did once think I found one, but I quickly said afterward "Oh, no, wait, that is just a ten-sided die with funky numbers on it." Think that d20 with d10 values.... but with random higher numbers spread across instead of the normal 0~9.... yeah, I dunno what game it was for, but it prolly sucked. Most RPGs do nowadays. Vampire is for chumps.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 17:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022