Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 5:21 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Birthday Challenge III

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 2, 2004 15:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 2, 2004 12:17, LieutenantEagle said:

Arrgh, I don't even have time

Which really just makes the whole months-in-advance thing even more laughable. Har-dee-har-har.

Meh... an alcohol-less 21st B-day. What type of life is that? Not one, I tell ya!
Ice

Member #46

Sep 2, 2004 15:57
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* brings forth BirthdayPresentDistributionCenter *

Yeah, just one last thing, just in case my previous ideas were too lame (and so is this one!) to make me think my chances are slightly better.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 2, 2004 20:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Happy Birthday Minto and Gobbo...and...Ash10! I think I'm forgetting someone else too... oh well, who wants to get older anyway? *hands MG a virtual margarita* Wink

How many entries are there? I know there aren't many, but I'm pretty sure some of them were e-mailed and not posted here... usually there is a winner and 2 runner ups, so there has to be at least 3... I think that is how many there has always been in the past... Could we make a list of all of us that actually did something other than saying that we would do something?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 2, 2004 22:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think we are up to four; Vinny is submitting the sketch of the Asipatra, which really does not mean much since he already made in with no connection to this contest.

Also, the Hel are you giving me a virtual pie for? I'm the one who gave you the pie in the first place! I'ma pie-guy! The pie factory from which all pies originate!

* uses the technique Transform into a twenty-one-year-old drunk *
  Hey, I still look the same.
writer77

Member #4

Sep 3, 2004 20:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This calls for a happy birthday new combined tech attack!

* uses the technique GaleSpell on MintMan *

I was going to submit a crappily redone version of my MIDI from last year so that Minty would have a "loser entry," but MG laughed at me until I broke down crying, and so I'm not going to submit it anymore.

*sniff*

Anyhow, uh, happy birthday.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 4, 2004 11:09

That's not what happened at all! I called you a "liar" repetively, not a loser.

Besides, I said prior winners could not submit entries again for it being void and moot. ... yeah, I think that's how it's spelled...

Anyhoo, a few days of being able to liquor up and still not liquor'd. Boo Frown

PBM! Fear!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 4, 2004 19:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*clicks on PBM and sees new splash page* Hey MG! Who you be calling a liar? You just said you haven't had anything to drink, but your splash says you're drunk. Make your brother drive you to a Mexican restaurant and buy yourself a margarita! Just make sure to stir it up with the straw because if you don't all the alcohol goes to the bottom and then you just get the fruity ice stuff. Lick

It's past yesterday and the winners haven't been announced. I don't think that anybody else is going to do anything, so go ahead and give me my runner up prize and get it over with. >__< I'm hungry for birthday cake now. I only got three little pieces of mine. I still have icecream though! *raids freezer for chocolate chip minto icecream*
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 5, 2004 22:40

Ramen, does anyone want Ramen? I got ramen here.
  Anyways, I figured I'd add a... more pointness type of text to this post. Love being an English Major.
  So like, who won the contest? And does having special link buttons on your website make your website cooler than just having link text?
  I got a baaad feeling about this. Where the hel did Toto go? Toto! Toto? Where are you ya stupid dog?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?

[Editted by boyachi on Sep 8, 2004 15:37]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 9, 2004 18:29

Wait, Mr. Phonetic is an English major? That just a-boggles my mind something awful. I mean, someone who getting outta high school couldn't put together that all languages are inheritly phonetic but diverge through time due to regional dialects and outer-country influence is just.... just.... Dead

At any rate, I got connection back (testin' out NetZero) and so I can make the selections.... if I feel like it. This might take a while to sift through....

Huh... I'ma surprised I received no other applications... no I'm not.
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 11, 2004 14:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Toto? Why toto's right here!
  Seriously though, sorry about the less-than-smashing B-day MintMan.
  * fabricates a giganticbeer * * gives MintMan a giganticbeer * Now I just have to figure out how to fabricate beer in real life...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 19, 2004 13:34

I finally did the awards for it. Draggy won with his now invalidated BD stuff. That means you get to pick two relics to get, non-holiday and non-WyrdWater.

And no, I didn't upload the entries this time. This one did not have the display stipulation, and quite a-frankily, I do not really think it matters. Not much even came in this year.

Crying

* uses the technique Soar to get away from the worst Birthday Contest turnout ever * One honorable mention.... c'mon people!
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 19, 2004 17:42
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 19, 2004 13:34, MintMan said:

Crying

* uses the technique Soar to get away from the worst Birthday Contest turnout ever * One honorable mention.... c'mon people!

That be me... But the fact is I've probably done more work on the Asi than anyone did on their submissions, its just sitting around and not out. Of course, the other images could be godly, seeing as nobody but Mint knows the quality of the work. I just need some oil pastels before I can color the Asi (I like pastels better than colored pencils right now, dont know why... oh wait, cause Im good at shading and bleniding them).

Expect Asi out after football, not immediately after, but a couple weeks.

* uses the technique Aero-lance on MintMan for my low rating! *

The Official Man's Man of RE.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 19, 2004 20:32

*::landsmite vinnyd quite effectively in retribution*

No, you received the low rating because you did not make the Asipatra for the contest; you sort of did that as an afterthought. Nonetheless, I needed at least one mention since prizes were to be given out to all serious applicants.... and the five listed on the page are all there is.

Plus, everything save Boyachi's and Draggy's works are displayed in this very post. You have all prolly seen 'em already.

It should also be noted that Draggy did not even make pictures, but rather a random assortment of textual items that have lost all relavence with the new version and therefore are pointless to display. I mean, you think they would still be worth it, but they are heavily involved with it, dudes. So much, that it would kinda be like "WTF mates?" if I were to put 'em up.

[Editted by MintMan on Sep 19, 2004 22:36]
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 19, 2004 21:31

I have printed out my info and will have kewl awesome unblurred pictures to you midoctober! NO LATER! MY PROMISE!!! Sorry, lack of scanner here in the dorm...

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 20, 2004 18:24
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh yeah...looking back at my entry brings back the memories of a couple months ago when I thought I'd just submit it and participate. I only had a remote thought of winning...guess I just picked a good time to jump in.

However, this still only came about because of a bad birthday contest for MM. Frown Hey, maybe next time you could give half a month for the next birthday contest to average out this one! Big Smile

Oh, when I choose my other two relics, do you want me to mention them here, or e-mail my choices to you?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 20, 2004 18:43

Eh, sorry for the stinko birthday. Drawing is still about all I could possibly do for BD, and my art skills have been on vacation and forgot to come back. Besides, it wouldn't be a real birthday contest if I got first prize. I really don't know whot you expected though... bribing people to make you presents so that you give them a prize... darn it! I should have drawn a drunken nidhogg holding a beer. BTW, what does that magic tankard relic do?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 20, 2004 19:17

Why would you have to e-mail your choices? They just get displayed in your account -- no real secret.

Holiday relic. Y'know what it says when ya click'em.
  Your entry was prolly the best, SSS, but I could not let you win since your entries from the previous years were better than that one. It did not seem right....

Don't worry, tho', because you will be able to win next years Birthday Contest: "send pics plz" Wink

It will be the first contest in which I get something I actually care about instead of just making an excuse to hand out stuff -- it's win-win, and both wins are for me Big Smile
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 20, 2004 19:46

Oh yeah, that's one nice thing about the set grid/relics page; it tells you what any relic does when you have it and click on it, like techniques/spells! Smile

Well, I think I want a variety of relics, so I guess I'll have a berserker and a mjollnir. I'm planning on holding off on the tournament prize until writer77 makes a tournament first.
writer77

Member #4

Sep 21, 2004 15:13

On Sep 20, 2004 19:46, draggy1234 said:

I'm planning on holding off on the tournament prize until writer77 makes a tournament first.

Man, I wonder how many people are waiting for me to make that tournament. I'll probably make it after the first wave, once tourney's come back.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 21, 2004 15:27

Hey MM! You're no fun! I only have one chance to use that tankard and I wanna know what battle it'd be best for. I wanna know what it does! *imagines drunken hrimfaxi chariot crash into various objects* That wouldn't be cool for me... I guess I'll wait and watch, but how am I supposed to watch someone else use it if I don't know when they're going to?

For the ... lost count... manyth time no real piccies! I don't want to even imagine how far off the image in your mind is from the real me. *accidentally imagines a pale super model with blonde hair* Ha, you know nothing about me... besides, the contest guidlines said it had to be BD related.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5 
Mar 29, 2024 5:21 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022