Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 21:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Birthday Challenge III

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5 
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 19, 2004 23:49
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I cant think of anything to make outside of a creature, and that ain't gonna happen till I can access something more direct on Asipatra than Hindu scripts that don't even mention it. So, I will give you the link to another hilarious item of internet awesomeness. BEHOLD!!!

Elektronic Supersonik
  * eats a virtual bannana because he doesn't have virtual guacamole *
  Edit:(link fix)

[Editted by VinnyD on Jul 19, 2004 23:55]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 20, 2004 24:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I would mad-look for some alternate spellings of Asipatra. I only got it from one book and, since I am not making it, have not looked for any other sources.

Besides, with the way things are going, a new creature will still be eligible for the BD Race contest, which pays out better than a new monster. I really did not plan on getting as much consecutive tests and projects as I did.

Plus, last I checked, I have.... nine ideas I might want to consider working on besides what already is on my plate..... so..... * runs like uses the technique Wind *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 20, 2004 23:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses the technique Banshee *
  What was that site, and why did you find it?

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 21, 2004 2:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...Hmm, I wonder, if I made another Flash, one that is BETTER and actually pertains to the topic of RE, mayhaps I could again be a runner-up? And, just to confirm, I don't mean to be rude, but you are turning twenty years of age, correct?

* throws a virtual Pomegranate at MadGoblin for no reason *

....Now that I think about it, how 'bout poetry regarding RE? My poetic skills are better than my animation, anyways...

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 21, 2004 3:05

Ahem:
  There once was a MintMan from nantucket...
  who had a Nidhogg that lived in a bucket
  and once every hour
  the creature would howl
  for the Man-o-mint to instruct it

A-thank you, A-thank you. My first submission. That was kinda fun. I think I just may have a chance.* picks a virtual HappyBirthdayPresent *

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jul 21, 2004 4:25
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

hahahahahhahaha!
  bucket.....

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 21, 2004 11:17

* catches the Pomegranate with his over 1337 skills of ... catching *

Yeah, poetry would work, IMO, as long as it didn't get all lame about emotions.

We all know how well things like that work out...
  Shifty Eyes Arrow Chiriru Mai Question Mark

I feel that Crazy Mai needs her own emoticon since she's so far rooted in REF history. Like, I dunno, the head of a crazy bitch? Slanted Mouth

BTW, for those of you who don't feel like a'making a full fledged monster (heck, even Ems hates doin' that!), you might feel up to just making a B-Monster for NDR. I think Ems will spare slaying me for mentioning such, and he can fill in the details more. I'll just leave y'all aloof!

If you believe in something with all your might, it might just be true... that you're an ass.
  - Why be sane?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 21, 2004 11:49

1) The Banshee tech is the name for the Shadow/Wind/Spirit, Boyachi, not just Shadow/Wind. You should have thought about the Spirit token. Shadow/Wind is, like... the Sonic elemental, I think. I'ma gotta get that official chart out.

2) Poetry is okay, if you would like. One of Draggy's submissions was a song parody, and it was hy-larious.

3) Well, I guess I do not have a reason to kill Gobbo, however... * uses the technique Steal on MadGoblin's pomegranate * All your pom are belong to me Big Smile
  As he had mentioned about B-Monsters, they are an addition to BDv4 of incomplete creatures. You can get Bonus Monsters more easily that full, adoptable familiars, but they can only be used in tournaments and team fights. They also only need form pictures, and best yet, if you ever do get around to completing one, it can easily upgrade to a full monsters. Quality for them is much lower than needed for full monsters, too, since these pictures are not displayed across web sites.
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jul 21, 2004 12:48
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Score! I'm making my serpentine/ice/elemental dragon a B-Monster!

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 21, 2004 15:12

Um... which monster is that exactly? I have never heard of such a thing, possibly because of the vague "/elemental" typeness to its description.

The only Ice dragon I know of is Pawkjawak or however dem Icelanders spell it. I think there are a few that have to do with blizzards and mist in the Orient, tho'.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 21, 2004 15:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Woo! I'm late to the party again! >__< Other than the poem has there been any real submissions? okay, well, I'm ready for my last place participation ribbon now!
  Please don't laugh
   I tried sketching a bunch of other stuff first, but this is the best I could do. ;__; I'm pretty sure that my art has been getting worse instead of better...it doesn't help that this computer is a piece of junk and that I'm in a really bad mood. *sigh* maybe I'll try again later

LE! This has nothing to do with anything, but could you please help me get started with flash? It looks so fun! My uncle made something from work that looked pretty cool, so I think it shouldn't be too hard to do better than him. Maybe you could AIM/YIM me or something. Thanks so much
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 21, 2004 18:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm...well...I can't AIM/YIM anything unless I have an AIM/YIM to IM to.

Basically, here is a summary of my actions:
  1. Prepare scene background etc.
  2. Create all necessary objects for scene.
  3. Place objects in DIFFERENT LAYERS and set up motion tween.
  4. Test, then create button to start animations if applicable.
  5. Once self-approved, continue to next scene; repeat for number of scenes.
  6. Test entire movie and make final editions.

Here is a layout of my last B-Day present:
  1. Sword-drop animation + "Flash"
  2. "Loading"
  3. Scene selection - quick congratulations or full movie
  4. "Full movie" - someone (Camo) tries to steal the presents, but justice prevails
  5. "Quick congratulations" - think of the "happy birthday" commercial from Carl's Jr.

So, at Scene 3, you could choose to go to Scene 4 which automatically turns to Scene 5, or directly to Scene 5.

Less crude explanations require I-messaging.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 22, 2004 24:23
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 21, 2004 11:49, MintMan said:

1) The Banshee tech is the name for the Shadow/Wind/Spirit, Boyachi, not just Shadow/Wind. You should have thought about the Spirit token. Shadow/Wind is, like... the Sonic elemental, I think. I'ma gotta get that official chart out.

I need whatever chart that is purely for naming purposes. I mean, Sonic, Acid, others!!!?? I don't know what youse' are talking about unless you actually outline the elements. So seriously, get that chart out and on the help.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 22, 2004 2:25

Yeah, Ems is trying his best to get that chart out. The problem? It's ten dimensional!!! Just by some rough math, it turns out to be some ~250 different elements in the end. I mean, just thinking of that many usable words is tough enough! Can you imagine writing that all out? Ouch! I'm sure it'll just be some sort of program to generate the file.

But, yeah, about 250. Mmm, dun that just wet your minds?
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 23, 2004 24:42

Yeah...um so does that you'll change the name for me? Or at least tell me what wind+shadow+water is, since that is what I'll be making next. After I learn change and of course that acursed blank token first. Yep, still learning blank.*plays with feet* Hey, SSS is here! Yay!
  ...and that is all I can think of...hmm no, I still have to do a BDC post...I think I thought of something. Something I always liked. Hey, that ice serpentine, whatever, thingy, was that by any chance a POLAR KRAKEN? remembers the time when a huge five color big creature was attempted in magic the gathering, and how it sucked, especially with that card in it The memories. I'm past that kinda stuff though, well actually, I still do have a five color big creature deck... but it is only two colors, and would be wasting time if I got into explaining anything else!
  So, now I must get my courage up to try to draw a monster...maybe I can use one I already drew...nope...it is humanoid. How do you draw a...

VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 24, 2004 24:31

On Jul 22, 2004 2:25, MadGoblin said:

Schtuff

He doesn't need that, all he needs to do is list 'em all on the help file. Anybody competant enough to mix elements is competant enough to look at the help for names of it. I mean, I've referred to it several times. I'm Curious though, could you put every single technique in one action? I mean it's a longshot, but minus combine and blank etc it's possible right?

The Official Man's Man of RE.

Complete with stubble and freeform jazz.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 24, 2004 8:49

On Jul 24, 2004 24:31, VinnyD said:

Anybody competant enough to mix elements is competant enough to look at the help for names of it.

Bwa-ahahahahahaha! Bwahahahaahahaha! Oooooh, my!

Seriously, you aware of how many questions are anwswered with direct quotings from the Help file? Heck, enough are already direct quotings from the post made right before someone asks a question that the questioner is questioning in the first place Dead

And, yeah, I guess you could put every single combinable token into one tech, but there's the problems:
  1) It'd take forever to learn D'oh
  2) It'd have a really weird effect Slanted Mouth
  3) Once used, it'd take a while to get out. Here's what I mean: (more explaining list! Big Smile )

a) You'd first have to put it into a Bottle Flat Mouth
  b) You'd have to set it as a Trap Dot Mouth
  c) Somewhere along the way, you'd have to input an item to execute Wavey Mouth
  d) I think, since the entire thing is forged, you'd have to wield the produced item to get any use from the Strike/Blast/Weak/Disrupt/Poison/Slow/etc... utalizing tech Boggle
  e) Since of that, and since the tech would take so much acting-time-recharge-whatever, it'd be impossible to do such any time soon Frown
  f) Finally, it's suppose to be my goal to make this horribly confusing tech, so hands off Nervous Tongue Lick Embarrassed

Oh, Boyachi, Shd/Wtr/Wnd, according to Ems, is, yes, Rain. How lame is that?

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 24, 2004 9:17

Well blutty Hel, man. Do I even have a purpose at these forums anymore, or is someone else just going to do all the talking for me?

Yes, all tokens can be combined together; any token combination is possible and thus the entire point of the token system; I keep on stressing that, but fortunately for me, you people keep on forgetting Wink No, Vinny has an excuse. He does not spend as much time in the RP forum, but everyone else who asks is an idiot Tongue

Yes, Shadow/Wind/Water is Rain, but you have to remember that things like Dust (Wind/Earth), Sand (Wind/Earth/Fire), and Robot (Construct/Animal) are also elementals, despite how little like it they seem.
  Here's the down-low:
  Shadow/Water: Abyss
  Wind/Water: Fog
  Wind/Shadow (I was wrong about this before) : Void
  Wind/Light: Thunder
  Wind/Shadow/Light: Sonic
  Wind/Shadow/Water: Rain
  Wind/Shadow/Light/Water: Storm

And that is just one tiny little cornor of the elemental world. And with that answered, leave the RP questions the Hel in the RP forum.
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 24, 2004 14:42

Hee hee, you were the one to pursue the whole thing. Shifty Eyes Shifty Eyes happy birthday...sometime soonish. Do you think we could like hack your site to make it sound like a jive talker? Just for one day? That would kick. Plus I can do that, I got other things as well, if you are interested.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.90%complete
Ice

Member #46

Jul 24, 2004 23:34

Hrm... I was unaware that my BD B-Monster would have to be based on a real thing like all the adoptables. Makes sense, though. Well s***. Now what am I supposed to do?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5 
Apr 19, 2024 21:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022