Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 5:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: NDR... revealed!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
writer77

Member #4

Jul 26, 2004 12:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I knew about the new poison rules, but it still took me two-three turns to get the poison going good, generally. (Back when my Hydra had a poisoning spell, that is.) From what I understand of the new system, if my poison is set to the second level... thing, I would only be able to cast it twice in a row early on. And if the poison hadn't taken effect on the first two castings, I might be in trouble. Then again, two castings of poison should at least poison 'em for two rounds right? And by that time I would have enough to cast it again. Either way, it'll probably work out good. I mean, you know what you're doing, right?

...right?

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 26, 2004 21:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um.... I still think you are terribly, terribly confused.

Two or three turns to get poison going good? As soon as you cast a degeneration spell, it effects an opponent -- simple as that. If the opponent resists the poison, it will only last, what, five or so turns depending on your arcane? Casting it a whole lot will only get your opponent very poisoned, in which case poison damage is doubled. However, very poisoning is really something for full-grown Basilisks to hope for, not eggs.

In the new system, degeneration will work exactly like the old one. A failed degen will last longer than one turn, Writer, unless you have incredibly low arcane and your foe incredibly high virtue.... and you are using an SL 1 Degen. Higher levels will just increase length.

Um, yeah, you could use two SL 2 Degens at the beginning of a match, but that would also call for starting a match with a full energy bar. You do not get that really until you are in higher levels
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 27, 2004 1:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Are the PowerAttack and QuickAttack and all those going to be kept?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 27, 2004 8:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um.... no.

Those techs only had use when all a monster had was a normal attack and three spells. Since every monster now learns from a library of spells, those things are unnecessary. I mean, why use NaturalForce when your Nidhogg just plain has a Draconic Spell?
  As for Power Attack, with the SL system, that would just translate into a spell of a higher level that also happens to be a physical attack.

So yes, they are going away, but only because they are being utterly replaced with other things more custom tailored to an individual monster.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 27, 2004 21:56

Umm....

I think I brought this up before, but would it be possible to, at some time or other, allow 2-on-2 battles with BOTH the familiar and the human? Such a thing would be interesting, particularly in conjunction with FATE, because both the human and familiar would be able to gain EXP from battle.

....Then again, maybe I should just be quiet because my ideas are too foolish or radical. Or both.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 28, 2004 2:32

It has been brought up before and likewise been shot down. Humans cannot earn experience in any other way than through the RPG. This largely has to do with the unbelievable amounts of customization that a human character may receive. I mean, you could all have a Druid healing up your 'Hogg or supplying incredible strength increases to a Monoceros Boggle
  Mostly, tho', it just has to do with these things being monster matches.

I shall admit, however, that your human character will be able to do something at some point in version four during a battle, but they will not actually fight side-by-side with your monster.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 28, 2004 2:36

What about using two of your own familiars in combat? Has that also been shot down likewise?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

Vote Kerry/Edwards in 2004! Re-Defeat Bush!

"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
  ~43rd U.S. President George Dubya Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 28, 2004 12:04

Dual-familiar action will be made in version four as well as team fightin', which actually was made for DNA but never implemented (that is, you could never actually form a team to participate in a team battle with).

Problem with dual-familiars is that they must be within five levels of one another as well as within five levels of both the enemy monsters you are fighting, thus making them a rare thing to come by. I think only you, Gobbo, Ash, and I fit the bill, but my familiars would not be able to be close to challenging any of yours.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 28, 2004 15:42

When you said you wanted to use it in DNA, did you mean one person using two familiars or two people against two people? I think the latter would be interesting within proper level ranges.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

Vote Kerry/Edwards in 2004! Re-Defeat Bush!

"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
  ~43rd U.S. President George Dubya Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 28, 2004 15:58

On Jul 28, 2004 12:04, MintMan said:

... as well as team fightin', which actually was made for DNA but never implemented (that is, you could never actually form a team to participate in a team battle with).

Team fightin', which is actually not as simple as two people versus two other people.

The reason lies in the fact that if I had a two-on-two member battle, it would hard-core encourage morons to sign-up for duplicate accounts. I shall try to avoid that if I can, thankyouverymuch.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 28, 2004 19:01
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh crap. Within Five levels of the enemy, too? That's no good... It took me two years to get Mista (not to be confused with Misty, my car) up to where she is. There's no way I'll be getting someone else to there. Not to mention, since you can only get a new familiar after, what, level 15 or 20, most people won't be able to participate anyways.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 28, 2004 20:45

Yeah, well, you have to remember that last year, there were, like, two Nidhoggs that were even close to level twenty, and they got their by fighting one another near exclusively.

Thanks to tournaments, one of the most active level ranges is the ten-to-twenty range. I want to try to get even more tourneys up for the next version, too, which will be easier to do since they will be a full part of BD instead of lying to the side.

Then, B-Creatures' will have one of their main purposes in team battles. Sure, lower-leveled ones most likely, but dem battles nonetheless.

So, yeah, two-on-twos will not be all that common, but they will exist.
writer77

Member #4

Aug 27, 2004 24:26

Whoo! Battles!

Um, anyhow.

Bug # 1: On the Battle Board, it shows XP instead of level.

(This post could've gone elsewhere... but I like my topic.)

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 27, 2004 24:57

Yeah, you kinda caught that for the one second the bugged index page was up.

Tip #1: Get a life.... no wait, keep coming to RE.

That display (being old data conversion versus new data conversion, which uses less fields than previously so everything is shifted over by one at that point, thus level to XP) does rear its ugly head in some old files, but most notably the Battle Board because it was not even supposed to be linked to on the main page! The BDBB is one of the features that is supposed to be taken down for some reworkin'.

I gotta put up an indexing feature for multiple-creature owners (not that there is no inactive creature) and increase its virtual size so that when those times come about that 80% of the board is unchallengable, old names -- although not technically part of the board -- will repopulate it. 'Tis simple borrowed technology from END... um, I mean, nothing. I don't have another game Shifty Eyes

EDIT: Ah, I see. You got to it from the challenge page, not the main.

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 27, 2004 1:00]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 24, 2024 5:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022