Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 18:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: NDR... revealed!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 16, 2004 11:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What the friggin' hell? Parton the outburst, but, dudes, c'mon! What? Was there some sort of idiot convention where everyone said "Hey, let's all learn Blank even though everyone is telling us not to! Yeah, that's a friggin' great idea! Whoo! All pwn Arrow idiocy!"

Really, I mean, for swear! I only went to learn it due to the forum bug of super-fast learning early on, which ended before Blank acutally came up on my list. I mean, me and Ice complaining about really should have told you all something, not to mention the rest of the people stupid enough to learn it.

Blank is stupid. You should not learn Blank until you need it, for Pete's sake! Its point is to save you the trouble of class changing and learning prerequisits, which would eventually take longer than the 5x length, thus only being benificial then. Now, your just gonna have a weight dragging you down until you finally find a worth-while use of that time!

... beh... Sweat Drop
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2004 14:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Me no copy? What you take me for, man? Of course I copy before making a post, especially of that length, but my computer crashed, as in hard-core cannot-even-open-up-text-pad-from-anywhere-in-order-to-save-and-keep-it-through-the-restart-I-had-to-do-since-my-connection-kicked-as-well crashed. I shall try to explain it again, tho'. Took me a freakin' hour last time.... I am so writing it in Wordpad this time.

First, tho', what is wrong with the "five move system"? Monsters have three spells and one normal attack; do you really need more than five? I mean, for serious, man. What, do you want to spice up your actions with weak physical attacks in between your onslaught of spells or something?
  And there is already a remedy to that system -- it is called M4, remember? Ten moves and a blutty Hel lot more to choose from.

Back to NDR, tho' (or just to it), no magic and no normal attacks do say a lot, poor li'l naive Ice. "Choose your tech," "Power, Magic, Special?" Remember those? Despite those, I would have thought that you would have the wits about you to figure that I could not simply rid of those two without any other changes; battles would simply become murderous power-matches, the stronger spell more or less determining the match. I mean, spells are not equal in strength; what makes them fair is that stronger ones took more magic than another.

Thus the first subtle change to NDR -- spells no longer vary in strength. In each stage of a monster's life (Creature Level less than ten, CL greater than twenty, and in between), all of its spells will have the same Spell Level (SL): two, three, or four. No more strange percentages or slightly varying strengths; this puts a lot of emphasis on a monster's stats and let's spells simply be an extention of them. (Stats, by the way, now no longer increase with level; only life and boosts go up.)
  Every effect in a spell is assigned a SL from one (weak) to four (ultimate); the total SL's of the effects must equal the SL of that spell. For example, your little Mista would have:
  Nightbringer (Dark) : SL 2 Banish, SL 2 Strike Down
  FrostWave (Ice) : SL 4 Casting
  Dewfall (Ice) : SL 4 Cure [Group]
  A group effecting spell -- when not used to target an individual -- suffers two SLs. You probably also notice the descriptions of Cast and Banish being present, which I had mentioned in another post some time ago. In BD, originally Arcane and Virtue were not magical attack and defense, but rather both a strange combination of both. Castings increased with the user's Arcane and the enemy's Virtue and was defended by Arcane; Banish works quite the opposite, increased by the user's Virtue and foe's Arcane and is defended by Virtue. I hope it would be obvious that the advantage gained from the enemy's attribute is not on par with the sole-damage causing portion, but it is a boost nonetheless. This is how the original BD worked, and I have hated myself ever since I changed it. Under this system, Nidhogg slaughters all who try to use Castings against him but is utterly destroyed by Banishment.
  Arcane still increases the duration of supplemental effects, and Virtue still acts as saving throws and the source of healing power. Their respective downsides just balance them out with the other attributes with less uses.

Another thing to note is the greater emphasis on training in this new version; it is the highest ever. The training game is going bye-bye; most of your training will be done in actual battles now (and a little in the RPG). You will only be able to train up so much per level as well, something like
  Sum of ([Training% of Each Spell * 100] ^ 2) < 1200
  That is only a rough formula for now; it gives you about twenty percent in each spell if you distribute it evenly. Training is important because you now not only start with zero training in a spell, but every time your Spell Level increases, all training reduces to zero. Don't worry; this also makes sense. See, a spell with zero training will act as one an entire spell level lower than it actually is. At one-hundred percent, it acts as a spell of its own level. Want another shiny forumula?
  Effective SL = SL - (1 - Training%)
  where Training% is a percentage, so zero to one. With this new formula, those little corner levels such as ten and twenty have their edges sanded away. Once you hit ten, your spells are all as strong as someone who is level nine barring the training you get done while that level. See? Nice and smoooth. It also makes certain spells of your suck butt unless you use them! Won't that be interesting?

Okay, sounds like a lot, don't it? I could prolly leave you hanging there, but I shall not.

What is the deal with the Spell Levels, you might ask. Well, they are how you "slot" your spells. See, those three shiny categories of Power, Special, and Magic (not MP, just plain Magic) are three energy meters to which you slot your spells.
  Power holds all things that do not use Cast or Ban, Magic does anything that does not use the physical Attack, Special cannot hold those things which solely damage (that is, purely Attack, Cast, or Ban). And yes, you are correct in assuming that anything that inflicts no damage can be slotted anywhere; Degeneration (i.e. Poison) counts as non-damaging since it is not direct.
  Each of these energy meters is four is four long -- one slot corresponding to each spell level. This is where one of your monster's spell's great new purposes comes into play. Your spell determines how much each meter can fill up. It cannot be slotted lower than its own spell level, and nothing may be slotted beyond (in a higher Energy Level) than your spell.
  Wait, slot what? Tech what is what. What tech what? Tech tech what! Oh yeah, all monsters now happen to learn from an entire library of generic sounding techniques such as Bite, Claw, Wing, Breath, Shadows, Penace, Storm, Rise, Slow, Blind, Enrage, Scream, Song, Howl, Shine, Glow, Envenom, Rebuke, Stone, Quake, Freeze, Burn, Curse, Stab, Trample, Gallop, Devour, Torrent, Remedy, Mist, Entangle, and so on. There really is no limit to what can be a tech; it just needs to sound really bland. In fact, a lot of things that used to be spell names are being bumped and becoming run-of-the-mill techs.
  So anyway, techs are pretty much things that act as a spell of a lower SL, one to three. You can never learn a tech more power than your spells, and which spells you have mastered control which techs you may learn! Confused yet? Let us look at an Entropy (Nidhogg Drake) example.

POW
  MAG
  SPC

Left is SL 1, right is SL 4, middle is, well, you do the math, loser. Here is another example flop from Zig, the Basilisk Serpent.

POW
  MAG
  SPC

This li'l Zig is not full-formed yet. It does, however, have enough techs to slot to manage four in its Magic meter. Now, this could be a good thing or a bad thing; more is not necessarily better. See, even tho' it is slotted in the fourth place, Spit Venom is still only an SL 3 Casting. However, when it is used (or anything is used in battle for that matter), it takes from its respective meter as however it is slotted.

Confused yet? If not, I am not doing my job.
  See, you start battle with energy in each meter equal to your spell in that meter, not where you have it slotted in that meter. Entropy would be all fours; Zig would be all threes. A newbie egg would have one meter at two and two at one Dead Achem! No meter can start lower than one... er, zero.
  Now, for every turn, your monster uses one of the twelve things it has slotted (or less in the case of Zig). The meter that spell exists in goes down by whatever that spell was slotted at. If Entropy uses Pinion, its Power goes to one. If it were to use Shadow Blast, its Magic would go to zero. If Zig were to use the SL 3 Spit Venom, its Magic would also go to zero. On the next turn, no techs or spells outside of the energy level of its slotted meter. If 'Hogg used Pinion, it could not use any Power techs save Bite. If it had Blasted, it could use no Magic whatsoever and would need to resort to another bar.

And battle continues with the next move a monster wants to use. Let us say Entropy uses Curse. What's this? Either its Magic or Power went up by one! Both its Magic and Power could have gone up if either was not at its fullest. Every time a monster acts, the energy of the two bars it did not use go up considering they are not already at their maximum.
  When Zig used Spit Venom, neither its Power nor its Special increased because both were already at their maximum; it only has spells slotted up to three for both of those meters.

So this all seems like a lot of changing, right? Truth be told, BD is going to be the more same than ever. I mean, the game is becoming more like you had expected battles to progress than they actually did. The biggest change is the mad amount of variation that goes into battles now. Um... I think there was something else I was supposed to say, but.... I forget.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 17, 2004 2:24
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mkay, the loss of training is both good and bad. Good, because it doesn't allow us to easily raise those anymore. Bad because, well, it doesn't allow me to easily raise those anymore, either.

As for the changes, basically it seems as though what you're saying is that you (1) can't have battles where you simply use your one strongest attack over and over in a row, you have to switch off. However, with your examples, would you be able to simply trade off between using Magic/Special or something like that? I.e: LV4 Mag move, then LV4. Spc move, then LV4 Mag, etc... Or what? I'm lost as to how those will work. And also, then, I assume that your 10 move listing will work in a loop as opposed to the linear line as Gobbo said?

Also, I'm hungry.

* eats the up *

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 17, 2004 10:14

On Jul 16, 2004 10:03, MadGoblin said:

... it will form cycles of acts rather than linear spans of commands.

Congradulations, Ice, you just failed the first grade since you can't read Tongue
  Nah, I'm joking. But I did say that the new system would be cyclical and not linear. I don't see how you could get that confused... how my own words were "cycles rather than linear" Slanted Mouth

Huh? Seems like Ems left out something about the recharging, or you didn't read it. I'm too lazy to read his huge topic since I pretty much already know all that, so allow me to state/re-state:

About the dishing out level 4 techs like mad:
  You have the three bars, Power, Magic, Special, but you already knew that. Now, when you say "what's too keep you from dishing out multiple Lv4's like mad? Lv4 Mag, Lv4 Spc, Lv4 Mag?", you have to keep in mind, generally, a creature's Special has non-damaging techs, like stat raises or curation, so that's the first dismissal of what you said. (of course, that could be changed to "Lv4 Mag, Lv4 Pow, Lv4 Mag", but I'll dismiss that next Wink )

When Ems' sez it prevents onslaughts of heavy attacking, I think he'd think of that. Once you use a tech/spell, the corresponding bar will drop by that much power. Let me make a poor visual one-sided example:

A 'Hogg starts a battle, having full charge in all his bars!
  Turn 1-
  P-O|O|O|O
  M-O|O|O|O
  S-O|O|O|O

For his first turn, he uses Shadow Blast, a Lv4 Mag spell, dropping his Mag bar by four blocks (or 'O's, in my example):
  Turn 2-
  P-O|O|O|O
  M-X|X|X|X
  S-O|O|O|O

Next turn, he uses SwiftWing, a Lv4 Special spell, blah blah. When he does this all of his other bars go up by one, so his bars look like:
  Turn 3-
  P-O|O|O|O
  M-O|X|X|X
  S-X|X|X|X
  (since power was already full, it can't go up any more. common sense)

Now, on his next turn, he uses Tear, a Lv4 Power spell, recharging of the other bars ensues:
  Turn 4-
  P-X|X|X|X
  M-O|O|X|X
  S-O|X|X|X

So, you see, Ice, at his fourth turn, if he wasted all of his highest powered spells right off the bat, he's gonna have to be pretty conservative! I mean, the best he can pull off is, what, a Whirlpool? If he keeps up the use of the strongest possible skills available to him, he'll only have SL2 spells at his disposal for the rest of the match! Don't believe me? Check-check-check it out!

Turn 5-
  P-O|X|X|X
  M-X|X|X|X
  S-O|O|X|X
  Turn 6-
  P-O|O|X|X
  M-O|X|X|X
  S-X|X|X|X
  Turn 7-
  P-X|X|X|X
  M-O|O|X|X
  S-O|X|X|X

And now, turn 7 puts the 'Hogg in the same boat as turn 4, so nothing is gonna change. Now then, if poor Nid' would have moderated his stuffs, it could have turned out like this:

Turn 1- Uses SL3 M
  P-O|O|O|O
  M-O|O|O|O
  S-O|O|O|O
  Turn 2- Uses LS3 S
  P-O|O|O|O
  M-O|X|X|X
  S-O|O|O|O
  Turn 3- Uses LS3 P
  P-O|O|O|O
  M-O|O|X|X
  S-O|X|X|X
  Turn 4- Uses LS3 M
  P-O|X|X|X
  M-O|O|O|X
  S-O|O|X|X
  Turn 5- Uses LS3 S
  P-O|O|X|X
  M-X|X|X|X
  S-O|O|O|X
  Turn 6- Uses LS3 P
  P-O|O|O|X
  M-O|X|X|X
  S-X|X|X|X
  Turn 7- Uses LS2 M
  P-X|X|X|X
  M-O|O|X|X
  S-O|X|X|X

And, by turn 7, it winds up in the same boat, but, do six SL3 spells turn out better than three SL4 and three SL2 spells in the long run? ... I don't know.

The point is, you wouldn't just blow your big guns at the start of the match. A bunch of your little techs could come in dandy-handy. Er, wait, wasn't I explaning who techs would run dry? Oh yeah... well, they do. ... Shifty Eyes

runs like the wind!
Ice

Member #46

Jul 17, 2004 11:17
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I didn't fail reading, I failed clear communication, because what I asked was basically for confirmation of what I thought you'd said. And since I got that, then we're all good.

Secondly, I was afraid that the power bar things were gonna work like you said with a 1-per-turn-increase-per-bar. Which makes sense, however, it seems as though that would esentially make the battles a bit longer, since you can't just gun it out. Perhaps there will be free-for-all modes, or perhaps relics which will keep one of your bars constantly filled or refils your bars at an incresed rate? Now something like *that* would be extremely handy-dandy.

However, I'm still slightly confused by something...

...when I remember what it is, I'll let you know.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 17, 2004 11:46

Relics, as I recall, will mostly just take the place of one of your techs. Say, Mjolner (you know, Thor's hammer. I dun remember how its spelled). Instead of replacing your normal attack, which doesn't exist, it'll take the place of your, let's just say, SL1 Magic tech. And, bam-o! You have yourself a pretty Thunder-elemented-tech. On a 'hogg egg, you could have yourself some fun with dew drops. Heh heh heh Evil Grin

I don't think anything would affect the fill of bars, whether replenishing or depleting. And, yes, battles will become longer, but it shouldn't be looked at as "longer battles", but more of "more involved battles". Greater saying power turns the tide on previously set victories.

And now I do a jig. Dee-da-dee-da-dee!
Ice

Member #46

Jul 17, 2004 12:08

I highly doubt the battles are going to be any more engaging, you'll simply have to spend longer working out how the techs will work out during the battle. So what you're doing will be completely predictable (in other words, you'll know exactly what you're doing, and it should do exactly what you think it's doing... basically what Minty said earlier.) it will just take you longer to figure out what that is that you're doing.

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 17, 2004 12:30

No, not really.

Again, Ice, you fail to realize something else. Under old BD, you had little stat adjustments like 20%, 25%, and 35%. Now, without magic points, these things had to be made fair in entirity with the rest of thats and made useful for further wrungs in a match.

Well, percentages no longer exist, per say... but it does work out to be something close to 20%, 40%, 60%, and 80% modifications now for stat-altering moves. These things do not last nearly as long as they did, and when they start to where out, they tick down by tens of percents.

You also have to remember that the battles you often take place in are extremely short fights since it is Hrim vs Hogg. Lower level fights always took a long time. You and S^3 duked it out for pages. Eggs... well, forget about that.

Battles will not be longer, per se. For younger monsters, they will be made shorter by the wider variety of techs available (Nidhoggegg uses a spell! OMG WTF??!! It can cause damage!). Since spell levels increase as time goes on, battle length will really not increase... until SLs stop increasing and only life does. That is why at levels 30, 35, 40, and 45 all your SL 1, SL 2, SL 3, and SL 4 techs take one less slot to use, respectively.

I mean, obviously, if spells are no longer the main offensive they once were, some restructuring would be done. I thought all spells changing to a 1-4 system instead of whatever to 50 would have clued you in that something with the damage-caused was going to go funky.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 18, 2004 1:51

Hrm. Yet again, I have absolutely no clue at all what you just said. I saw something in there that made it look like once you're Lv. 45 you'll be able to use your LV4 tech for free, and thus be able to just deal the s*** out of everyone. Or something. And I saw you calling me stupid. That's always nice. But the rest of that crap is somewhat confusing, so I'll just let you release the goddamned game and figger it out then. Or not. You know, whichever.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 18, 2004 12:07

On Jul 17, 2004 12:30, MintMan said:

That is why at levels 30, 35, 40, and 45 all your SL 1, SL 2, SL 3, and SL 4 techs take one less slot to use, respectively.

No, Ice, you're wrong yet again. See that big shiny word "respectively"? What Ems meant, and what is clearly stated, is that at Lv 30, SL 1 techs cost one less point to use, making them free. At Lv 35, SL 2 techs cost one less point to use, making them cost one point. At Lv 40, SL 3 techs cost, shockers, one less to use, making them cost 2 points. So, as you probably have picked up on the pattern, SL 4 spells cost 3 parts of a bar to use at level 45 rather than their original 4 parts or your thought-of 0. See?
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 18, 2004 15:58

Now, for the stupid question of the month, but it is bothering me so I'm gonna ask: is This NDR going to replace the current BD altogether?
  * picks a virtual heavenlystairway *

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 18, 2004 16:45

Odd. I could swear Ems said that somewhere, but I cannot find it to quote.

But, yes, NDR will not be like M4. It will entirely replace the currently known version of BD, hence why it is becoming Ver 4.0.

Complete clarification!!! ... Slanted Mouth Flat Mouth Dot Mouth Shifty Eyes
  * Sneakily picks a virtual heavenlystairway of his own *
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Jul 25, 2004 15:22
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I haven't read this whole thing yet, so what's gonna happen to the Nidhogg Dance? Is Minty gonna save it on the site somewhere?

EDIT: And I thought M4 was confusing! I just got that down and now this is thrown at us! I'm confused.

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Ruby/ Sapphire versions' champion

[Editted by Rook on Jul 25, 2004 15:44]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 25, 2004 16:22

Heh. Yeah, M4 was kinda, well, "different." Of course, if Ems actually pushed everyone into the pull instead of coaxing them into the kiddie end, it prolly would have been nice to have it replace the regular "spell and attack only" method. Not that there's anything wrong with it, mind you... yes there is Tongue That's why it's getting replaced.

If you believe in something with all your might, it might just be true... that you're an ass.
  - Why be sane?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 25, 2004 17:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wait, so...what's going to be the big difference between NDR and BD? And if it's replacing BD entirely, what's going to happen to all of our familiars?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jul 25, 2004 18:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Aw. Why not have all three systems at once? I enjoyed the simpler current game, though it was a tad too restricting. M4 gave too many options though, so this is about right. But why not keep the current one as well? It could really give the connected feel that made GSC so great. I mean, it's four games (M4, NDR, Current, RPG) in one account! Woo! *expects rage from Minty towards Lee's traditionalism*

Duh. The creatures go ahead, still the same, but picking up new attacks. No big change, 'cept for to your strategy.

* picks a virtual heavenlystairway with no possible way to describe it *

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 25, 2004 22:19

Yeah, M4 is a big disappointed as far as BD is concerned. Nobody much liked it, and I know all the commands were to blame. I do not see why that is, however, since all you have to do is not use the freakin' extra commands if you don't want to.
  But fret not, little people. BDv4 will have its own M4 equivalent, which I think is going to be called M2 (whose abbreviation I cannot remember the meaning of at this time). The new energy bar system allows for some better utilization of the freaky commands, plus techs allow for the elimination of the strange attacks like Natural Force and Plow.

Okay, look, NDR is not something like M4. NDR is not even a version of Battling Dragons. NDR is simply what the super-battle oriented redone RPG plot is supposed to be called. I was just using it as the main tag for BD version 4.0. Anything that exists now will not exist with version four, hence the point of a new version. Well, anything battle-y at least. All stats and methods are being redone, so none of the previous incarnations can stick around.

Not that it matters, tho', since new battles are pretty much going to be old battles without magic or normal attacks. All your familiars stay nice and happy, and for those increasing numbers of you with more than one familiar, multi-familiar interface is going to be much better than in version three. Now, there technically will be no such thing as an inactive creature; you just get to specify which one you want to display on your web site, more or less.

I mean, I know it has gotta seem freaky to you guys that I can just up and out a game like this, but you have to remember that I have done this before to Battling Dragons... twice! I have also made it through four incarnations of the R.E. League with just as much worry.
  If I got a version that I think is better than what is currently out, then I am by-gum gonna dos it!
  No eternal egg matches and actual depths to creature customization... yeah, I would say those are improvements.
  * picks a virtual heavenlystairway because all that glitters is gold *
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Jul 26, 2004 24:17

D'oh! Does this mean I'm going to have to relearn all of my tokens?!

...Just kidding. I'm not that stupid.

Er, anyhow. BD4.0 is soundin' cool, but I have a few questions:

# 1: You mentioned Bite being a generic Tech, but I thought that was a spell used by the Nidhogg hatchling. My memory might be playin' tricks on me, but I'm too lazy to check the 'hogg post for it's moves.

# 2: Will Poison be more accurate? With the "energy bar" system (or whatever it's called) it'll be more difficult to recast a poison spell if the first one doesn't work right.

and # 3: You mentioned that only boosts and life will increase at a level up. Will we be able to change our boost around, choose boosts more often, or what?

* uses the technique Focus *

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 26, 2004 10:56

Heh. You had me going there for a bit, Writer.

Anyhoo, I think I shall answer some Q's cuz I can and it'll get Ems mad by inflamming his inferiority complex!

1) Bite's becoming a generic tech, yes. The 'Hogg will instead be getting Gnaw, which is pretty much the same thing (picture wise) but has some type of stat reducing effect, I do believe. The same will be done with Bounce and Shell. (bounce will get replaced with Envy Strike and Shell... I dunno Slanted Mouth )

2) Poison? Er... I can only poorly tackle this one. Me thinks it will hit upon every use but may just not last very long if the use was "less successful" or something. I dunno... I am certain that it's getting a fix, tho'... I hope Nervous

3) Boosts, if anything, will become more frequently obtainable, I cannot really remember how Ems had the final details worked out, if he even did. But, regardless, why in the world would you be able to "switch them around"? That just doesn't begin to even make a lick of sense! Once the bed is made, you have to sleep in it no matter how ugly it may be! ... wait, that's not a saying at all Boggle

end worthlessness

PBM! Fear!
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 26, 2004 12:17

Well, everything you said was freakin' worthless. * uses the technique LandSmite on MadGoblin in revenge *

1) Yes, Bite is becoming a normal tech, and obviously, it will no longer be a Nidhogg spell. It is being replaced with Gnaw. The Egg spells are turning into Hateful Strike and Envy; I do not know why Shell would become Shell again, YFFI.
  Even Monoceros is hoppin' on the downgrade train; Horn is turning into Impale and Impale into the Unikin-requisite Alicorn. That might also make you guess that the Alicorn relic is disappearing, and that would also be true. The new Light relic is going to be.... I dunno, something, like Rood or... Durahndal? (sp., I dinnae really care)

2) Okay, I do not know where you have been for the last, well, half-year or so, but Poison has been 100% accurate for quite some time in everything except tournaments. It works on a saving throw system now instead of hit-or-miss. The duration is less, but for you normal unlucky Basilisk, it is a much, much better system.
  Pretty much, instead of determining hit-or-miss, the double-duration of poison (now called Degeneration) is determined by an arcane/virtue check.
  And this same system that has been implemented since February shall still be implemented -- as far as I know -- in the new system as well.

3) No, you still only get six boosts in your entire BD life. You will be able to "change them around" if you had previously boosted Magic or Health, categories which no longer exist.
  See, if no one's stats ever go up, then you are always on par with everyone else, thus there is no need for them to increase. Techniquely, even if they did increase, the increase was only ever apparent when facing foes of a different level than your own. If you always fight enemies of levels that are equal (or at least close to you), the stats were technically always the same.
  Actually keeping them always on one level just makes tournament a whole lot easier and fairer. Modifying Health and Magic alone was not enough to even the odds in DNA.

So once again, shut the freakin' Hel up, Mad Goblin, 'cause you don't know what you are talking about.
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 19, 2024 18:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022