Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 24:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Anyone going to the Anime Expo this weekend?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 29, 2004 15:13
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just wondering. It's out here in California at the Anaheim Convention Center. Just saying in case anyone here is interested. In fact, I'm going along with some friends this Saturday. I'm so gonna buy lots of stuff, such as Motoko (from Love Hina) scrolls, Cowboy Bebop DVDs, some manga (might get some Naruto manga), and pre-order Wolf's Rain (coming out on July 6). It's going to be so fun! In case anybody is going, I can't wait to see you there!

But please, don't cosplay. *shudders* I don't exactly like hanging around with cosplayers (since they strike me as extreme aficionados to anime). It gives me the creeps when I see a cosplayer (except when the cosplayer isn't using a sophisticated costume and make-up). Um, yeah, hope to see you there!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 29, 2004 16:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ano hito wa, futato imasu! * Vengefully uses the technique CycloneSlash on Lugia7777 *

How dare you mock co-players! Those are some of the most hard-core fans ever! You should only mock bad cosplayers. You know, the ones who look nothing like what they say. Those guys suck. And the extremely detailed-ness is what makes 'em good! I saw these one blokes who just had lil' things on their heads wearing regular cloths and they were all "We're cosplayers." Liars! Plus, CPing is yet another excuse for chicks to dress up fine. I mean, what are you? Cinaedum?

Anyhoo, back to subject, no, I know I won't be there. Dang college-and-being-on-the-other-side-of-the-States-so-like-Hel-I'd-have-a-chance-to-go-anyways!

Er, yeah, so, no. No you will not see me there. you may rejoice now

Why be sane?
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 29, 2004 18:52

Well, I like cosplayers that actually do a good job of mimicking their characters, but I remember the time when someone came into the Anime Expo with nothing but a cardboard box with the word "Gundam" on it. Now that made me laugh for his stupidity. Ahh, how I pity him.

However, my friend is going to cosplay as Agent Amaro from FLCL (my #2 anime of all time, #1 being Cowboy Bebop and #3 being Love Hina). On the other end of the spectrum, my friend's former girlfriend might don a hentai outfit to the Anime Expo. Nervous

Um, yeah, take this!

* uses the technique Blast on MadGoblin *

Oh yeah, one more question: Where in the RP command can I add additional descriptors to make the command look interesting?

EDIT: What is "cinaedum?" Just wondering. And also, for me, going to Anaheim's a snap. I live in Los Angeles anyway. Tongue

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Jun 29, 2004 18:54]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 30, 2004 1:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's Latin for queer. It is quite confusing that he called you that, really, because with that ending, it would be impossible for you to be such as you would have no gender Boggle

I would have to agree with him, tho', not because of what you said about cosplayers (Go stupid/hot chicks into dressing like VG hos!) but because of your atrocious tastes in anime. * shudders * So bad!
  With very few exceptions, if it was shown on Adult Swim, it sucked. Bad dubbing cannot even be held to blame; that stuff is just bad.

Also, you add extra-happy description to techs by either beginning your command with a double colon before you put in the normal colon to start your command, or you just shove in some extra text at the end to append the end of the message.

* out of webmaster anger, uses the technique GroundSmite on Lugia7777 since he will not read the FAQ *
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 30, 2004 1:38
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here in Michigan, I have not been able to find any anime or comic conventions at all. The closest we have are those Renaissance fairs. Does anyone out there know of any, or of a site I could find them with? Of course, it could be that I'm too stupid to notice any. Shifty Eyes
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 30, 2004 2:42

Oh well, everybody is entitled to their opinions. I still think that Cowboy Bebop is pretty good. However, I'm beginning to like the anime Excel Saga (EXTREMELY FUNNY stuff, comparable to FLCL). But then again, Cutey Honey is another funny anime. Which reminds me... Does anyone here like the movie Spirited Away? I think that it was pretty well done. I'm going to buy the DVD for it along with Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and Castle in the Sky. Ironic considering that the Anime Expo is so close to Disneyland, whose parent company, Disney, was the U.S. distributor of the above movies.

EDIT: MintMan, if I have atrocious tastes in anime, then what ARE your tastes then? Just curious. Also, do note that Outlaw Star, FLCL, Excel Saga, Trigun (because of its many biblical references), Wolf's Rain, Rurouni Kenshin, and Naruto are also part of my top ten favorite anime. Hopefully some of the anime in my top ten list are in your top ten list too. If not, oh well. I don't have enough money to go out and buy lots of different anime, and my parents aren't willing to shell out the cash to get it.

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Jun 30, 2004 2:48]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 30, 2004 13:05

Okay, Bebop is one of those very few exceptions Ems was referring to on Adult Swim. I've never seen FLCL, but from my understanding its good. Wolf Rain, on the other hand, I hear is garbage. Trigun, while over all awesome, has some tiresome parts/confusion in it. Mainly, tho', his insults are more geared to the most loathed mockeries to ever cross the Pacific, being Witch Hunter Robin, Blue Gender, Inu Yasha, and Yu Yu Hakisho (spelling? oh, wait, who cares? the show started out good but then decided to become tournament fighting crap!)

Anyhoo, Ems tastes in anime's is about the same as mine, so it encompasses good stuff, which are mainly the old TV classics and things that were too good to be put on US TV (aka: the last nail in the coffin). This would be shows like Transformers, Voltron, and Battle of the Planets, while the latter group includes The Slayers, Record of Lodoss, The Guiver, Ninja Scroll, Akira, and, o' course, Excel Saga (parallels the gods in its greatness). I dun own Spirited Away, but me older bro does, so I've seen it. Pure. Gold.

Sadly, since I'm more or less poor, that listing is basically whatever I watched as a child crossed with whatever said older brother had in his video library. Of course, tho', he has very good tastes.

All of forementioned = pwnage. * eats a virtual Anti-noob in celebration *
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 30, 2004 14:21

Hence why Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime. Everything about it is good: the music, the gunfights, the space battles, and the martial arts (is Spike's fighting style the same as Bruce Lee's? Just wondering).

Another question: Which is better, the subtitled version of Cowboy Bebop with Japanese seiyuu or the American dubbed version of it? Personally, as much as I hate to admit, I have to say that the American dubbed version of Cowboy Bebop is better than the Japanese voices because in certain episodes, the girls sound too young, while as for the American voices, they sound a bit more mature, e.g. Meifa in Boogie Woogie Feng Shui.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 30, 2004 15:10

The dub/sub war on Cowboy Bebop is impossible to win. On one hand, you get the original dialogue with great Ed's voice (whoever that actress is) and Megumi Hayashibara (all hail), but with America, you get the pimpin' Steve Blum and Wendee Lee. How do you choose? Simple! Watch 'em both ways! If you owned a boxed set of anime, it is not like you have a life anyway Big Smile
  For some reason, my bro' Six -- who normally likes good animes -- detests the Bebop. The thing is, he has the stupidest reasons for it. He says that it is the most dialogue-deprived animes ever. According to him, all it does is show spaceships flying around for minutes at a time, which really could not be further from the truth. I mean, how much of Bebop is just talking? Good talking, at that.

Spirited Away rules. Princess Mononoke rules. Anything by Miyazaki just plain rules. He is considered the Japanese Disney, but old Disney, like Sword in the Stone -- back before idiot parents started complaining about things like blood and giant wolves savagely shaking an unconcious boy about the neck. That scene is so cool. Must have watched it, like, ten times.

Gobbo's list seemed pretty comprehensive. He did leave out Those Who Hunt Elves, Legend of Crystania (which kinda goes along with Lodoss), Cutey Honey, HyperDoll, Sorcerer Hunters, Saber Marionette, Kimba the White Lion, Battle Angel, Metal Fighter Miku... good anime typically follows a pattern. Pretty much, if it is about whiny people and their problems, it sucks.

Finally, don't knock how Japanese chicks sound. That's whats makes thems rules.
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 30, 2004 22:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 30, 2004 15:10, MintMan said:

How do you choose? Simple! Watch 'em both ways! If you owned a boxed set of anime, it is not like you have a life anyway Big Smile

Gasp, I have a boxed set of Bebop waiting at the post office cause of my stopped mail for Texan vacation. Only about 16 or so hours of life having left. Of course football starts only hours before that, bolstering my life having arguments. Damn these paradoxes!!! Wait, I got a wall scroll about a week and a half ago, so my life having ended there. Yet football, and job having, then job quitting, .....and....

* uses the technique Wield with the crack at anyone willing to question this post's sanity *
  You gotta do something about that wording minty, thats just ugly

[Editted by VinnyD on Jun 30, 2004 22:45]
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jul 1, 2004 13:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah, FLCL, I watched a sub of it...
  Throughout watching, and still, my overall impression was that of "What the **** was that?!"

As for stuff on adult swim, I don't know what's on because I don't even watch tv much anymore... I'm too busy gaming or watching anime that Nuo_Trainer has obtained and endorsed.

Speaking of whom, he still hasn't worked on his gym due to subbing stuff.

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Jul 1, 2004 13:34]
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jul 1, 2004 15:16

Yeah. That's the whole point of FLCL: to be pointless, confusing, and chaotic. However, if one REALLY tries to dig deeper into the story, one could find something quite interesting regarding the overall theme of FLCL.

Hmmm. If Bebop box sets are still available at the Anime Expo, then that means I'm definitely gonna buy myself one then! I dunno, Ems. I just like the Bebop. Hell, I even do a quick little dance when Tank! plays at the beginning of every episode, and I reflect on the theme of every episode while The Real Folk Blues plays at the end of the episode. Yeah, that just means I have no life also. Big Smile

So yeah, I think I will really enjoy this year's Anime Expo in Anaheim, especially when I go with a group of girls from an all-girls high school's anime club. Wink

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Jul 1, 2004 15:17]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 1, 2004 15:57

All girl! You fiend-strumpet! Die die die die die die!

* In dire rage, uses the technique CycloneSlash on Lugiatrainer for ultimate vengeance *

Oh well, I shouldn't care. I mean, I went to some crappy convention and wound up meeting THE Wendee Lee while getting a wall scroll of Faye-faye signed in the process. Rock, rock on!
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 24:59 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022