Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 18:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Hey mintman read...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Devilikin

Member #187

Jun 19, 2004 2:44
Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey Mintman I dont know you, you dont know me lol but I was talknig to some guy on AIM called BriIIance or sumthing like that and ghhe told me you can help me make an online game or at least give me ideas I am pretty much done but he said your good with this stuff:

BriIIance: He has a game alot like what you're trying to make
  BriIIance: Talk to him for help
  BriIIance: He's really gosu on that stuff

well my link is xchaosx.com (currently down to fix it all up and re-release it) but I can give u username and pass to access the page so u can see what we have done if ur interested at all plz IM me at

Devilikin

because I will probably forget this link and never come back lol and I want to talk to you well thansk for your time hope to ttys

Lataz
  Mike

xchaosx.com/forums check it out
Camo

Member #5

Jun 19, 2004 5:40
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey Mintman, can you help me make a game too? Oh please!
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 19, 2004 8:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, I recall BriIIance, but I do not know where he got the idea that I could help you. I am tied up pretty much all of the time with my own projects. Some other guy tried to get help from me once, and I told him that I would help him in my spare time. As of yet, I have not devoted a single hour to his work Tongue Well, I guess it did not help that this guy was a freakin' moron who apparently did not know the first thing about games let alone how to go about making one.

"Okay, for the sign-up script, what will determine a character's starting stats?"
  "What do you mean?"
  "You know, what effects their statistics at the beginning of the game: class, element, what?"
  "... what do you mean?"
  "Like, do you get to pick the stats at the beginning, are they random, or are they just assigned based on what class you pick?"
  ".... huh?"

And that went on for quite literally two hours.

Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 19, 2004 12:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh, even I know more about starting a game than that, and I know veerryyy little. 'Course I do know better than to even seriously consider making my own game with as little programming skill as I have. Not that I don't have ideas...

(In an attempt to make this post more than just token grabbing) What is your game gonna be like, Devilikin?

It's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough.
writer77

Member #4

Jun 19, 2004 13:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You don't need silly things like Programming knowledge and Design skill to make a game. It's really easy. For instance, my first game used only if-then statements, prompts, and simple variable manipulation. And there wasn't a drop of decent design put into the whole* stupid thing. It was horrible, but it was a game.

*When I say that, it makes it sound like the game was a lot bigger than it was. It wasn't. But I don't want to talk about it.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 19, 2004 16:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah, I remember my first attempt at a game. ... a programmed game, that is, for to be any deal good, I believe you had to have your roots in paper.

In fact, for being a first, it really wasn't that bad, especially considering that it was on Q-Basic. Too bad it had a file-size over load from me making too much terrains in it. Dang. I really got to find some way around that hitch. I really liked that game.

( Arrow Smile That's what you were in it! Rock, rock on!)
  * Randomly sets a secret Trap *

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

writer77

Member #4

Jun 19, 2004 22:55

On Jun 19, 2004 16:00, MadGoblin said:

( Arrow Smile That's what you were in it! Rock, rock on!)

Whoa! You had a smily face as your character?! That's even more hi-tech than the highest-tech of all my games, in which you are an asterisk.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 20, 2004 24:04

Q-BASIC and all of DOS, actually, has two smiley face characters for ASCII code one and two -- one was filled, the other was hollow. Y'know, kinda like in Killin' if you have ever played.

Ah, now there is something that could stand to be redone... a lot.
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 21, 2004 12:49

Has anyone here ever done anything with ZZT? I discovered it a few years ago in a CD that contained a collection of old DOS-based games and later downloaded the editor program. I made a couple of games for it once, but I seriously doubt I still have them.

It's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough.
Camo

Member #5

Jun 22, 2004 5:13
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I reckon it'd be cool to make an emogame like game.
  I downloaded RPGmaker2k3 the other day but cant be buggered with it, might look into it a bit soon. I was on fire making a game for RPGmaker2K in the day!
Blade

Member #99

Jun 24, 2004 5:27

Ahh the good old RPGMaker2k I have been getting into that.
  Quite a lot actually. Argh Yargh har har
  *Pulls out rum bottle* Drink up mateys

One fight. One more step on the path to becoming a true warrior!---Ryu

Sometimes the most important battle, is the battle within... ---Ryu

Kal

Member #127

Jun 27, 2004 9:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

RPG toolkit was my weapon of choice when I did a bit of it back in the day. *pulls out hair*

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 18:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022