Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 24:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Gamecube Help (Disc Read Error)

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ice

Member #46

Jun 3, 2004 23:15
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, I'm really pissed now. Stupid freaking Gamecube. I'm guessing this is probably a laser focus problem or somesuch, but my gamecube will no longer read any of my games. At all. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem *without* going through Nintendo repair, which costs $70 for all gamecube hardware problems?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 4, 2004 15:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You've probably tried already, but wipe off the little thing that reads the disc. It looks sorta like a little light bulb...sorta. I'm no help, so I'll stop now.

Did you do anything to mess it up? How did it stop working? Maybe you over loaded it. ^__^' i know you're gonna yell at me for seeming to think you're an idiot, but is it plugged in right? Sometimes it just needs to be unplugged and replugged. If the light doesn't go on there's something wrong with the power...It's hard to help without being there. When my games "break" it's usually something stupid like that, but that's just me...or sometimes it just spontaneously stops working just for long enough to make me mad...

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

msanis

Member #7

Jun 4, 2004 18:19
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If there is something wrong with your scanner; then that is your problem. That is a rather... big problem; as it is the main component used in reading disks. I'm just confused as to how you could have messed it up... I suppose you had probably smudged it with a fingerprint somehow...

I suggest you try to clean it. If that doesn't work... you'll just have to send it to Nintendo. Slanted Mouth

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Jun 4, 2004 18:19]

[Editted by msanis on Jun 4, 2004 18:20]
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 4, 2004 18:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If you're sure it's the reader, you may be able to repair it yourself, if you can find a replacement part(s) and trust yourself ripping into it. I once repaired a friend's PlayStation by taking the reader from another PlayStation that had other problems. Of course, by going in yourself you're voiding your warranty, but it's cheaper to do repairs yourself anyway.

The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same, so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy. The tuxedo is a wedding safety device, created by women because they know that men are undependable. So in case the groom chickens out, everybody just takes one step over, and she marries the next guy
Camo

Member #5

Jun 5, 2004 4:55
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

HAHAHA, sucked in! Well I suggest going and buying a new one, they only cost like a 100 down this way, so it must be cheap in the states. Man what must you have done? Like I keep my gamecube in my school bag for parties and stuff and my open button is stuck in (so like its always open in my bag and what not) and I've never had that problem. Maybe someone was smoking near it? Cig ash can be very deadly and get right into the little begger, like through the fan and what not.
Ice

Member #46

Jun 6, 2004 15:17

Actually, cleaning the lense would be the only thing I can think of that I've nto tried. All the other s*** mentioned I have tried. And no, I've got no clue how it happened. The GC is completely stationary, sits right next to the TV and only gets moved when transporting to and from grandparents' house. But it stopped working at a time which it hadn't been moved at all recently.

I suppose I can try cleaning the lens, and if that's it, then I'll eat my own s***. In fact, I'll * fabricates a s*** * just in case that fixes it. *mutters*

[edit]:
  Wow. Someone else post in here, specifically so I can eat my own s***. Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious y'alls. And now I can hunt down my brother and tell him if he ever touches my lens again then I'm going to murder him in his sleep. However, about a month ago, the 'rents bought a "family gamecube" so now this one will reside in my room. Score^2!

[Editted by Ice on Jun 6, 2004 15:29]
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 6, 2004 18:46

Hahaha, take it to your grandparents, well luckily my grandparents are the hip oldies they are I'm either playing there SUPER NINTENDO or drinking with my grampa, that or making a fine homebrew!
Ice

Member #46

Jun 7, 2004 13:26

Yes, yes, laugh at my family's habits. We only took it over a few times when my brother was spending the night and didn't want to be bored the whole time.

Oh yes.

* eats the s*** *

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 24:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022