Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 15:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: What happened to the AD&D Stuff?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ryuujin

Member #11

May 21, 2004 14:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just sort of shambled past looking for the AD&D stuff I remember Kero writing ages back and the links vanishes? - So er, what's the story?

I was gonna have a quick glance through see if they'd be worth using...

Oh er, yeah... *thinks* - yeah last time I was here I'd never played D&D before... wow that was ages back. (And I can now see why Kero always got so peevish whenever people called games like "Final Fantasy" and RPG - because they're, well, not rally RPG's at all)

Anyway, hey all, nice to see you, I'm not dead, er... cya ^_^

Theres a long gap between staring at the sun, and creating a hydrogen bomb;
In the duration between them you'll just go blind.

msanis

Member #7

May 21, 2004 16:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whoa! I remember you... sort of!!! If I remember correctly you mysteriously vanished quite a while ago, and had pretty much not been since until well... now. Well... nice to see you again. As you may or may not have noticed (probably did); there have been a few changes around here. I wouldn't say anything particularly THAT major, but you should be quite pleased with them nonetheless. Wink

I'm not sure if you've noticed it yet, but I recommend you try out END, as well as try out some of those pretty new forum thingies (not even I know alot of them). Evil Grin

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

May 21, 2004 22:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whoa! The Ryuujin himself. I greet you with the new smiley of ultimacy.

The AD&D stuff ain't gone; like the Poliwhirl Shrine, I could never get rid of it, but I can move it out of the side bar. Now, it resides in the Stuff area where all un-updated pages go. I am keeping the AD&D Story Book around forever, even if I never find a new adventuring party to make further updates to it. I do not know how useful it will be to you, however. It was meant for DMs to run a similar adventure to the campaign I had, but without anything beyond two chapters, it would not be of much help even to the Dungeon Master.

So how long have you been away this time? One year? Two? I do not recall seeing you since I even started work on An Endless Night's Dream, and that was April of last year Boggle Quite some time.... sad, really.
  It may have been even longer than that, actually. Zedd (a forum member) was all talking about making the Ryu for BD... and that has been a long time passed.

So what's up? Still in Spain, or were you outta there last time you dropped by? In any case, we must have a blood ritual for your return, and since there is no one else around... * uses the technique Cutthroat on msanis *
Sword
Ryuujin

Member #11

May 22, 2004 7:33

*Acepts the blood sacrfice in a large cup - takes a drink from it, and wipes his face leaving a long red smear over one side*

Weeeellllll, still stuck out in Spain with no friggen phoneline... I've been out here for 2 years now, and still no phones despite the fact they were promised to be installed 1 year and 8 months ago.

*Clicks the endless nights dream link since he hadn't noticed it before*

Guess it'd be a about one and a half years since I last stuck my head in here? - Except maybe a one of visit somehwere in the middle. I suppose the site looks a little fresher... still the same old basic design though at heart Tongue

Mostly I've been hanging about the Neverwinter Nights community (Dungeons and Dragons online sort of), and gotten pretty good recognition as a modeller there... I mean heck, the last two models I've done were *on commision*, and my freebie models were published on this months issue of PC Format (Woot!) ... which someone ELSE sold to them (I'm VERY tempted to kick their ass for compensation, I'd win the case because no matter what they say, I especially coded my models and textures to have an identifying header that cannot easiy be removed).

So um... hows everything been going here? - Did Anaconda ever complete his RPG dreaming? (Last time I checked I think he'd called off "Spiral Island", how long was THAT going for?)

Just on the off chance you've gotten up to date I'm on MSN @ Ryuujin_0@Yahoo.co.uk

Oh and [Blatent Plug] my homepage is (as always) on http://www.geocities.com/ryuujin_0/ where I keep all the latest modelling stuff on there... I think my homepage has had about 5 or 6 revamps in the last 3 years and RE has hardly changed at all Tongue

Sword
msanis

Member #7

May 22, 2004 13:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*uses technique restore to bring himself back to life*

...meh, I know as well as you do that that did NOT work. Stupid commands that I lack understandingness of! So I suppose I'll just remain a floating head for now...

Anyway... you went to Spain? That sounds really cool... I actually MIGHT be visiting there in some crazy class trip in the... distant future. As for D&D all I have to say is "meh". I can't really say i've been a big fan of that; but hey, we all have our hobbies. I'm a bit surprised you'd return after being gone for a good year-and-a-half; I doubt even I would. Boggle

'twas a mistake to come back though; cause now Minty has you back in his clutches... Evil Grin

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 22, 2004 14:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whoa, 'tis the Ryuu himself. 'Thas been some time... (is "'thas" even one? ah, whadda I care) * honors the mighty dragon with stupid face!

So, you've been RPing it up the RP-hole? Sounds pretty cool, 'specially all that modelling stuff. Kicker thert ger's boot sumthin' gud!

Anyhoo, in asking about game completion, as far as I know, NO ONE who has ever promised to make a game has ever gotten it completed (especially me!) with obvious exception of Ems here. Er, that's Mint Man. Were you around when he got that nickname?

In fact, I think Anaconda made with the vanishing act just like you there... and at least one-hundred of the "alleged" forum members. Oy Dead

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

May 22, 2004 14:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, the return of a seemingly-lost forum member!! I vaguely remember you. I think you vanished around the same time I actually started visiting the forums regularly.

(After revisiting the RE League forums)Woah, I didn't realize how many posts I started back in the last few months of 2002. I guess I started posting earlier than I thought. At least I never had much of the "How do I sign up for the RE League?" posts.

Simpsons Quote of the Week-

"Hey, a switchblade. I see the switch, but where's the blade?" ~Homer Simpson
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

May 23, 2004 2:24
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm still doing the Ryu... I lost my scanner for a while (months, actually), so I couldn't upload anything... So I didn't draw anything either. I should really finish that off...

sorry about the rather off-topic post...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

[Editted by Zedd on May 23, 2004 2:30]
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

May 25, 2004 18:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Off-topic? You were mentioned in this post and replied to that mention. There's nothing off-topic about that my friend.

Simpsons Quote of the Week-

"What genius put a prison in the middle of an island?" ~Homer Simpson
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 25, 2004 20:45

Nyahaha. I was checkin' out your site, Ryu-ryu, and that's some pretty neato stuff. Hats off, and all. 'Specially that anime cat girl skin deal. However, there's something that more particularly caught my attention. Your Beast Master Kit/Deal.

The reason it's so interesting is because that exact thing, with using magical "binding crystals" to capture monsters for later use, was actaually in one of Ems' AD&D campaigns years ago! We had a barrel of fun pitting our Fire Beetles against a Fire Toad... and losing badly Crying
Sword
msanis

Member #7

May 25, 2004 21:50

Erm...

Actually you can't say everyone has given up on games they said they'd finish. For one; I haven't stopped the creation of that wierd game I said I was making about a year ago. I have been heavily preoccupied with school, but I do occasionally work on it. I plan to start going at an increased pace again during the summer. I still probably wont have it done for quite a while though. It is coming along though; nonetheless. So I MIGHT just be the person to break that evil curse upon upcoming games mentioned in these forums... Boggle

[Editted by msanis on May 28, 2004 23:12]

[Editted by msanis on May 28, 2004 23:12]
Sword
writer77

Member #4

May 26, 2004 12:05

I never really mentioned working on a game in the forums, I think, but I have made a few, actually. None of them are completely finished or anything, but they're playable, at least. The only thing missing from the main ones is levels, which I may or may not ever finish.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
msanis

Member #7

May 28, 2004 23:10

Well... I was creating the game with some other code, but perhaps i'll transfer it to C++ format for quicker loading times. Then again; I am JUST getting into object-oriented coding... with all the pretty classes and structures and... stuff. I plan to learn Java some time soon; as that is also an object-oriented language (which everyone pretty much knows anyway...).

I wouldn't expect my game to be finished anytime soon... ESPECIALLY if I rewrite it in C++ format. This would pretty much be my first attempt at a serious game though; so rest assured, it will suck. Wink

Ryuujin

Member #11

Jun 2, 2004 13:44

You must mean my real homepage, I just realsied my current homepage link is WWAAAYYY out of date, that project closed down over 2 years ago (Funny they're still updating).

If you thought the stuff on my Geocities site was neat you should see what's in the pipeline. The module I'm making some of those models for has attracted so much attention that the company that makes NWN (Bioware) is even going to advertise the modules release on their main website.

But yeah, for the most part most projects people run never get finished... there a quote Kero made ages back on that topic that even features at the head of one of my model's readme files (All my model's readme files have a funny random quote at the beginning).

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 15:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022