Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 7:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: End of classes!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Ash10

Member #3

May 22, 2004 8:11
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"Magnet School" are schools with special programs that are ment for advancement beyond the basic high school education in one area, or in many areas. In my magent, its computers and math, so I am taking Pre-Calc in 9th grade, and take JAVA programming in 9th.

Memeber of Derelict Studios
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 22, 2004 14:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is... is that a Burger King Crown? Too cool.

Oh, so that's what that magnet schooling is. And here I thought it was a school for or about magnets.
  ... Flat Mouth
  That was sarcasm. Yes, "sarcasm". How could a semi-pseudo-genius make such a blaring err? Shifty Eyes It escapes me.

But, yeah, wow. Those magno-schoolings sure sound like something. Even tho', ya know, that it prepares you for a college education in a particular major and, what is it, over half of all college students change their major? Yep. Sure is something. Why throw away only a few years of your life, am I right? Tongue

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Sword
Ash10

Member #3

May 23, 2004 21:28
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why waste years of my life? Cause I got plenty more! Woohoo!

Well, really, I plan on doing that for my life, always have. I am just very into doing stuff with computers, and it seems like a perfect path. Course, most things that seem like that probably end up being hell, but hey, let me enjoy my time!

* plants a virtual SmartPeopleFood tree *

Memeber of Derelict Studios
Sword
Ice

Member #46

May 23, 2004 23:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also, yes, it is a burger king crown.

On a side note, you all know you liked the lizard and frog bowtie.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

May 24, 2004 24:01
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, for me, I just have to bear one more year of high school before I head out into the world in college. Meh, I do have an unrelated question, though. In general, which is better for programming video games: assembly language, or OOP? Some of the folks at grc.com absolutely HATE C++, saying that it's a bloated language. But then again, I hear from the video game community that assembly language is a dinosaur language. What do you guys think? Ease of programming(C++) vs. file size and speed (assembly)?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 24, 2004 24:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, no rational person codes an entire program in straight assembly. That would be ludacrous.

If anything, you would code a different high-level language other than C to generate more game-efficient assembly code, but assembly... Dead I would hate seeing anything beyond a text program hand-made in that stuff.

You should wanna stick with C, tho'. It is very powerful in the right hands, and very easy for gaming if you get virtual subclassing and all that down.
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

May 24, 2004 20:16
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, I know this guy in www.grc.com who does. He makes this hard drive data recovery program called Spinrite 6.0 in pure assembly language. How he managed to get the time to actually do that is beyond me, though. If I recall correctly, he said it took six months for him to create that program. Heck, I even beta tested his program. So far, it runs extremely quick on my monster 120 GB hard drive. But anyway, to me, C and Javascript look much more logical than straight assembly (even though those languages themselves take a bit of time to learn).

I guess I'm gonna have to hit the books and use my GNU-licensed C++ development package DJGPP to start making programs. Anyone have any better suggestions for other development packages for C or C++?

EDIT: Changed the spelling of one of the verbs, since they didn't agree in number (I know, I'm a stickler for English grammar, but wait until you see me with math *shudders*).

[Editted by Lugia7777 on May 24, 2004 20:23]
Sword
Ice

Member #46

May 30, 2004 13:26
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For development packages, I'd say the two that I've used (Borland C++ Builder and Microsoft .net package) both seem to be fairly simple to get a basic grasp of while still being extremely powerful if you need it.

Thinking about that though, unless you are a bittorrent man, both of these are probably way too expensive. I really like being spoiled by having a programmer for a parent. =D

Sword
Ishamael

Member #142

Jun 9, 2004 24:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Does anyone know where I can download a C/C++ compiler and/or a Java compiler. I've looked, even had a couple reccommended (JavaSun's compiler, and GCC), but I can't even find their download links due to extraordinarily poorly formatted websites

Why is it that the more popular an organization is, the crappier its website becomes?

When summer comes, the gym will become better, as will my understanding of JavaScript. Dumb school taking up all my time since March. Gym is about 5% complete.

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 9, 2004 12:03

What are you talking about? I was just at Sun's site earlier this year, and isn't it still plastered in links to download their compilers?

You are aware that they call the "compilers" SDK, which stands for Software Development Kits, containing the compiler and a whole lot more. That might make your search a bit easier.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 9, 2004 12:55

Woohoo! One day left then I am free as a _____ in a _____!
  I can stay up all night beating final fantasy 9! I can stay up and work on my website! I can stay up and post to EVERY SINGLE THREAD EVER ON THIS SITE! MWA HA HA HA HA HA! ok, maybe not the last part, even I have more of a life than that.
  * picks a virtual SmartPeopleFood and eats it *

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Jun 14, 2004 12:20

* picks a virtual SmartPeopleFood *

Wow, people are still not out of school yet? That's pretty messed up, man. I do, of course, realize that that post is about a week old, but still... Crickey.

Yeah, good luck with that. I, meanwhile, have been spending my summer with my new girlfriend... Heh, yeah, that's always nice...

*cough* I'm gonna be leaving now. This post was mostly me checking up on my FtRPG tokens and stuff. Blank really does take a while to learn, too. 'Tis been a month and I've still not learned it yet. I suppose actually posting or viewing pages might be a step in the right direction, though.

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 14, 2004 15:30

You fool! Blank emulates any other token you have previously learned; as of such, it requires five times longer to learn than a regular token! Still, it can beat out having to class change a bunch to get a far away token. At any rate, it is something you are supposed to wait to learn.

See, it normally takes about ten days to learn a token plus the modifications. Blank takes fifty. You have to consider how many tokens and techs you already own into that equation plus how active you have been in the forums. Gobbo is still learning it, too, and it has been a funny while Big Smile
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 14, 2004 17:39

WOT? Ten days? That would however explain why it has been taking so long with my weekend break from the web...
  but yes, during grad rehersal I got someone up there that said(literally):I am sad to see you all here.
  Kinda funny, maybe it is just me.
  Why not have rehersal and distribution of the caps and gowns on the same day? No one knows why not, only that it doesn't happen.
  And what is with having the gradutation at 10:00am? You are supposed to sleep in til some afternoon hour, gradutate, then go to the after party. Duh.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 14, 2004 20:08

Out of school? Girlfriend? * uses the technique CycloneSlash on Ice for many of reasons! *
  You arb! Why are you even wasting time here if you have free-time and a GF? Sooo angry! Angry

Oh well, you went to learn Blank! Laughing Hah hah! Loser! You as stupid as me am. ... awww...

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 14, 2004 22:21

Ahhh, he has a girlfriend and spare time, so obviously she is a good girlfriend that stays away till certain favors are needed.
  Does she cook good? Keep your clothes clean good?
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 15, 2004 14:59

why can't the guy do that stuff for the girl?* uses the technique Guard *

Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 15, 2004 19:25

Cause its a womans job.
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 15, 2004 20:10

Oh Camo, you sexist pig. That's the shortest non-spam, and possibly spam post I've seen from you. I would delete it, but then SSS and any unknown femalies on the forum wouldn't have such a great opportunity to flame you. Yep, it's open season on all Camos at in General.
  * uses the technique Aero-lance on Camo for bigotry *
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 15, 2004 20:46

Female members? I dun think we have much of those anymore save 3S, nowadays.

And... would a woman even trust a guy to do any cooking or cleaning. 'Cuz, I must say, my efforts at food preparation and cleaningisms get poor reviews from me ma.

* Since he technically asked for it, uses the technique Blast on boyachi to make use of his Guard * Tongue
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 20, 2024 7:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022