Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 19:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Gamefaqs Best Game Contest

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Kal

Member #127

Jun 11, 2004 5:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know, the only thing I liked about IX was that every character was completely different...

That's the only thing though.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

[Editted by Kal on Jun 11, 2004 5:31]
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 12, 2004 19:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm, well I think IX was my least favorite FF of all time. I mean the characters sucked. It pissed me off, but still a good game. The best RPG Ive ever played would be Lunar 2 for PSX. That was a sweet game.....
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 13, 2004 2:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How do you people rate FFCC as a FF game? I think it was rather terrible and not really into other games of the series.
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jun 13, 2004 6:43
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 5, 2004 7:27, Kal said:

5) Exploring the pshyche of main character. How many other games did this on such a scale and in such detail?

Well, I haven't played 7, but I'd venture an educated guess as Xenogears!
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 14, 2004 10:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* In wrath, uses the technique CycloneSlash on VinnyD for not liking the cast of 9 *
  How could you not like them? The sole loser in the group was the main character, Zidane, and that's just because he looked like such a girl. An ugly girl at that, too. I mean, that was probably one of the greatest casts I've ever seen. Everyone was so freaky it ruled. The only thing I'd say that kept IX from being higher up on the FF ranking list is the fact that it was soooooo short.
  ... Quina rules! So did that rat chick. Power to Dragoons!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 14, 2004 17:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ya know, I remember thinking that Zidane was a girl at first as well. Freya was interesting because...she was the only one who didn't have something wrong with her.
  Zidane=already mentioned
  Eiko=six yr old wanting love for someone almost thrice her age
  Vivi=obsessed with when he will die
  Amarant=loner
  Quina=one cool freak that will eat anything
  Garnet/Dagger/Sarah=LOW self esteem
  Steiner=mindless ant attitude
  But still, what a great quote from Zidane: "you don't need a reason to help others"

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 14, 2004 19:51
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ow. I was mainly referencing to Zidane, I liked a few others, I can't remember their names cept for Vivi and, thats it...
  My favorite from the series is 8, mainly since I've never played that much of 7. I remember important parts, but I never really finished it, or began it. Oh well.
  On another note, Retribution will be mine!
  * uses the technique Aero-lance on MadGoblin for contradicting the word of D *

Aero-Swashbuckler
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 15, 2004 10:23

Okay, you are pretty mussered up about your views of Nine. Yes, Zidane did look like a chick, but Kuja was the big problem. You thought he was a chick chick at first, and then he still stayed all half-nekkid throughout the game until he became a giant, flaming chicken. Not cool, unlike the very thing you complained about Eiko for.... problems!

Quina rocked hard, Amarant was one of the pimping-est pimps ever, and Freya had the big problem of only being hot in hentai... not that I know or anything. It was so cool how in FFIX, they did not need excuses to make people freaks; they simply were.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 15, 2004 15:04

BUT...Kuja was a npc. So he really didn't count, now sephiroth counts, because he was on your side, for a time, thus I should have included Beatrix, who just wanted to be respected. That and she has one sweet theme song. Seriously, there is no hidden meaning, her theme rocks, in a classical kinda way.
  As for Freya...no comment. but I will help you on your unfullfilled quest...maybe.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.85%complete
Sword
Kal

Member #127

Jun 27, 2004 8:56

IX sucked hemaroids. Were you people playing the same game? It was so boring! Granted, the battles were pretty decent but Freya was not cool, she sucked, as did Garnet. I despise Eiko with a passion! Amarant was a pimp, as was Quina so they were cool. Vivi was ok but only because I was glad to see the black mage return. Zidane was the worst main character ever bar none! Steiner was annoying outside battle.

The places were not memorable, the musical score was abismal, the storyline became a black hole of pointlessness, the final boss had nothing to do with the game, the main bad guy was a chicken, Cleyra (need I say more?)...

I hate 9. They were trying to show off but got above themselves. They just couldn't follow up the previous FFs. Even 8 was better than it and that had the worst cast of characters in any FF. Agh!

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 28, 2004 2:39
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What's this? Topic necromancy for the sole purpose of bashing FFIX? Attack!!! D'oh Crap, I hit post reply instead of Add RP Command. Oh well... *Tries to blast Kal, but ends up tripping and falling flat on his face.* Seriously, though, what did you hate about the soundtrack and characters? Granted, the overworld theme could have used a little work, but the music was still at least par with the other Final Fantasies. And the plot wasn't that bad either...

[Editted by Lunar_Mage on Jun 28, 2004 2:47]
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 28, 2004 4:46
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

While we're on the subject of FF, what do you guys think about FFX or FFX2? Just wondering. Personally, I think it's ok, but not as good as FFVII. FFVII just plain rocks in my eyes. * fabricates a Vespa *

*drives off*
Sword
Kal

Member #127

Jun 28, 2004 10:16

Eiko made me want to chew off my fist in anger. She annoyed me so much that it hurt to play when she was on screen. I can not remember a single piece of music from IX whereas I could hum the entire VII soundtrack from memory in order from start to finish. I can even recall some of the others but not one track from IX was worth my listening time.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 28, 2004 12:05

* uses the technique Break on Kal where Lunar Mage failed * Okay, it rocks that you also liked Blue McRed Hair and the Blob of Questionable Gender, but where do you get off saying some of that other stuff?

Zidane was one of the best main characters ever; his only downfall was dressing like a female pirate.
  Yes, you do have a point about the end, but then again, every Final Fantasy does that. Why the crap did Sephiroth have a triple-form with a little thing perched up high and a big ball down below? Nobody knows! Why was the entire final battle of FFX just a slightly interactive ending sequence? Nobody knows! And what the frick was the deal with Necron? Still, nobody knows! That is a classic trait of FF, not a downfall.

And what exactly was wrong with the cast of XIII? What, they were all human? Oh, I'm sorry. Let me just refer you to any of the original FFs and see how different they are.
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 28, 2004 13:06

To answer your question, Lugia7777, FFX and FFX2 are currently my favorite games. That may change when I get through FF7, though.

And I still don't see what you have against the characters, Kal.* uses the technique Blast on Kal with all his might *

[Editted by Lunar_Mage on Jun 28, 2004 13:07]
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Jun 28, 2004 13:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Speaking of FF final boss battles, wasn't the one from FFV a giant tree? And didn't he have the stupidest name of any boss?

Ex-Death. Now that was... just sad.

Anyhow, I thought FFIX was probably the best one out of the PS Final Fantasys. The old-school feel and several references to some of the old FFs just made it so much cooler. And plus, Vivi is one of the best FF characters ever. He's all innocent, then BAM! He waves his arms and destroys and entire army of enemies with his mighty magical prowess.

Anyhow, this is my opinion:
  FFX: Good
  FFX-2: Not so good

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 29, 2004 24:07

Wait Final Fantasy XIII? 13? What? Did I miss something or was that just a fabrication to make a point?
  Anyway, does anyone remember the first boss in Kirby? The giant tree?
  Now, I will not say that I could not tell you the entire story of Final Fantasy seven with the music(but I would get caught up somewhere around bone village with the BGM) but you CANNOT deny the serious sweetness Beatrix's theme. The stage fight song was cool as well as the little remix of the main theme played once you get out of Ipsen's castle. Burmecia's BGM wasn't half bad.
  Now, um...what does Cleyra have to do with anything?
  And um...Kuja...a chicken...what game have you been playing? Unless something DRASTIC happens in the last disk(since I haven't gotten there yet)and he cross dresses to appease the final boss, then I have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
  Sidemark, where were Wedge and Biggs in FF9?
  Also FFX's final 'boss' battle was the worst example you could give. It even gets made fun of in X-2. As it should.
  As for FFX: MY MEM CARD IS GONE!!!! MY 120 HOURS OF PERFECTING THE CHARACTERS, BLITZBALL AND WEAPONS, ALL GONE! NOOOOOOOOOO!
  *wipes away tears of life now truly wasted*
  So yes, I enjoyed FFX
  FFX-2, its at least as good as FFX. With its Den of 'WOW!'(note:already explained this one in a previous post in another thread)
  Plus, when you get the ultra dresspheres, especially with Paine, you can see...really GOOD GRAPHICS!
   ***SPOILER***
  Speaking of which, I, one that strictly rates computer graphics, and still found things wrong with the third Harry Potter movie(yet know nothing else has a prayer of getting the Academy award for special effects) still thought it was SSOOOOOOOO cool when Alexander blew up Bahamut. Cool to the tenth extreme.
   ***END SPOILER***
  So yes, I think I hit everything I wanted to here.
  Buh-bye!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 18, 2024 19:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022