Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 13:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Gamefaqs Best Game Contest

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
VinnyD

Member #9

May 31, 2004 15:16
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here's the ending:
  Mario 3's gonna kick ass of Zelda 1, because very few people voting on that will have played it, and even most of the ones who did are just zelda fans in general. Everybody's played Mario 3 on the other hand.

Link to the past destroys CT. Now I love CT, but it has no chance against LTTP, one of the greatest of all time. If I was asked (which I wasn't) in this division Super Metroid would win and might have gone all the way, but I'm bitter cause it didnt.

FFVII vs Zelda:OOT is the hardest one to decide, becaus they're both great, they're both incredibly popular. OOT was probably more popular, yet FFVII has weathered time better. Simply put this division will probably win, whichever one goes on.

SSBM while not that good, will stomp Starcraft. Period.

Not sure of LTTP vs M3, but it wont matter, cause either FFVII or Zelda OOT will win it all. We both know it...

Plus OH NOEZ, ITS A TRAP!!
  * sets a secret Trap *
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

May 31, 2004 16:38
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

CT won't be beat in my opinion. It has far too much popularity to be beaten by Zelda:LTTP. OOT, however, might have a chance. * his curiosity getting the best of him, uses the technique Blast on VinnyD in hopes of triggering the trap *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

May 31, 2004 22:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I stand by my opinion entirely that the first super smash was much better than the first. I could whip any of y'all arses, unless of course Overson goes here...what a legend he was at that game.
  Anyway,SSBM will fall, and in the end...I must leave due to noxious fumes....
  * uses the technique Guard *

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.80%complete
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 1, 2004 12:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

At the time I checked, there was a 6 vote difference between Chrono Trigger and LoZ:LttP, with CT leading. Vote for Chrono Trigger! It will need it in such a close race...
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 1, 2004 16:11
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Damn you fool! I am not sure how to trigger a trap, I just know who I set it for, and it wasn't you. Wow, that is a close margin between CT and LTTP. I voted for CT cause its more to my tastes, but LTTP is about 100 votes ahead.

In the name of useless RP's!
  * sets a secret Trap *
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 1, 2004 20:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Trap

If combined in a technique, the technique will be triggered when the trapped member is targeted by an action. The trap will act as though the individual trapped were using the technique; offensive portions will effect the acter while defensive portions will effect the originally trapped target. If not combined, the next tech used will be trapped.

Straight from the FAQ (yeesh, as much as Minty complains about it, you'd think people would start consulting them when they had questions) that is how a trap works. If I'm reading it correctly, it really isn't going to hurt the person you're trapping as much as it will you. And just so that all future questions may be immediately answered, * plants a virtual faq tree *

Simpsons Quote of the Week-

"I'm a Rage-oholic. I'm addicted to Rage-ohol" ~Homer Simpson

"I'm a great quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. I was raised to give up." ~George, Seinfeld

[Editted by Battalon127 on Jun 1, 2004 20:21]
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 1, 2004 23:04

Oh...
  well erhm...
  Anyway now that I just got schooled by someone with less experience, I am mad. But that doesn't matter cause I didn't knw he set up the faq, oh well. I guess I will try to trap these people then....wait does that mean their next action or mine?

Let us see hehehe.
  * uses the technique Strike on writer77 *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 2, 2004 24:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, what happened is.... that Strike did not exist. Instead, it went into your trap.

See, what people still cannot grasp about FtRPG despite it being out for a while now is that only about ten of the tokens actually do anything; the rest of the them just modify how you do it.

Trap will make an action trigger on someone who acts upon an individual who has been trapped; there must be a token or technique in association with that trap for anything to happen. If a trap token alone is used, nothing will happen until the setter feeds it a technique on the next round. Half of the tokens work like that, actually. Problem is, it still required a target Boggle That ain't right.
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 2, 2004 7:06
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On May 31, 2004 22:41, boyachi said:

I stand by my opinion entirely that the first super smash was much better than the first.

HAHAHAHA,You rock B-core.
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 2, 2004 11:51

Whether Starcraft or Super Smash Brothers wins, it won't matter, because it will be smashed by Final Fantasy 7 or possibly Zelda:OOT, but I doubt it. Now that Chrono Trigger has beaten LoZ:A Link to the Past, I think that it will all come down to a battle between CT and FF7. I ain't makin a prediction on these two.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 2, 2004 13:56

Thank you, thank you!
  FF7 will smash through everything, and lately, I have questioned my high regard on the game. What makes it so good? Honestly? I don't get it. I still love it, so much that I have an extra FF7 shirt in my drawer in mint condition that will never be worn and will be displayed later in my life, while my other, is considered by myself to be a dress shirt(Even though it attracts stains like nothing else).
  But what makes it so good? Is it the story, I used to think that, but considering how few want to go through stories, that couldn't be it, could it? The music? The graphics have been outdated. Maybe its the mood of the whole thing.
  I am BORED out of my mind right now, so to save you all, I'm going to stop rambling...here.
  * picks a virtual faq *

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.80%complete
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 3, 2004 24:13
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well just think about it, its sorta ridiculously mainstream, in an RPGing sense to say that its the greatest game of all time, its on the original ps and I've found a lot of PS owners arnt that original and generaly all had the same games (well like a bunch of games they all had kinda thing) and Anyone who has liked a FF game and hears FF7 is the best will most likely just agree with it. There is nothing REAL special about Final Fantasy games, they are good, but not great, just mediocre turn based RPGs.
Sword
Ishamael

Member #142

Jun 3, 2004 24:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"There is nothing REAL special about Final Fantasy games, they are good, but not great, just mediocre turn based RPGs."

Umm...FFX was the only Turn Based FF game I've ever seen. Note: I haven't seen FFI, FFII or FFIII (using the Japanese numbering)
  Even so, the vast majority of FF games use the ATB, which isn't real time, but is not turn based. FFX suffers greatly because of its turn based system, as well as the fact that all regular monsters until more or less the end of the game die in ONE HIT because of char specialties. Lame, no?
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 3, 2004 1:24

FFX isn't lame. The plot was great, in my opinion. I thought the turn based system was kinda unique. While it did take some of the challenge out of a good battle, it also gave you time to strategize. The final battles could've been done a lot better. And normal battles did seem kinda easy, especially when, SPOILER:

You could get Yuna's legendary weapon, with abilities one MP, Doublecast, Break Damage Limit, along with Ultima. And that's just Yuna...
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Jun 3, 2004 11:06

How can a game be good and mediocre?

Final Fantasy is mostly good 'cause of the stories, but there are other reasons, too. The levels in most of 'em are designed fairly well. They're never shrouded with difficult puzzles, and there are plenty of treasure chests to find. The systems for learning abilities in FF games is also generally good. It makes mindlessly gaining experience slightly less painful.

Oh, and the turn-based system in FFX was a good move. After six strait games of ATB with no real innovation to the battle system... Well, I like it, anyhow.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 3, 2004 21:19

I don't care how you say it works, if you choose what you want to do through a menu, instead of some intense combat where you have to work on dodging and conserving your health whilst destroying enemies, its turn based in my eye.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 4, 2004 10:21

What the crap do you people have against turn based games? You act like they are the suck or something.

See, I do not know if you are aware of this or not, but RPGs are strategy games. Typically, strategies take time and thus the evolution of the turned based system. It is a revolutionary turned based system, too; no rounds of combat, but in fact just a stepped ATB, which was heaps coolies. I give it a like.

If FF has any problem, it is that it was the greatest to fall prey to the easy virus strain. No, I am not talking about a disease Tifa contracted; I refer rather to the fact that they get easier and easier largely due to overwhelmingly powerful techniques that even rend the ultimate bosses mere puddles o' poo (e.g. Knights of Round).

In general, however, few games are as long, character-developing, involved, and -- in the case of minigames -- not involved as FFs. Rock, rock on!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 4, 2004 13:07

Actually, the monster arena in X and Via Purifico in X-2 are quite challenging. Took me a while to get the tifa thing, I am SOO dead tired right now. (~)_(~)

Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jun 5, 2004 5:03

I think its mainly me thats anti turn based, and its mainly cause of random battles, I mean, you wanna get somewhere and all these anoying enemies appear, and it seems the further and more you wanna get somewhere, the encounters happen more frequent. Also I dont really consider the strategy of choosing to attack or use magic, then using the most powerful magic that strategic, Obviously when you need to use a certain element to do something its alright, but if its on a weak enemy you figure it or just physicle it, and if its on a boss, well the match lasts long enough for you to figure it then use it. One thing thats pretty crazy with magic and elements and stuff is when you use a FO on PSO ep2 and you gotta use different elements on different enemies, and that can actually be a little strategic figuring what you need in your custom then changing it around and what not, a good real time RPG will always be much better then a good turn based. I like turn based too, but not often. I like pokemon but thats more for making ultimate monsters then the actual gaming and stuff Tongue
Sword
Kal

Member #127

Jun 5, 2004 7:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

FF7 pros:

1) The haircut
  2) The absorbing nature and amazing complexity of the plot
  3) The best villain of all time bar none Tongue
  4) Bugenhagen
  5) Exploring the pshyche of main character. How many other games did this on such a scale and in such detail?
  6) The whole cast of characters were superb
  7) The music. Aside from Lemmings, what other games do you have that you can hum the entire soundtrack from memory?
  8) The graphics. Yes, they are outdated now but they look so much better than VIII's field graphics where everyone looks like matchsticks. The FFVII graphics are just so cute!
  9) The humour. So far, two games have made me laugh out loud. The first: Parapa the Rapper, the second: Final Fantasy VII.

Cons:

1) Tifa didn't contract a virus.

Weigh them up. It makes sense. The question we should be asking is why would we ever doubt such a perfect game? Shame on you all Tongue

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 24, 2024 13:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022