Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 8:25 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Gamefaqs Best Game Contest

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

May 17, 2004 1:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just saw the current results for the vote between Final Fantasy Tactics and Metal Gear Solid on the gamefaqs.com Best Video Game contest. The results were: FFT with 38,887 votes, and MGS with 38,861 votes. That's a difference of 26 votes! Talk about close! Have any of you ever seen another vote this close? Also, what game in the contest do you think will win?
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 17, 2004 7:51
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That can be summed up in 4 words: Chrono Trigger owns all.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

May 17, 2004 12:34

Yeah, Chrono Trigger will pretty much stomp anything in its way, except for maybe one of the Final Fantasies, like seven. I think that alone might have a chance. I also checked back, and it seems that MGS got the few votes needed to beat FFT. Crying
msanis

Member #7

May 17, 2004 17:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually I believe CT was beaten by some Final Fantasy game... and if I remember correctly; it wasn't even one of the better Final Fantasy games. Those who played CT know that CT is one of the most influential Rpgs in existance. Clearly; the Final Fantasy name holds so much reverence that most games cannot compete with it.

Chrono Trigger... the best classic of 'em all. Big Smile

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
writer77

Member #4

May 17, 2004 21:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm lookin' at it right now, and Chrono Trigger's still up there. I think CT will pretty well sweep the D16. Super Mario Bros. 3 will probably do the same for D8. It'll probably be between FF7 and Ocarina of Time for the next one. The next one's pretty tough, but I'd go with Wind Waker.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 18, 2004 1:18

No, Chrono Trigger is still in the running.

It's next round is again Mario World, and then, of course with the winner of Zelda: LTTP and FFIII, since CT will sweep Mario! My auto-voting bot says so. >_>(Yeah,I WISH I had one.)
Camo

Member #5

May 18, 2004 2:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I dunno whats classed as a classic, but I'd have to say the best games are Super Mario World, Bomberman 3 and Street Fighter 2 (I dunno which is the best, they all rock, probobly 2 turbo or new challengers).
msanis

Member #7

May 18, 2004 17:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm... oh. It must have been some contest on some other website then. Good to hear CT is still up in the running. Wink

...As for the definition of "classic" games... well... there are a few. If you look at it strictly; then only the games from 1990 and under are classics, but if you look at it loosely all games under the most recent consoles can be considered "classic". Now that I think about it; alot of the games I played could be considered classics... wierd...

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Camo

Member #5

May 18, 2004 19:24
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think if a game is just incredibly good and you never forget it, then one day you see it and go "awww... That game rocks" its a classic, if not it will be soon. lol. I still got the s***s I havn't seen a new powerstone game yet, they will probobly make one in 20 years or something.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 25, 2004 23:18

Go vote for Chrono Trigger!
  It's up against Super Mario World...
Camo

Member #5

May 26, 2004 4:27

Mario World all the way, best Mario, 2D platformer game ever!
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 26, 2004 10:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Say whaaa? You crazy, Camo? SMW was not the best. I mean, numba 2 was the bestest hands down, and I think #3 was better than world, really, even ways. Raccoon > Cape any day o' the week! But Frog be the betterest!

However, ChronoTrigger deserves the win. That game pwns SMB with a parasol of awesome!

Just assume that means something...
Camo

Member #5

May 27, 2004 8:22

Man, Mario World f***en rocks, its just so mad all the multiple was to complete levels. Mario 2 was f***en terrible and 3 was like a prototype of world, 3 was alright, but no matter what suit you have, Purple Yoshi kicked all their arses!
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 27, 2004 9:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Bad-mouthin' Two?!?!
  * uses the technique CycloneSlash on Camo *

But, Purple Yoshi? Que? I remember the base Green one, the Red one that shot fire balls, the Yellow one that stomped sand clouds, and the Blue one that could fly, but never heard of a Purple Yoshi before.

Does the colour need adjuested on yer set there, Cameoeo? Or, is the fault in too much alcohol... or not enough!?!
Sword
Camo

Member #5

May 30, 2004 7:57

might be different on NTSC to PAL, but the purple one was sometimes called blue, it wasn't a bright or pinky purple, but it wasn't a blue, it was like a fadded purple.

Yeah... *Takes another swig of random flask that seems to taste like metho and cough medicine*
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 30, 2004 15:35

Well, well, well! Chrono Trigger has bested SMW!

As soon as SSBM finished FFX, the brackets will be:
  Mario 3 vs. Zelda I
  C.Trigger vs. Zelda: LTTP
  FFVII vs. Zelda: OOT
  Starcraft vs. SSBM(It's leading now, and I'm sure it will stay so)

As good as LTTP is, it shall soon go the way of Wind Waker and be defeated! Go Chrono Trigger!

Sword
Camo

Member #5

May 31, 2004 6:55

Smash Bros Melee aint that great, pretty much just feels like a remake of the original, the original was awesome but I played it way too much and yeah, melee didn't seem that great. Of course between playing the original and the new one I started playing Powerstone, and dont get me started on that :P. This best games of all time thing seems pretty terrible, like its not really BEST game of all time, more most popular game of all time.
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

May 31, 2004 12:46

Rats. FFX was defeated by SSBM. D'oh While they're both awesome, FFX is moreso. On to other news, Legend of Zelda is currently being stomped by SMB 3! Boggle Did anyone expect that?

[Editted by Lunar_Mage on May 31, 2004 12:48]
Sword
Kal

Member #127

May 31, 2004 13:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

One word: finalfantasyvii

If it doesn't win I'll cry all summer. No I mean it, how could it not be the greatest game ever?

I think it's unfair that tactics was beaten as well, the game never came out in the UK (maybe not even the whole of Europe) so it lost out on at least a few hundred votes there. Technically, it should have beat MGS1.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

[Editted by Kal on May 31, 2004 13:38]
Sword
writer77

Member #4

May 31, 2004 14:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eh, I wouldn't be all that surprised if FFVII don't win. I mean, if it was the hands down best RPG on the list, it would be one thing, but Chrono Trigger's there, too. It's in my opinion that CT is much, much better than FF7, but since the people that actually vote are those that matter, we'll just have to wait and see.

And of course SMB3 is beatin' Zelda. It really is better, and it's withstood the test of time much more than the original Zelda. The new Zeldas (SNES and up) all blow away the old-school ones, but Mario Bros. 3 still stands up to the newies with style, grace, and a frog suit.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 25, 2024 8:25 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022