Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 2:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Well, we must know!!! Who are they??!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
VinnyD

Member #9

May 15, 2004 16:49
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I see the update there, so it must have happened sometime today or real late last night. Who are these new forum mods? I mean, I know it isn't me because I don't see anything new, or am I missing something??!! But that aside, other than the obvious choice of MadGoblin, which people are the mods. Writer? Cheetaurius?? Camo?!?!?!?!?!? (No...it couldn't be.)

EDIT!!!!: WOOT!!! On a hunch, I edited one of LT E's posts, and it worked. Teh ultimate woot! I guess I am an official mod. I want to thank everyone who made this possible, ummm.. my trainer, the guys in my socom clan i!, the team, Camo, and Minty. We did it!!! Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Edit
  [Editted by VinnyD on May 15, 2004 16:55]

[Editted by writer77 on May 15, 2004 21:31]
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 15, 2004 18:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is it really that obvious that I'd be an Mod? ...
  Yes. Yes it is.

Yeah, the chosen people, tho', only have power over certain corners of REF. I got the waste bucket of BD, mainly. Fun. Now I have the power to delete "Chalenge m y egg OMG WTF !!!11111111" topics myself instead of trying to remember what Ems' password is. I don't feel special at all. In fact, I feel sorta

By the gods, that is the greatest emoticon ever!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

writer77

Member #4

May 15, 2004 21:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hee hee.

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

So we can only mess with posts in certain boards? I didn't hack Ds post too bad, but I wanted to see if I could. A few questions about this stuff:

What exactly can we do? Does it depend on who we are? I mean, can we all delete and edit posts, or what?

Can the person go back and edit our edit?

Aren't you afraid that we'll all go power hungry and destroy the forums?

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
VinnyD

Member #9

May 15, 2004 23:04
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Strange.... the other forums....collapsed into the vaccuum of space and time! This is confizzling indeed, I can only see the main forums right here; no BD, RP, REL, END, or ELD. Could our newfound mod powers be to blame!!??? I blame Gobbo.

Chris: What is a blowhole for dad?
  Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for son, and then you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
writer77

Member #4

May 16, 2004 24:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eh, they didn't dissapear. You can still get to them through the select menu. Oddly enough, the select menu no longer appears at the bottom of the screen at the BD forums. It looks to me like there was just an undeclared var or misspelled function or something. My View Source doesn't work for some reason, but I'd say that something came up between the document.write* for the first forum listing and the document.write for the second forum listing. I dunno, I assume that Mintman used the document.write for it, as I can think of no other way for it to be doing what it is doing.

*document.write() is a function that will write HTML through javascript.

Yeah, I've been on too much today, as I've checked the forums about 10 times... I am so bored.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Camo

Member #5

May 16, 2004 6:01
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Should be a speciual forum for only moderators, where we can all go around and edit each others posts for fun.
zendrix

Member #72

May 16, 2004 12:24

mmmm moderators of the board. lol this will be interesting.
msanis

Member #7

May 16, 2004 13:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm.... moderators, eh? Wow... i'm surprised we would need e'm. oh wait... *stares at random newb people screaming, "SPAM" repeatedly*. Well... that makes sense after all. Pretty cool though, I suppose. Wink

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on May 16, 2004 13:26]

[Editted by msanis on May 16, 2004 13:26]
MintMan

Member #1

May 16, 2004 21:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just noticed that disasperated main forum page, too, which makes no sense on account of with the new forum system, the primary forum data is not written by any function of the forum... ever. Something must have happened with Perl -- not JavaScript -- as it has stopped the page itself from printing. I'ma guessing a quick shell will report the problem.

Anywho, I guess I should say who the moderators are. I really need to get some sort of infomative thing up on the main page to show privileges and moderation abilities, but... oh well. The list is.... *drum roll*

Mad Goblin: Battling Dragons
  Writer77: Role Playing
  Vinny D: Endless Night's Dream

None of the others are active enough to even need moderation, save Classics, which all mods are instantly able to edit. It works simple: use your power only to stop stupity or lose it... and get banned for a bit

I tried to select a good few people that have been around, are still active in the RE gaming (more than forums) and also the forums. Also, I needed to pick people that never seemed to show any sort of impartiality. You can edit and delete any posts made in your moderated forums, and may you use this power only when absolutely necessary.

EDIT: Oh yeah, with moderation ability comes the ability to remove RP actions from posts. I added something that will delete RPs when they were the last reply in a topic, but mods can remove ones that occur in the middle (in case anyone tries to pull a Boyachi and steal and edit it out, for example).

Also, I looked into the main page problem, and.... for some reason, the numbers filed for the BD forum exploded with new lines -- and I do not know why. No other forums suffered from this problem, so I am just very, very confused. It is gone now, and the page works once more.

[Editted by MintMan on May 16, 2004 21:40]
Camo

Member #5

May 16, 2004 23:59
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm not a moderator Frown I know where I stand......

*puts on AFI*

*Grabs for razors*

Ahh, I'm only joking!
MintMan

Member #1

May 17, 2004 12:03

You? A mod? Please, Camo, you are half the reason we need mods here Tongue

For serious, tho', with any luck, our new mods will never have to be used. They are meant to be like atom bombs -- they sit around and scare people more than anything else, and quite possibly cause sterility Shifty Eyes I know nothing about that...
boyachi

Member #92

May 17, 2004 22:52

On May 16, 2004 21:32, MintMan said:

(in case anyone tries to pull a Boyachi and steal and edit it out, for example).[Editted by MintMan on May 16, 2004 21:40]

That is spectalular! I have my own illegal tactic named after yours truly. It is good to be back Crying
  Don't feel too bad Camo. It could have been worse, it could have gone to someone like me, VinnyD, or Mai.o, VinnyD did get it, just joking anyway Tongue Geez, MintMan didn't even get a special modding promotion either. What's the point of giving out promotions if you can't promote yourself at the same time?
  Wooha! It is good to be back! mod this and I will kill you all, except for Camo Joking....

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.
Camo

Member #5

May 18, 2004 2:34

Yeah, I dont need mod abilitys to be like an atom bomb... oooh yeah. Tongue

I get really excited over the "mod this and I will kill you all, except for Camo" comment realising if it gets moded, I'll die too made me feel rather sad!
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

May 19, 2004 14:18
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* fabricates a LeadShield to protect against Mod radiation *
  Congrats to all you mods out there. I wonder though, if/when a forum/topic locking function comes out, will the mods be able to use it?
Sword
Ice

Member #46

May 19, 2004 14:31

Forum Locking? * fabricates a ForumLockpick * That would completely ruin the point of having forums, if you could lock down an entire forum. I cannot think of any possible situation in which locking an entire forum would be necessary. And topic locking generally would only be needed in this forum, or possibly the RP forum, as a certain finality. But generally locking is just used so that certain topics of humour and (what this forums seems to call) spam don't go over and above.

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 20, 2004 7:39

"What this forum seems to call"? You mean a pointless and stupid message that wastes everyone's time? No, I'm pretty sure that's the universal definition of spam. That, or a deliciously slimy "meat" product.

And forum locking has use. Heck, it's used right now and has been since the forums came out. The Gym Leader's and Elder's forums are locked from all but a select few. But Mods locking out a forum, yeah, that just doesn't make any sense, hence why the sayer of that had it slashed next to topic.

But, yeah, generally a stupid topic will be deleted over locked, so when locking comes out (which, Ems is working on it), it's probable use will be in the RP forum for when an adventure ends (which is the main reason he has to even make it, if not the only).

So, pretty much, I'm not saying anything of use. So, now I'm gonna run around and do hip-hop dances on people's heads.
MintMan

Member #1

May 20, 2004 12:03

Locking would actually be pretty easy to do with the new RP meta-post system; it is just relaying that information back to the topic lists that would be a problem as there currently is no room slated for such information. I guess I could just change the icon to a lock symbol to kinda say "Hey y'all, this is locked."

Currently, RE works under the "this post has gone on to long, so post in it and your BD monster becomes a Celphie" philosophy; a philosophy which no one to this date has yet challenged, and with good cause.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 2:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022