Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 10:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo E3... AWESOME!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
msanis

Member #7

May 11, 2004 19:50
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good lord!!! This E3 just HAS to be Nintendo's BEST E3 EVER! So many great games coming... and the DS is even more powerful than we thought!!! To top it off, Nintendo has brought back the "mature" zelda theme (the graphics are godly)!!!

Behold and be amazed... go to Ign.com

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on May 11, 2004 19:51]
Battalon127

Member #25

May 11, 2004 21:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mmm, Dual Screens... drools
  Man, I'm getting horny for touch screen GB now. This bad boy looks sweet. But with sweet comes expensive, and I'm guessing the DS will come with an intense price tag. But it will be worth it as it seems to be what I have been waiting for, Nintendo's response to the PSP. I'm not sure, which I'll go for (no way I can afford both) but both have my complete attention for the next couple of minutes.
  As for games, the new SMB looks pretty cool. The 3D objects in 2D environment reminds me of the Lost Levels from SM-AS and the giant Mario is simply awesome! FFXII may also get me to find a part-time job and buy a PS2.

Oh, and on the FFVII:Advent Children speculations, this article points to it possibly being released on the PSP.

Wipes drool off mouse to post

"I've always liked helping people"
  "No Kelso, you like humping people"
  "Sometimes humping IS helping, Eric"
   ~Eric Forman and Kelso, That 70's Show

If something's too hard, give it up. The moral is, never try. ~Homer Simpson
Ash10

Member #3

May 11, 2004 21:46
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

They better be bringing something good. My Gamecube is just rotting away cause I have nothing to play.

Memeber of Derelict Studios
Camo

Member #5

May 12, 2004 4:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is there a new game boy coming out already? that sucks, I just got my GBA. Anyways, I went to get the new pokemon gamecube game the other day and despite sitting on the wall with a price tag, its still not released (and in AU theres no bonuses for pre ordering it.) So I got Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. Good game, hard and original, I like it. Also purchased Dead To Rights, nice game but pretty short, was good while it lasted. A multiplayer version of that would be awesome since its so easily handled and lots of guns and stuff.
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 12, 2004 7:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Billy Hatcher... Dead to Rights. Yeah, I see how those games fit together Tongue

Anyhoo, despite the coo'ness of Nintendo at E3, I'ma more wondering about Sega's big announcement.

'Cuz, let's face it, Sega makin' the jump back into the system market is a lot better than "0MG, I g0774 g37 4 n3w g4m3b0y now, WTF LOL!!!!1111111111"

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

msanis

Member #7

May 12, 2004 19:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

True... that would be rather big news; especially since it would be the beginning of the end for Sega. Seriously... Sega just hasn't recovered enough to take such a huge risk with a handheld/console. The idea of the doing that just scream out "SUICIDE!!!". I like Sega... so I hope that isn't the "big news" that we have been hearing of... because if it is... well... Sega is screwed.

Oh on the topic of the DS's price; i've heard $150.00 mentioned quite alot as the price... but that is just a guess really. Not that i've stopped drooling (for now), I can go a bit more in-depth with what I know on the upcoming handheld. The DS will be around the size of two GBASPs side by side (about the size of the original GBA). There will be two screens... one that displays "better" graphics, and another producing graphics similar to the GBA. The "Better" screen has power somewhere between the N64 and GCN... which means it is about as powerful as the Dreamcast. Cartidges for the DS will be able to hold 1 gigabyte (GCN disks hold 1.5), and will be backward compatible with all prior releases of the Gameboy. The Ds will have networking capabilities with a range as high as 100ft (still in demo form), and is WI FI compatible!!! Another interesting feature is the voice-recognition... which will obviously be used in games... but perhaps there will be some voices transmitted over the net. Also, the Ds has an "instant messenger" type function that comes with it (no cartidges needed) so basically its a whole new way to pass notes in class Wink .

On some other notes, the Ds will feature some state-of-the-art rechargable batteries that are so powerful that they will keep you playing for at least as long as the GBASP even with all of the added functions. The lower screen will be the "touch-pad screen"; for defense, this particular screen is heavily shielded (in comparison to the other.

Very interesting to say the least...

As for the Next Zelda; it is realistic again. Many people thought the WW Zelda style was a little odd; so Nintendo had decided to rid themselves of the "kiddie-image", and start making more realistic games. Zelda being the first to undergo this change. This is indeed a sequel to Windwaker... Link is now an adult, but no story of the game has been revealed. The game looks amazing, and I can't wait for its release. Of course i'll be keeping you guys updated on the progress of the better gsmes for release. If I feel the need (or find more info) i'll offer a bit more information. Also, if anyone has questions; i'd be glad to answer them (if I am able to). Wink

MadGoblin

Member #2

May 12, 2004 22:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* dies from reading latest (er, "from this morning") E3 news *

Okay, I dunno if anyone said, but the new (one of, at least) GBA Zelda games is LoZ: the Minish Cap, in which the hero has a magical hat that allows him to shrink. Also, I think it has a beak/mind of its own. Hilarity ensues!

Second, the HAVE revealed the plot to the new GC Zelda. What is it? Well, it's pimpin' cooler-looking-Link-than-even-SSBM-had saving Hyrule from the march of a Moblin army!!! w007 Arrow M0b1inz!!!!111

Third, Square is the evilest set of bastards ever! "Are we making a new FFVII game sequel? We'll never tell!" (months later) "Hah! See? We're making an FFVII sequel movie! We had you fooled! Hrhr!" (and now) "Hah! Double ruse, boy-o's! Not only can you expect Advent Children, but we've secretly been making an FFVII prequel by the name of Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII!!! (all ph33r!!!)

Dead bleh, too much coolness. Just go here for more.

And Sega rules, yo. They're always ahead of their time, it's just people have to be asses and dis them by not buying their games. That ain't cool, man, that ain't cool at all. (who am I kidding, I'm one of them Nervous )
Camo

Member #5

May 13, 2004 6:14
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm.. Sega should stay with making games, there consoles always were more advanced then there opponents (at the time) but I also found that nintendo is a cuntload more durable, and better insurance bla bla bla. I've never owned a ps or xbox but, then again they are still fairly new, and most of sega and nintendo games on one console? I'm not complaining. This new gameboy sounds really good, but its giving me the pooeys cause I only got my GBASP fairly recently, and for 200 bux (Australian of course) only to find out its gonna be outdated soon really pisses me off.
  I dont think sega will launch a new hand held (Then again I think that if you get all the GC games compatable with GBA about half of them are SEGA or Sonic Team games :P) Sega and Nintendo are working really well together at the moment like that, maybe it could be a joint project? I could see Sega maybe releasing a line of arcade machines, like some new age arcade s*** or something, maybe a new console, but it would be stupid.
msanis

Member #7

May 13, 2004 17:44

...So let me try to get this straight... they are making a prequel to Final Fantasy seven. Ok, at this point I would be thinking "Whoa, that sounds AWESOME!". At that point, i'd start wondering, "Hmmm... I wonder what system it will be on... GC, PS2, BOTH?!". Then I get a firm reply... the prequel to FF7 is on a... Cell phone?!!?!?! What in God's name were they thinking? They had the perfect opportunity to make an extremely popular game... and they put it on a cell phone?! Good Lord... what a mess, and what a shame.

writer77

Member #4

May 13, 2004 22:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, I think Sega and Nintendo already teamed up for one game: F-Zero for GC. I think, at least...

Uh, anyhow, the game I'm most hyped up about right now is Metroid Prime: Hunters. A multiplayer, portable version of Metroid Prime? I will take it.

After that would have to be Super Mario 64 X 4. I mean, SM64 is a great game, and being portable is enough, but with all the other cool stuff that's being added, it'll be awesome. And the new Super Mario Bros., too. I can't wait to play a new 2D mario. Also on the list of cool things is Animal Crossing DS, New Zelda, Metroid Prime: Echoes, and all the other cool things.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

May 14, 2004 1:11

So, lemme get this straight. The DS will be backwards compatible with all previous releases of GameBoy, you say, Sanis? Lemme think...

You are slightly in error mintman, actually... it is in no way compatable with the GBA...

I remember someone making a big stink about that when DS first came out when I was quoting RPGamer saying that DS was in fact compatible with DS, but you said it wasn't and that you were right because you do a lot more research into these sorts of things Mean Look

Me? I'ma not too steamed about another Nintendo system coming out. I only have an original, cream-spinach GameBoy and one of the first GBAs with no accessories other than an AC adapter for each, so I am not actually missing out on much money. I just hopes whatever connections are used in the DS will also work with the GBA so that I can at least use my older system to trade Pokes between and stuff.
Camo

Member #5

May 14, 2004 4:50

My original gameboy chunkster no longer works, I mainly bought a GBA for that reason, plus the saphire game I aquired. Spose the fact that its not backward compatable is alright, then again it could be a major downfall, some people might have heaps of GB, GBC, GBA games and not really wanna get the new one for that reason, although I would imagine it would eventually get a gameboy player that plays older games maybe.

Sega and nintendo teamed on F-Zero? You sure? I might have to get, is it any good? I've kinda thought all the F-Zero games are total s***e. Sega, well Sonic Team should team with nintendo up for the new smash bros. I think anyone who has been gaming for over 5 days really wants to see sonic and mario go at it, maybe just even a new style game Sega vs Nintendo, I'd definantly get it, Sega could have Sonic and the sonic crew, Nights, Ryo Hazuki, some ol phantasy Star Characters, BILLY HATCHER!!!, and nintendo could have Mario and his crew, Link (and his crew? Maybe), Donkey Kong and his crew (ok thats bout 3820965327465 characters now, I'd stick with the Snes characters but), and nintendo have3 had heaps other good characters over the years I no longer remember, so do Sega, and of course lots of generic enemy type characters, goombas, koopas, little robots, rappys... hmm... while we are at it it should have heaps of modes, mario kart type game, fighting, adventure (not really adventure, more like a 3D Golden Axe type game).

-------------------------------------------------------------

I just stumbled upon something that could be really good....
  http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=matrixonline
  I've never been a big fan of Matrix games, the movies were ok, but the games are terrible, but this could work really well, a massive internet rpg game in the matrix....

[Editted by Camo on May 14, 2004 10:23]
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 14, 2004 13:49

Yeah, the same thing sorta happened to my cream-spinach GB. The edges of the screen slowly began deteriorating and now they're striped with "black"ed out lines (black in quotes for obvious reasons).

And, Camo, no, did you not pay attention to Ems post? He said that DS is backwards compatible with old games and that M Sanis was wrong in strongly saying other wise.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure on BC:FFVII's current destined system. Frankly, I'm just glad that they're making one 'cuz, well, it's just so frickin' awesome of an idea!
msanis

Member #7

May 14, 2004 17:24

Wow... you just waited for some news like that to come up... weren't you Minty? Well... I admit it; I was at fault there. But my information was quite accurate for that time... most of the sources claimed that the DS had no connection at the time; also, seeing as the DS is supposed to not be the GBA's predecessor, it would make sense for it not to have GBA compatibility. Keep in mind... I am well-informed... but I get my information from sources... and if those sources happen to be wrong; then even I can be wrong about something. Wink

As for Fzero Camo; yes... I am quite sure it was made in a joint project by Nintendo and Sega. The game is pretty good... but not for everyone. I usually am quite skilled at racing games... yet I found myself unable to go farther than easy mode (and even then it was extremely difficult). If you got a good reaction time; give it a try... then consider buying. Tongue

[Editted by msanis on May 14, 2004 17:25]
Camo

Member #5

May 14, 2004 20:56

Good reaction time eh? I didn't mind ol podracer for the 64, how fast is it and is there lots of unlockable stuff? Unlockable stuff usually keeps me happy with a game for longer.

As for me not reading the whole post, well your probobly right, I probobly read it but paying attention to something else.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 10:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022