Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 24:25 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Stick figure comic

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

May 8, 2004 18:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok, I have a question for you people.
  I have this stupid comic that I have been working on since 7th grade that is of stick figures that sadly takes on some (too many) attributes of dragon ball Z. More than wanted actually.
  So, if I were to put these(eddited, so it was actually readible, literally, my handwriting is atrocious) on my website, would anyone care to read look at them? Since you guys are just about the only people, save less than 10 others, that even know I have a website.
  I'm not gonna bother otherwise. If curious, I could scan in the originals, which would be illegible at best, aside from the huge curse words or screaming.
  Look, I really shouldn't be here anyway, but...whatever. I'm sorry I wrecked FtRPG for everyone. I'll still come by to read the topics, but otherwise, I'll try to stay light on the posting.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.
writer77

Member #4

May 8, 2004 22:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm not the person to go to for website advice, but I'd say that any content would help, whether or not anyone really wants it there. I mean, look at my site, I've been adding new games for three years or so now, and I still get like 5 unique hits per week.

And most of those hits are from me... it's pretty sad. I still add stuff not because I know a lot of people want to see it, but just because I like adding new stuff. I mean, it all comes down to whether or not you want to add new stuff to your site.

And if you're worried about posting too much, you can just limit yourself to visiting the forums once per day, and that'll usually cut down on the number of posts you make. That's what I usually do, anyhow.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
boyachi

Member #92

May 9, 2004 11:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok, but it will take awhile, since much of it will have to be changed for: better visiblity, better word font(currently chicken scratch), language, missing parts.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 10, 2004 8:40

Comics are a fickled lot. I've had a hand-drawn comic out for... going on three years now hosted on KeenSpace (meaning they plug it for me!) and, according to weblogs, most everytime someone enters a page, they leave immediately. Of course, my comics not that good Nervous

Still, though, back to the fickled-isms, some really good comics could get no readers whatsoever while some piece of koi-junk like "Talkin'" gets a huge fanbase, somehow (even if just temporary) [talkin' was a comic win which EVERY panel was just the same two poorly drawn people in the same positions placed infront of a different background and given new word bubbles].

Generally, if a comic doesn't look good, it has to be REALLY good to hold peoples interest. And, by "good" I mean the following :
  • Comprised of Tired Game Sprites
  • The Same Stock Images of Computer Drawn Characters Over and Over
  • Anything Rippin' Off Anime
  • A Horrible Piece of s*** that looks slightly like anime...

I don't know whether I was helping or venting randomly, but I sure probably did something. Now, if you excuse me... * horribly stabs those frickin' gay comics that are only popular 'cuz they fake wanna be anime *

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 24:25 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022