Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 7:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Double Holiday

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 7, 2004 16:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In a very strange coincidence of dates, May 9, 2004 is a double holiday. Confused? Allow me to explain.

The two holidays are Mother's Day and V-E Day, both of which coincide on May 9 this year. V-E Day, for those of you who don't know, marks the "end" of World War II in Europe.

Unlike the U.S., European countries celebrate V-E Day rather than the rather-late Memorial Day.

So...if you have any relatives who fought in Europe during WWII, you might want to congratulate them with the 59th anniversary of the end of the war in Europe. I think they'll find it as a pleasant surprise.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t

If this works (working on a hunch) then I, VinnyD am a mod
  Let's hope! Big Smile

[Editted by VinnyD on May 15, 2004 16:51]
msanis

Member #7

May 7, 2004 22:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Interesting... I didn't know that.

So... if it is a "double holiday" shouldn't we get a few days off for it? Seriously... that'd be a nice little bonus too. Evil Grin

Thanx for the info... I happen to have a relative who fought in WW2; so I suppose i'll try to keep that in mind (if I see him).

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

May 12, 2004 11:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, let's get that day off from school... oh wait, we already do. It is called a week end!

Mothers Day and a war holiday, eh? What a pair those two make. There is no better way to tell mama ya love 'er than kickin' some Nat-zee bum, I always say... seriously, I do Flat Mouth
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

May 14, 2004 15:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On May 12, 2004 11:19, MintMan said:

Yeah, let's get that day off from school... oh wait, we already do. It is called a week end!

Hey! Some of us get stuck spending every waking minute doing school work. Dead At least I have for the past 3 weeks. Darn Dickens and his stupid story that contridicts itself multiple times in the first 9 line long sentance. If anybody starts quoting death to them 'cause I had to memorize it for a test.

Anyway, happy belated holidays. Nervous Sorry I wasn't here to say so sooner. I know you guys understand. Hmmm...I have been gone a long time...

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

[Edit: Just testing out new moderation features]

[Editted by MintMan on May 14, 2004 22:31]
Camo

Member #5

May 14, 2004 20:58
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If its a double holiday it just means you need to drink twice as much as normal.

Oooooh new smily icon thing.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 15, 2004 11:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I never had anything as a weekend. Not if both your parents are teachers. Wink

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 7:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022