Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 13:45 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: RE Ranking

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 24, 2004 10:29
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is it just me, or has Reality's End been slipping a bit down the ranks in the RPG top 100 ranking? That can't be good... Frown
writer77

Member #4

Apr 24, 2004 10:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The reason for this is that the RPG top 100 is stupid.

Really, really stupid. I'll probably let Mintman elaborate on it a bit (if he really needs to), but I can tell you how stupid it is through personal experience. I put my site on there about a month ago, and I've actually dropped from about #36 to #189 all in one day. When you're tied at a certain number of hits, they put you in the order of people that signed up. That means that when I went from 1 hit in the past 3 days to 0 hits in the past 3 days, I drop about 150 spots. Which is really stupid, considering most of the sites below fifty probably haven't had a new hit in a few years, at least.

Anyhow, stupid. It's stupid, and I hate it.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 24, 2004 12:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The other thing about it is that it is ranked primarily by click-thrus and not actual page views.

The number one site displayed the button, like, three times and clicked on each occassion. The top-list button is no longer even on that site; they just got their rank and got rid of it, so yeah, it is pretty stupid. I have been considering re-signing up and doing that or hacking their button code just to screw with their rank. That would learn 'em good.

Or, primarily, I have been just wanting to get rid of that little button. It is not exactly like it adds any prestige, and it sure does bog the load time on occasions.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 13:45 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022