Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 6:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Remake of Final Fantasy 1 + 2!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
msanis

Member #7

Apr 19, 2004 22:05
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The forum really needs some life pumped into it... hopefully this'll help a bit...

Well, after tons of petitions from us Nintendo geeks, Square-Enix finally gave in; and decided to give Nintendo two Final Fantasy remakes for the GBA!!! These remakes are of none other than Final Fantasy 1 + 2. I know what you must be thinking right now... and NO, this is not merely a rerelease of origins. Simply put, it is a complete remake; with better graphics, storyline (thank god), sidequests, and MORE. To make it even better, both are being released upon the same cartridge!

Being the sneaky lil moron that I am, I decided to get you guys a bit of proof... so here are a few interesting things...

The official Square Website:
  http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/gba/ff1-2/index2.html

Released Picture:
  http://img.gameonline.jp/news/2004/04/0901401.jpg

...I would post links and pictures myself, but (though I hate to admit it), I don't exactly know how to post links or images in a forum... *sigh*

Take a look though, you'll probably find it quite... interesting. Wink

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 20, 2004 1:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The Hel? I thought this was old news.

I remembered hearing about it long time ago 'cause in addition to adding all the new, shiny stuff, they were also going to add an idiot mode for today's gamer that only plays games to win in a timely manner. Bah!

'Course, that may have been for a different system... like PS or something. Either way, only II interests me as I already have I... one.

New graphics... feh! When they re-released FF on the WonderSwan, they only cleaned 'em up a bit but kept them to their classic greatness. I mean, Fighter and Red Mage look like fruits... and where is RM's deal over his mouth?
  Well, at least White Mage is a chick... and is actually supposed to be a chick... unlike the original FF. *shudders* Class changing ruined and disturbed so much...

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 20, 2004 22:17]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 20, 2004 11:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, more remakes of FFI and II, like they don't have enough of those flying around Tongue (seriously, aren't there like a ton of them?)

What's actually interesting is the fact that it's recently been announced that the boys down at Nintendo finally want a FFIII remake to be ported! Hurray! They never remade that one to death for some reason, so now they can start!

Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Battalon127

Member #25

Apr 20, 2004 13:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Seeing as GBA is about the only system I own other than a PC, and I know how everyone here feel about ROMs, the remakes intrigue me. I like the old FF games (I've played III/VI and V before). And posting links/pictures in the forums is simple just use the HTML codes. [a href="URL Name"]link name[/a] (replacing [] with < >). Images are [img src="Picture URL Name"]

"I've always liked helping people"
  "No Kelso, you like humping people"
  "Sometimes humping IS helping, Eric"
   ~Eric Forman and Kelso, That 70's Show

If something's too hard, give it up. The moral is, never try. ~Homer Simpson
msanis

Member #7

Apr 20, 2004 17:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This reply is merely meant to... ummmm... linkify the... stuff. Hopefully the pic wont stretch the screen... Boggle

Blutty right it won't Angry

link to official site:
  The site

[Editted by msanis on Apr 20, 2004 17:46]

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 20, 2004 22:19]
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 20, 2004 21:04

ok, so when is ADVENT CHILDREN coming out then? Must have AC!...hmmm...that didn't come out right...

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 21, 2004 12:00

* tears induced by its awesome-osity-tasticalism-nessages *

Lo, The hi and mighty Advent Children is due out in Japan this summer (one of the "j" months for sure). Man, I hope some monkey works to subtitle that thing so fast so I can have completed all necessary earthly tasks and die!

Teh awesomage!
msanis

Member #7

Apr 21, 2004 18:04

Hmmmmm... Sorry 'bout that Mintman; I guess it actually DID stretch the screen then; right? Sorry 'bout that... I had to go so I didn't even get the chance to see my own message... i'll be a bit more careful... if I ever post any other images; that is. Boggle

...As for Advent Children; I am pretty excited. It looks awesome, and hopefully will answer many of those questions about "What happens after the ending?". 8)

[Editted by msanis on Apr 21, 2004 18:06]
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 21, 2004 21:06

well, for one, red XIII(aka Nanaki) has children(or grand children?)as well as Midgar is basically deserted and stuff is actually growing there again.

The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, Summer of the New Dawn shall be approaching... this summer.
writer77

Member #4

Apr 22, 2004 16:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, that is part of the ending. Msanis is probably wondering about "after the ending," which no one really knows about yet.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 22, 2004 17:19

Sorry, idiots at gametalk.com haven't figured out yet that things aren't over at the credits when made by squaresoft

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 6:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022