Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 18:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Forums....DEAD!!!?!?!!?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
VinnyD

Member #9

Mar 26, 2004 12:39
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Man, just when it seemed this place couldnt slow down, wvwrybody simultaneously stops posting. I think he forums were at their most active for a year or two. Eh, who knows. Just reply to this, even if you have nothing to say. Spread the love, or.... spam....
Chris: What is a blowhole for dad?
  Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for son, and then you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 26, 2004 18:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I, too, mourn the possible death of the forums. (All of my spare time on the computer has been spent on a school project that still wasn't due on time, but I still have tried to pay a visit when possible. Yet it seems I really never missed a lot. There's still hope though. Does anyone know CPR? Or have a 750,000 volt stun gun?
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
msanis

Member #7

Mar 26, 2004 19:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I check the forums frequently, actually. I don't reply of late mostly because there are no posts to my interest... don't think my reign of terror is over yet .

Anyway... the forums will continue to be dead until someone comes up with a post SO CONTROVERSIAL that we all can't help but flame/bash the heck out of that person. Well... either that, or something extremely interesting...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
draggy1234

Member #97

Mar 26, 2004 23:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, just wondering... is having forums dead worse, or having forums spammed nonstop with thousands of pretty-much-useless posts?
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 27, 2004 24:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey everybody! Remember BD? Welp, I'm tearing it down! Dopty dopty doh!

Anywho, Vinny makes a quite valid point. This place went mad-dead, which is worst than regular death.

Now, people who have been around for a while know that this place has its highs and lows and adjustments to make, but this death just blindsided everybody! Typically, a drop comes with a change in the season, such as the holidays when everyone is on vacation or during finals or when summer first starts -- whatever. There is usually a reason.

Well, happy.... end of March, everyone? This is freakin' in-the-sane! I should get crackin' on Forum, the RPG just because the newb-free atmosphere would be perfect testing grounds. I did sorta forget about it for, um, a month... hopefully I can remember all those cool things I forgot to write down.

Speaking of FtRPG, I was going back to my old Angelfire site just for kicks, and I did not know this, but you actually signed my guest book, Vinny! I did not know you have been around for that long.
  But why RPGs reminded me of it is because of the old R.E. Quest. That thing was wack, but unfortunately nothing like what the Forum RPG is going to be. I wonder if Angelfire still has their default CGI scripts, because if they do, I am sure a lot of us could go over there and R.E. Quest it up for a spell before Angelfire deletes me for good.

If you are wonder what the blutty Hel R.E. Quest is, it was an abuse of Angelfire resources mixed with JavaScript to make a chat room RPG based on a game of mine called Sovereign Sagas, typified largely by the stat system of small numbers modified up or down by race and class. It was pretty coolies seeming from me just looking over the code a bit. From each sphere/element you chose, you received one spell to throw at enemies and one charm to cast on friends. I also had a good few pages of notebook devoted to it. Of course, back in Year One, I could not keep people to save the life of me, and this is after the R.E. League and me rushing up to two-thousand hits. I got rid of it because I wanted to switch gear to the Adoption Game... which is now what you know as the dreaded training deal for BD.
  And why is that wretched thing still around? Simple! I am going to make it not suck!Go Battling Dragons: NDR!
VinnyD

Member #9

Mar 27, 2004 24:58

I cant even remember this angelfire site.... O well. It puts me back at some of the earlier days though. Which I do know I was at. Now that this has nothing to do with anything,,,, ANIME! I went out and got best sessions of bebop, and cowboy bebiop the movie. And I must say, I feel better than anyone who hasnt seen it. Comments on my next anime dvd purchase anyone? Or anything that involves converstion. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, this is my spring break. And i have done nothing but go online. it is sad. but what sadder is people who havent seen bebop the movie. Go buy it now. do it. Im not joking. You think this is a game?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 27, 2004 6:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The forums died? When? From what I could see, there seemed to be about a two day span without posts. Big whoop. I seem to recall near a week as of such. Now that is death. This is more of a slum. I'd hardly call that death.

Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions? That just seems like a waste to me. I mean, there is no way you could get just a few episodes to push over any other. There's just way too many good episodes for that.

Hey, my computer has been in meltdown for the last three days! Hooray!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 27, 2004 8:20

Hrhr, you melt. It might be a virus; there are a lot of broad band/DSL ones going around right now.
  Me? I'ma got some spyware on my computer despite the fact that I do not download anything. Well, I did download an upgrade for my QuickTime to play some files (Thank you very much, Camo's music .... or hentai -- whatev), but it seems to have been more than it let on. Now I have some stupid ad blocker that actually pops up more ads than all else That, and it cannot be removed -- not even by Norton. Looks like I'ma gonna have to use my conventional tricks to get outta this'un...

Weeks of inactivity? Dude, that has not been for a long time. I mean, you are at least looking at a year since that happened... ever! Either BD or Classics one would have some converse in it.

Spring break? Oh yeah, that would account for a lot of it. Something else I realized is that a lot of second-grade elders have been vanishing. Most of the first-grades are long deads, but people like SSS don't pop by as much anymore. Boo.

Well, Vinns, it is hard to say when actually you came to my site. It was my Angelfire-CGI-haxxed guestbook, and I think I also used it on Virtual Avenue for a time before getting rid of it. I then upgraded to a normal CGI one, and eventually got rid of it due to stupid comments consistantly being posted on it, and quite frankly, do guestbooks serve any other purpose?

Okays, I think I am at forty-seven classes for F:tRPG right now. It would be sweet if I could hit an even fifty for prettiness. If anyone has a wierd class -- and I mean w-i-e-r-d with a capital "J" -- drop the suggestion on by.
msanis

Member #7

Mar 27, 2004 13:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That forum rpg idea don't sound half bad Minty, I kinda like it... but it would probably need some graphics to keep people interested...

So... are you saying that I'm an endangered species Minty?! Noooooo!!! I thought there were a few more elders than me around... aren't there?! *looks around at a vacant room*. The horror...

Don't worry... if you want, i'll try to start up some posts a bit later. After taking the SATs and running around a huge library trying to find books, I think I deserve a little break.
VinnyD

Member #9

Mar 27, 2004 15:02

Hmmm, well Id have to know some of the classes already made to pick some. But If you already have that many, then I may not be of much help. I could, but email me the list first. It would save a lot of time. Unless you want to keep it a secret.

And Gobbo, no it was not a waste of time. I think they were some of the ones with the most to do with continuing the actual plot. I still havent seen every episode though, and the reason why I didnt buy more DVDs is because Im broke!. Minus the money Im saving for a new website, then I have none left for when I start driving, or anything.

Forgot to mention I also picked up UT2004. And I have to say it kicks all ass. Except for the fact it had 5 install discs, plus a sixth that installed more stuff, and is to play the game. That reminds me i should defrag, my hard drives probly all jumbled up after a huge install like that. Whatever.
msanis

Member #7

Mar 27, 2004 16:54

May I recommend you try Full Metal Panic, or Full Metal Panic series 2 (Fumoffu)? Full Metal Panic has a slightly more serious tone to it... while Fumoffu is EXTREMELY funny. Though, Full Metal Panic (series 1) still has its own funny moments as well.

In Full Metal Panic (series 1), Chidori (some green-haired girl) has been kidnapped because she is "supposedly" part of the whispered, which have a knowledge of black technology... allowing some crazy weapons to be made. Sousuke (the main guy-hero-person) is the guy sent to save her (he's a military psycho.)

In Full Metal Panic (series 2, Fumoffu) Sousuke is actually in Chidori's school... and constantly blows half the school to bits with grendades... grenade launchers... bioligical weapons... and more! Of course, most of the time the entire student body is pissed off and are about to kill both Chidori and Sousuke. Very funny...

Have fun
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 27, 2004 20:42

Small sets of anime are the waste, yo. You have to buy full boxed sets; although they cost sometimes in excess of one hundred bucks, it is well worth when you calculate that you are paying half the price of buying them seperately.

There is also a mail-in DVD rental service (or a few now, prolly) that operates from the internet. I think it is Netflix, but don't hold me to it. Surprisingly, they carry much anime, which is cool because you can try without buying. You get to learn what animes are strange and wacky, like Trouble Chocolate (prolly good for a rent, but buying is questionable), and which animes are totally the suck, like Night Hunters (sounds cool -- is gay).

Wow, you weren't around for any posts about Forum: the RPG? It is not a forum RPG, but rather an RPG based on... this forum! It is not even a game, more just a waste of time nuisance to supplement forum visiting. It also actually gives use to virtual items besides being collectable.
VinnyD

Member #9

Mar 28, 2004 3:02

Mint, i just gotta say what the HELL IS GOING ON!!! Im not sure if anyone else is having it, but ONLY on this sie im getting 01929-96956254658 error messages. It took five minute to get from the topic to being able to post, on BROADBAND!!! Seriously mint this is bad. Feel free to comment people these are good topics.
Zedd

Member #76

Mar 28, 2004 3:18
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm getting 'HTTP 500 internal server error's, some of which seem to be powered by Zeus Technology (just on this site). I have to refresh at least twice every time I see one.
- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 28, 2004 13:30

I checked the Your-Site status, and according to other members, they are getting it too. Well, they state that the pages plain won't work. I do not know if they have tried refreshing or not, but maybe I am getting off lucky.

Either way, 'tis major suckage.... and I got up to fifty-one classes now, so thanks for none of your help!.... losers
VinnyD

Member #9

Mar 28, 2004 13:38

yeah, and thanks for actually telling us what they were so we could waste our time saying ones you already had. Unless you did email it and I havent gotten it yet, in which case I blame Camo. Yes somehow he gets the blame, dont ask me.
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 28, 2004 17:12

Hey, it ain't my fault, I just got back here. How are these for classes:
  baker
  mime
  third
  no
  gym
  dance
  yoga
  pygmy
  And yes, I have had trouble with that, but I've reloaded (Once five times)and got back to what I wanted to see
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.

[Editted by boyachi on Mar 28, 2004 17:13]
LeeTupper

Member #42

Mar 28, 2004 22:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Could you give us a class list? I'll help you if I knew what there was. We need a Spammer class, most definately. Maybe a Psycho class for Gobbo...
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 28, 2004 23:35

"No", "Gym", "Third", "Dance", "Yoga"? The Hel are these, Boy? They ain't classes! Dance is just a verb, and the others are just things... or adjectives.

Anyway, I already said that I had all the classes, so I do not need any suggestions anymore. And I am not going to type out all the forty-eight I already had, man! That is ludacrous! I think the qualifier of "really wierd" fit the bill quite nicely, like Mime. Of course, I would not use the Mime class since that is a hard-core rip off of Final Fantasy. Also, Pygmy is a race, not a class. You know, they are little people.

Good news is that I think the CGI troubles are over. w00t.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 29, 2004 12:06

Har! A baker? How threatening would that be? I mean, what? They'd throw muffins at their foes? Then again, it could be used. I mean, I bet Six_Grey would be one. His special attack brownies would be the best

Something else that's not really relavent to anything but I've noticed a bit much lately: why is weird being spelled wierd on the boards of late? I just can figure it out, and I'm a'getting wierded out by it! Oh no, it's infected me too! AAAAHHHHHH!

Stupid Note: It actually took me three times to purposefully spell weird with the "i" before the "e". It's just that wrong.
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 18:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022