Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 6:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Lord of the Oscars: RotK owns ALL

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 2, 2004 13:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

First off, sorry for the new topic - I know the topic-to-post ratios are not nice.

In any case, for those of you who missed the Academy Awards on Feb. 29, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King collected 11 Oscars out of 11 nominations, including Best Picture, and, surprisingly, Best Song.

To those who DID see the Oscars: were Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), Orlando Bloom (Legolas), and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) even present at the awards? I did not see any of them.

On the downside, Finding Nemo only got one Oscar for Best Animated Picture. That's one out of a total of three nominations. Also, quite surprisingly, I don't remember The Last Samurai winning anything!
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
Camo

Member #5

Mar 2, 2004 18:39
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

LORD OF THE RINGS WON LOTS OF OSCAR PRIZES! WHAT A SUPRISE!

Lol, that would have been quite obvious, but back to more important things, Finding Nemo would have got s*** marks cause it was too Australian, but not Steve Irwin enough, I mean, there was not one crocodile wrestle in the whole film, pfffft, what use does this have in the Americunt culture?
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 2, 2004 20:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What do you mean topic-to-posts ratios aren't good? Since when? Classics can always use posts in it. You are thinking of BD's ratio of topics-to-stupid-topics ratio. That thing is way off. That, or BD's topics compared to Classic's topics compared to their respective post amounts....

In either case, why are you apologizing?

Man, it got everything it was nominated for? I heard it was up for twelve, but with eleven, it gets a clean sweep!
  Yes Camo, this is a shock. A fantasy movie won best picture. Do you know how often that sorta thing happens? I'll give you a hint: just now.
  Fellowship shoulda won all those years ago, but it did not. Well, now at least fantasy is establishing itself a bit more. Good for it.

Yeah, poor Finding Nemo. Poor cartoons, for that matter. Nothing animated will ever win anything other than from its own little world. It is worse off than fantasy is.
  I do not think animation will ever earn respect here in the states. Oh well, at least Nemo has the distiction of being freakin' hy-larious.
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 2, 2004 20:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

hey look at all the awards sesame steals for kiddy shows
  I still think that one of the matrix movies should have won special effects
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 4, 2004 13:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, but thats for kiddy shows. Nemo appealed to all ages. Sadly the American culture (which I am ashamed to be a part of) attributes animation with kids, even though that is often not the case.
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
VinnyD

Member #9

Mar 4, 2004 16:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yep, sometimes Id prefer America to be more progressive than it is, but I know all the idiots would turn it into a yuppie culture. Just remember, we are all smart, we watch cartoons. Hillbillies are dumb, they listen to country music. There are two main cable stations for cartoons, and two that you can listen to country on. Yet there are hundreds of country stations in eacg state. What am I getting at? Even I don't know, but I do hate cuntry (thanks for that inspiration Camo) and hillbillies, and I love cartoons and being smarter than most of America. Ahhh, I sit in front of a mirror and bask in all my glory. I'm gloooriiooouuuus!
Camo

Member #5

Mar 4, 2004 21:39
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Smarter then the average American? Not really something to be proud of, I think I could wak myself into that categry even though I'm a dopey Aussie

I didn't know the other LOTR movies didn't get high scores or whatever with the oscars, all I know is that LOTR were heaps hyped up, good tittle and zillions of bux got spent on them, thus I dont really find it suprising they won an award or 2.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 5, 2004 13:30

Yes, cuntry music definitely needs to go. The country to all other radio stations in my area must be at least two to one. There are a few soft rock/pop stations (which I also loathe) and two decent classic rock stations...
  Oh, well, I've got my tape adapter now, so I don't have to listen to the radio anymore. MP3's all the way (leagally, don't worry)!
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
Camo

Member #5

Mar 5, 2004 16:14

Radio stations are so very very stupid, yet I go outta my way to try get local bands played, sometimes I do, but its usually 3 in the morning. Anyways, downloaded MP3s are the best thing that ever hapened to the music industry, you see, now bands have to go tour and play gigs in order to make money, which is mad cause more bands are touring more and what not. I personaly like to buy CDs, well I buy to many, for instance I bought the new Offspring CD, a 1208 CD and a Jebadiah CD this month, not the best CDs for adding to my collection but I buy a lot of CDs, I actually bought more last year. Its pretty s*** but cause I'll never end up getting my car payed off or my licence or any of that important s*** Also stops me getting games very often. I just have a CD fetish.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 6:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022