Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 13:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: ELite

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
mcmax_2

Member #169

Feb 24, 2004 11:55
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i'M a member for quite some time already and i'm wondering how you become an elite member.
  Anybody knows?
-----------------------------------------
  Japanese culture rules!!
  (thats why i chose a kamaitatchi)
  -----------------------------------------
msanis

Member #7

Feb 24, 2004 17:29
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You may have been around for a while, but you must make meaningful contribution (and quite a few of them) in order to become an Elite member. For now, I will just refer to you as... Rookie!
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
writer77

Member #4

Feb 24, 2004 17:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You have to post meaningful things for a year or two, and then if Mintman doesn't hate you, you stand a chance. And by "meaningful things," I don't mean a lot of posts all in one day. If you make a lot of dumb posts, Mintman will hate you.... probably. To overcome all of the obstacles standing in your way, you will have to train for several millenia, until you suddenly realize, "Hey, look at that. I can crush nations with a mere wave of my arm." Then an old guy will appear and say, "It is time." At this point, you may stand a chance.

Or you could just have a member number of 20 or less.

Edit: Hmmm... Msanis beat me to posting by two minutes. Ah, well. Isn't it funny how we both used the word "meaningful" in our posts? No. Not really.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage

[Editted by writer77 on Feb 24, 2004 17:32]
LeeTupper

Member #42

Feb 24, 2004 18:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whaddya mean, meaningful? If you mean with a purpose, than how'd Camo, spam meister, make the cut? Well, actually, he drove away psycho-lady, so I guess that is good enough. If you mean making sense, then how'd ol' gobbo, master of dizzying insanity, get there? Oh yeah, brothers.

So, save us from a monstrous threat, or somehow become Minty's sibling. Then you'll be fine.

Anyways, a four poster, #169, has a low chance of making it in, unless, say, you were to... slip a bribe to Minty. You didn't hear this from me!
What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 24, 2004 20:31
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What do you mean you've been around for awhile! Ive seen you for two days, and you've already been assigned the term rookie! Plus you've posted like 5 times lately, which is too much!!! Prattles on and on....slowly fading away cursing, angered by noobs
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 24, 2004 20:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

At first, I was not going to respond to this, but after going to the BD forum, I feel that I must.

To be an Elite is a very trying accomplishment. Among the requirements are:

1) Do not spelling it "ELite".
  2) Do not be the newest member of the forum or having only four posts before asking how to get in as that is by no standard "a long time". The minimum is one year of forum member-tude.
  3) Be old not only in the forums, but also in games of RE. It does not hurt to actually link your accounts to your forum account

And finally, the most important requisite of all....

4) Do not freakin' ask questions in the forums which as simply answered in the FAQ! "What does Cutter do?" It says right there in the freakin' FAQ! SKILLS DO NOTHING! Forums are for talking or getting answers to things not answered anywhere else, not to go and post your every whim. It is a lot faster to look up an answer in the FAQ than it is to post a question and wait for one any day.
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 24, 2004 21:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm...so you don't have to like me... that's a relief... but I have been asking a whole lotta questions lately...not of that caliber though....Is there anyway to find out how long I've been in RE league anyway? Oh heck, who am I kidding, I'm never going to get in to the Elite Members forum! Not even if I send Mintman that no rightclicking script! I'll never get my website to my expectations and found that I'd need around 53 different cookies for the GSC gym I planned! I give up! Where's the frikkin GSC waterstone!!!!! runs away from computer crying while wearing just a T shirt and undies
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Feb 25, 2004 15:33

Minty exploded...

Boyachi, why is every single one of your Pokémon named after its attacks? I mean, that is just frightening. What is it, instructions for use in battle, if you forget how to use it? *shrugs*
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Rook

Member #112

Feb 25, 2004 15:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 24, 2004 18:57, LeeTupper said:

If you mean making sense, then how'd ol' gobbo, master of dizzying insanity, get there? Oh yeah, brothers.

Brothers? I dunno, Lee. I know Six is Minty's brother, but MG? Ah, well. What do I know?

How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Steven: Ruby/ Sapphire version champion
Camo

Member #5

Feb 25, 2004 16:56
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm also Mintys Brother, well twin, you see what happened was we were conjoined at the brain, then when they split us apart they thought I was dead so they threw me in the sea and forgot all about me, I then landed on the shores of Australia and was raised in the wild by Kangaroos, Koalas and Wombats. I was then destined to come to this site to prove that I was still ok and normal.. Maybe...
LeeTupper

Member #42

Feb 25, 2004 19:23

Yeah, brothers. Mints has continuously complained about the brother held monopoly on BD Creatures, hoping for someone new to send one in.

So, what number member does Elite run up to, anyways?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 25, 2004 20:27

It doesn't run by number any more; at first, it was twenty and under, but not even some of them aren't allowed in (largely due to the fact that they, well, disappeared).

It is determined on a case-by-case basis, typically during the summer, as that is when most new members come by. I look over the people who came and stayed and add them to the list... unless they suck.... or the elder's is keeping up well enough. Thing is, most members who can use the Elder's forum (and complained for it the most) never use it! Which is precisely why I allow more people in from time to time...
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 25, 2004 21:42

Is there anything super special going on in there? I'm isn't it just the honor of the whole thing? I mean, the last time I used Gobbo's name and password to get in, there didn't seem to be anything special! See for yourself:

[Editted by MadGoblin on Feb 25, 2004 21:43]
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 25, 2004 21:51
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

wow you realized how to duplicate the look of the edit brackets. Whoopety-doo! Man, Im tired of yelling at people....
LeeTupper

Member #42

Feb 25, 2004 22:24

We all know that Gobbo is usually too full of alchoholic beverages to even click the edit button.

Actually, he clicks it... but any of the twenty floating in circles on the screen seem to not work that well.

Oh well, here's to virtual items, regardless of how bad they are for being sober!
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 26, 2004 19:55

Yeah... you know, edit brackets can only appear with either my name or the post owner's name, not someone's name you claimed to have hacked...

So.... get a life, foo'.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 27, 2004 18:09

I have no idea what the bugger's goin' on, but I feel obliged to respond. So I do.

And now I am.

And thus I have.
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

boyachi

Member #92

Feb 27, 2004 23:53

Jeez, it was a joke. Ow... *limps a way even farther away from the elite membership*
  And to answer the question about the names...Ida know. It just seemed like the thing to do at the time. Plus, like False Swipe, some of them don't have the move they are named after, like Triattack, my chansey...but this is getting off the forum topic. Thus if I become an elite member, I'll have a name contest for my gym pokemon, is that better?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 2, 2004 13:17

That makes me wonder...I made a lot of meaningless posts, and probably only one or two meaningful ones. In the summer of 2003, I said the most unpredictable things -- don't kill me, it was my leukemia medication

Also, I was away from Reality's End for weeks on end, and, for some reason, no one ever called me a "newb" or "rookie" when I returned. Have people become less polite these days?

LieutenantEagle
  That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 2, 2004 13:50

LE, I just realized you're 2 Member #s below me, though I've always considered you higher ranking than me.
  ...Maybe thats cause I joined the forums, then didn't visit them much for a long time... 'sides, like minty (sort of) said, the numbers don't mean a whole lot, they just show when a member joined.
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 16, 2024 13:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022