Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 18:33 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Best HTML Editor?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lugia7777

Member #79

Feb 20, 2004 1:01
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What do you think guys? I'm debating between Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, 1st Page 2000 and the new version that's coming out soon (if it ever does), and HTML-Kit. Or should I just stick to the simplest of all: Notepad? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Camo

Member #5

Feb 20, 2004 5:27
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd say dreamweaver all the way, although I think Mintman will suggest using notepad....

Its up to you really, choose one of those 2 but, and consider how much time you wanna spend on it.
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 20, 2004 9:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I got a trial copy of an older version of Dreamweaver with a book once and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't tried the other one though, so I can't really say which is better. I wouldn't just use Notepad. It can be handy to have the Tag checkers and whatnot for debugging.
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 20, 2004 19:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Debugging? It is freakin' HTML! What do you need to debug? Ya look at it, and if it don't look right, you just debugged it!

I am against all publishers because they trash up web pages something awful. They insert all sorts of style sheet options and no-break spaces unnecessarily. You cannot forget how they overlap and ruin image layouts -- Frontpage doesn't even guarantee that your site will look remotely the same on someone else's computer, and the others are only slightly better.

Text editors work the best if you actually know HTML. If you do not, use whatever and learn as much about HTML as you can while in the process. No matter what advancements they make, a publisher will never be able to make as sweet or original of layouts and hand-coded HTML.
Lugia7777

Member #79

Feb 21, 2004 2:54
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Out of the list I posted earlier, only Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 was an WYSIWYG. The other two (1st Page 2000 and HTML-Kit) are like souped-up text editors geared towards HTML and CSS. In other words, you still have to type out the code manually there, but at least you can select which tags to put in the web page by clicking on the icon in the toolbar.

Why don't you guys check both out and tell me what you think about those two?
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 23, 2004 13:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

By debugging, I was referring to mostly incorrect tags and other programming languages... and I agree about graphic HTML editors, they do mess up the code. I only used Pagebuilder before I knew anything about HTML, now I'm trying to re-code my stuff and it is a big Pain.
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
Ishamael

Member #142

Feb 23, 2004 23:43

In my opinion, Dreamweaver is the best for a WYSIWYG...meaning...it still sucks

Textpad is a good program for web design, because it has a list of the html characters, like the & n b s p ;, and & e a c u t e (For them to work remove the spaces in the middle.) Since many of these don't make much sense to many people, that box is very useful.

By the way, if you DON'T know how to code in HTML, a good site is http://www.w3schools.com , or a good HTML reference book. Or a good Web Design teacher like I had. W3 Schools doesn't have every little bit of HTML, but it gives you everything you need to make your page better than a WYSIWYG can, unless you master the WYSIWYG, which takes more time and effort than I am willing to spend, especially since the average WYSIWYG costs...about $500 or so, meaning its more than a bit out of my price range.

Ishamael

Now working on a new Gym...hoping it'll be better than before

[Editted by Ishamael on Feb 23, 2004 23:45]

[Editted by Ishamael on Feb 25, 2004 23:13]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 18:33 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022