Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 2:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 4, 2004 13:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Mar 3, 2004 18:14, msanis said:

why would anyone even play a game if you cannot save your progress?!

A lot of old games (esp. for original gameboy) had no save game feature. Think Super Mario Land...
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson
msanis

Member #7

Mar 4, 2004 17:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My answer is simple, that was a VERY early game. It was so short, they did not want to even put a save feature in. Other fine examples would be pong or tetris. Would you really NEED a save feature in those games? In longer games, such as FFCC it is COMPLETELY NECCESARY to have a save feature. Seriously... that would just be ridiculous if it didn't. I assure you Camo, the purchase of the GBASP shall not be in vain.
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 4, 2004 18:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Speaking of which, Batman Returns for SNES has no save feature. I have to beat the game from end to end.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
Camo

Member #5

Mar 4, 2004 21:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Saving progress in games is good, its what gives it that extra awesomeness, even pong, say you have your original pong, vs the all done up pong where you unlock new backgrounds, paddles, balls, music, hell even powerups. It just adds to that addictiveness.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 5, 2004 13:16

Actually, I wish Tetris would have saved High Scores. I had a couple nice ones that I wish would have saved 'cause I never wrote 'em down. I don't even remember how high they were anymore...
There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman, or Michael Jackson. ~Bart Simpson

boyachi

Member #92

Mar 7, 2004 1:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Highest I got was 58053. I had to go eat dinner.
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 8, 2004 13:22

I got into the 100,000's a few times. Problem is, once you get to level 15 or so the pieces are falling too fast to actually move anywhere.

wyvernofab

Member #162

Mar 11, 2004 18:43
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i asked this before, but noone answered. how hard is it to beat ffcc with 1 player?
cheese monkey
msanis

Member #7

Mar 11, 2004 18:49
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Really? It must have slipped my mind... I had thought I answered that. Anyway, one player is not that much more difficult that multiplayer. There are very few instances in which single player is much harder than multiplayer. Some stages such as "Rebena Te Ra" require you to hit two objects in a certain time period. Tasks such as that are done in multiplayer easily... but in single player it can be... difficult. What you need to keep in mind, is that EVERYTHING you can do in two player is possible in single player. Most of the time, the level (and it's puzzles) will be slightly easier if you are playing single player. In those rare instances in which you can't... it could be a pain.

Single player is fun, but multiplayer is the best part of the game. Keep that in mind if you want to get the game JUST for single player.
writer77

Member #4

Mar 11, 2004 20:19

In some instances, single player is actually easier. No arguing over who has to carry the chalice, since the moogle carries it in single player. It's also slightly faster than the normal characters, too.
Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Camo

Member #5

Mar 27, 2004 23:53
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This game is... ok
  Had it for a while now, wasn't gonna post my thoughts till I played it a bit more, but I have finally gotten bored waiting for a challenge to kick in, I've only really played 1 player (think I did bout 8 years) and played a few 2 player games, dunno that many people with GBA let alone the cables, I bought an SP a while back and my bro got a GBA off someone recently, so yeah, just been using them. Multiplayer seems a little challenging (mainly cause I was using a litly and the other dude I was playing was used to turn baseds and I pretty much was constantly curing)
  The bosses are nice but... the making a multiplayer game system (importing chars and stuff) I thought was rather terrible, I've gotten used to it now, but not the greatest system ever.
  Good beginer hack and slash game but not any sort of challenge in my opinion, at least now I got a multiplayer hack n slash that aint to hard for my brother but. Character creation and building is pretty bland, its alright if you are only playing it for a bit, but a maxed out Clavat is exactly the same as another maxed out clavat, that I think is rather terrible.
  Guess this game would be pretty good for more hardcore fans as I hear all the monsters in the game been used in other FF games, but my fav FF thing was chocobos, and the only thing they get is an artifact named after em :S.

If you wanna play a multiplayer RPG, I'd recomend getting PSO way over this one, its a lot more challenging, character creation is excellent, a lot more individuality to your characters, although the magic system isn't as good (Well totally different really) and you dont need to fork out a fortune for GBA and cables just to play.
  Hehe, I think everyone here is hardcore FF fans and I'll be recieving a few words, PERHAPS A BANNING? lol.
msanis

Member #7

Mar 28, 2004 22:47

Hmmmm... I'll respect your opinion on that. But I assure you... the entire game is really not exactly "easy" as you say. As for character creation, I don't think it is bland... but I do agree that characters should have different maxable traits. Multiplayer is great, but you have to know how to effectively use it... as well as have a cooperative partner(s).

What I like about this game is how the storyline gradually builds... near the end of the game it becomes quite... interesting. Gotta love shiny people...
Camo

Member #5

Mar 29, 2004 2:30

Multiplayer (only 2 player for me) is pretty boring as all I do is heal and heal and heal and occaisonaly kill an enemy or 2, ahh well. When precicly does it get interesting? I'm up to the part when you need the ultimate element (obviosly light) but couldn't be f***ed searching for it, do adventure bit in multiplayer.
   I dont mind playing easy games... just buying boring games sucks, 100 bux down the drain :S If the BLACK KNIGHT was the interesting part... well it was stupid.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 29, 2004 12:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Mar 27, 2004 23:53, Camo said:... but my fav FF thing was chocobos, and the only thing they get is an artifact named after em :S.
  I agree with you there, Camie-o-boy. If an FF is without Chocobos (or Moogles, whom I equally love), it just seems wrong. They're just soooo cool! * gets "jiggy" to the chocobo music *
  I mean, it'd be like if an FF was without an uber-hot female character. Talk about a crime!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Mar 29, 2004 18:38

Unless you plan on getting the s***s with moogles, do not get FFCC, theres a moogle following around all through (1 player) the game, and then it keeps getting tired, so you gotta take the chalice off it and walk real slow.
  Suprisingly it was easy enough for my sister (She loves PSO aswell but will only play the forest cause she is actually "scared" of the rest of it) so yeah, played I think 3 years with my sister yesterday. Not many games are easy enough for her, but now I got one that is, so thats kinda ok I guess.
msanis

Member #7

Mar 30, 2004 18:57

I finally beat it. I'm a bit surprised myself as to how the game ended. Alot of the story in the game starts to make sense later in the game. In the beginning it might seem a little repetitive, though. I have noticed, that you really don't understand the actual story unless you actually get into some random encounters.

Also, the game starts to "come together" as you reach the end. The last few parts of the game give a wealth of information, and are also quite challenging... though, I suppose if you are of an extremely high level; it might be easier for you than others.

Anyway... I suppose I can give you a little hint about the desert (nearly impossible with just guessing.)

***Spoilers!!!***

You may find this element within the desert. You can go to the desert by boat... but only after a particular year has passed. The puzzle in the desert is particularly difficult; if you don't know what to do.

1.) Cactus (L)
  2.) Tent (G)
  3.) triangle-shaped rock (East). (F)
  4.) Boulders ...small to large. (B)
  5.) The unseen flower. (H)

***END SPOILERS***

Good luck, and have fun.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 6, 2004 22:59

In my opinion, there should be more stats, or, at the least, Memories could act as a magic defense of sorts.

By the way, could someone help me? Since year 5, the Jegon River has run dry. How do I access that mountain then (the one that you have to pay 500 gil)? For the time being, I am simply completing second cycles on old levels like River Belle Path and Goblin Wall.

Also, when I first equipped the Mythril Shield, it said that its Defense was 15 +8. Later, when I checked again, it said 15 +0.

Finally, one last thing: don't ever throw away your mark of Shella. I did so due to a lack of space, and had to re-enter Veo Lu Sluice just to find another such item. Entering Shella will be helpful to you once you begin collecting crafting materials such as the thunderball and chilly gel. Speaking of entering the Veo Lu Sluice - if you remember on your first cycle, there were stairs leading directly to the water. Well, the water is now gone. If you go down all the way, you can collect a lot of gil in the treasure chests (well...405 gil is a lot of money for me right now).
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
Camo

Member #5

Apr 6, 2004 23:31

Hmmm.. the river has dried up, and so has Veo Lu Sluice??? Really, what would you think you would do :S

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Was gonna reply, but was last to post... sooo...

I got up to the final level, decided to do it with a mate and got up to the last boss, and must say he is rather hard, the whole game was ridiculously easy then bam, up to a hard boss :S first go we had it down to about 2% health, had a pretty good rythm happening, then it went bam bam bam and he died and as I attempted to revive him I got rather deaded, second go we just went reckless, got to the final underground part again but were just going too randomly all out! Got the s***s with it after that, gonna go it another day, its kinda cool but as it has us wanting to play the game again so we can up our defence to bash the big evil turtle thing. I got a chocobo sheild since then Big Smile must say thats one cool sheild and yet another reference to chocobos :D.

[Editted by Camo on Apr 28, 2004 6:02]
surfdude

Member #170

May 1, 2004 15:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Camo do you mean the parasite thingy as the final boss?'cause he is not the last boss. The last boss is the dude who took the knight guy's memories. You also have to beat him in 2 different forms.

Hawai'i surfing rocks!!!!!!

msanis

Member #7

May 2, 2004 10:30

Hehe.... if you think that's hard, the (actual) last boss will completely destroy you. Also, you will see that memories actually DO have a purpose upon facing the boss.

***SPOILERS***

The memories will turn into an odd type of magicite. It releases a random spell. The spells are quite varied; they can be a barrier (makes you temporarily invincible), they can be either of the level three elemental spells, they can be curaga, OR they could be a level 4 elemental spell (you never could normally use one this powerful.)To release the magicite, cast cure.

***END SPOILERS***

The meteor parasite is only the source of Miasma, it is not the one that necessarily feeds off of miasma, however.

***EDIT***
  totally off topic, but I couldn't post my new message in "Chrono Trigger Remake Project!!!", so I had to edit it in. Unfortunately, it didn't have the same effect as posting... so the post remains at the bottom. Anyway, I put some awesome screens in there, you really should at least take a look. Wink

[Editted by msanis on May 2, 2004 10:36]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 20, 2024 2:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022