Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 7:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
msanis

Member #7

Feb 12, 2004 22:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I finally got the game i've been waiting for a year to get; needless to say, I am quite excited. I have not had the opportunity to play yet though (as my family wants to watch Tv at the moment.) Here is the knowledge I have attained about the game at this point:

-Single player game is playable with either a GBA OR a GCN controller.
  -Multiplayer game is ONLY playable with multiple GBA controllers...
  -There are four different races, each of which have a few classes, making 32 choices (male/female).
  -Graphics...are... awesome.
  -Moogles come back as a character that helps you in single-player mode.
  -When connected to the GBAs, each different GBA screen has a different type of "Radar". They also show character stats... and some other stuff.
  -When playing with the Gba, your characters will automatically stay on the edge of the "protective bubble", rather than falling out and dieing.
  -Spells similar to that of FFTA, combining of spells produces varied effects.
  -You can have different "job" classes.

That is all I really know... at the moment. I can't wait 'till I can play. I'll be sure to inform you of the goodness/suckiness of the game. From all of the reviews I have read;the only true downfall to this game is the fact that for multiplayer, each player MUST have a GBA. Other than that, it was reviewed as a very good game. soon we'll see...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Camo

Member #5

Feb 13, 2004 6:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thats about how much I know about it too, and I havn't seen the box, only the official site . I actually went and got a GBA SP yesterday cause of that, I probobly wont get the game, but I know a mate who will and I'll just play with him. Apparently another really terrible thing is the character building and creation. I hear everytime you start a game you loose all magic attacks and start over.

To me it just sounds like all its good points are what PSO did terrible on (graphics, umm popular tittle, better combat system), and all FFCCs downfalls are what made PSO such a great game (character creation, building, item and character management, challenging, everyone having a totally different character with tottally different items).
msanis

Member #7

Feb 13, 2004 11:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*******WARNING Spoilers Are Ahead********

Ok, I have FINALLY played the game I have been waiting for! Let me say this, new game opening... is awesome. Also, magic is indeed lost once you enter a new area. But it is easily attained again (killing a monster or two.) The design of your character revolves entirely around objects found in dungeons called "Artifacts". It was mentioned that all artifacts only give a +1 bonus; and let it be known, they were wrong. You see, though there are indeed those crappy +1 artifacts, some give even larger bonuses. The highest seen so far is +3, and i'm sure you can attain even more. Another good thing, is that you can gain more hearts be use of Artifacts.

The bubble of energy can be a little annoying sometimes, but for the most part; it is no problem, and does not inhibit movement. What they have done for the magic system, is to entirely erase the MP system, and replace it with magicite. Magicite allows you to use magic as much as you want... with no restrictions. Spell fusion occurs when two (or more) players unleash a particular spell at the same time, thus resulting in either an improved version of the original; or an entirely new spell.

In the beginning, you can choose your "Family Trade" (job), in which your parents can give you good deals on armor (blacksmith), or cheap meat (farmer...i think). Your family will do things for you depending on how much they like you, and they also send letters.

Moogles are back in FF:CC... they look a bit... shorter. In fact, if you have some good eyes, you might see quite a few cameos from prior Final Fantasy games.

This game is very challenging as well. Monsters once killed will not pop up again, but each monster actually takes a little while to defeat. Bosses in this game are EXTREMELY difficult. They literally beat the CRAP out of me and my sister. I'll just say this, make sure you have life, cure, and perhaps a pheonix down if you die yourself (automatically revives).

What I don't like with the game, is the fact that you cannot use the camera... it's all automatic. For the most parts the automatic camera works quite well, though. I agree that the character development (character emotions... personality... etc) could've been tweaked a bit more.

Besides a few relatively small problems, the game is AWESOME. But I will say this: To unleash this game's full potential, you MUST play in multiplayer. Though, 1 player is pretty cool too, it is more difficult; and can be insanely difficult (even with Mog). It just cannot be as good as the almighty multiplayer.

[Editted by msanis on Feb 14, 2004 10:58]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2004 22:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lalalalalalalalala I am not listening because I do not want anything to be ruined for me! Must... only read bits and pieces.... can't ruin any of its awesomeness.... it most definantly has.

Awww, how am I supposed to moderate a post that I cannot read?

Awww, why did I just tell all of the members that.
msanis

Member #7

Feb 14, 2004 10:58

Oops! Sorry minty! I should've warned for spoilers... guess I forgot. And yes, it is awesome.

i'll edit the post...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 15, 2004 12:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Don't worry msanis...most of what you just said was already written in my last issue of Nintendo Power

I'm getting the game as early as today; unfortunately, I don't even have a GBA. Blah, no multiplayer for me.

By the way, msanis, which race did you choose? I'm probably choosing Clavat because they are swordbearers; on second thoughts, I might use Yuke because of the magic power.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Ford, #1. Dodge, #1. Toyota, #1.
  Who's #2?!?!?!
Camo

Member #5

Feb 15, 2004 17:50
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think I'll probobly choose the one that looks the coolest, due to the fact that it doesn't really have character design, the unlimited magic thing makes me not want to use a warrior only type character, but the starting with no magic each game does.
msanis

Member #7

Feb 15, 2004 22:26

Defense makes a very large difference in this game, hence I choose Clavats. Clavats are pretty good with attack power, have excellent defense, and the 2nd strongest magic. Actually, I suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble to list the races and their abilities...

***SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS***

Ok, here we go:

Clavats- Human-like in appearance, and wield a sword. Usually have highest defense, but are also quite skilled with magic. Their attack power is the third strongest... but still, quite strong.

Lilties- Peculiar looking race... their head looks like a radish. They are known for the highest Offense, and wield a lance (or something similar). They are known to usually have the second highest defence, but have low magical power.

Yukes- A mysterious race, covered entirely in a peculiar type of armor... you can never see their face under their bird-like masks. In fact, everything about them seems like a bird, as even their hands look like feathers. These people are the greatest wielders of magic in the game, and have the fastest casting time. They do have the lowest defence and offense, however.

Selkies- Another human-like race; seeming like a thief class. Increased speed for focus attacks is what they focus on. Their focus attacks are also the strongest, and they consist of shooting projectiles rather than closing in on the enemy. They wield a staff-like weapon. They have slightly increased speed, usually have the second highest offence, the third highest defence, and the third highest magical power.

***End Spoilers***

As you can see, the races are quite diverse. The most well-rounded character is the Clavat (in my opinion). Though, selkies are quite nice as well. It is all based upon opinion, really. I myself usually would choose the clavat.

Single player is pretty cool, it is pretty underrated... I actually like it alot as well. Though, the shining jewel in this game is multiplayer. No other game I've played has a system of multiplayer quite like it... very impressive.

[Editted by msanis on Feb 15, 2004 22:29]
Camo

Member #5

Feb 17, 2004 5:20

speed.... does this increase how fast you can move about (treasure hog ) and/or how fast you can repeatedly attack?
msanis

Member #7

Feb 17, 2004 18:30

Yes, the spell called Speed does indeed make you run, attack, and cast spells faster. Though, the counteracting spell called slow does exactly the opposite.

*spoilers*

The way spells work in this game, allows for multiple effects. Just switching around the elements, or setting of the spell in a different way may cause a different reaction. I have noticed that I occasionally get my weapon to have an elemental charge called strike! which can be done by casting a spell, and then using a focus attack directly after that spell is cast.

*end spoilers*

The only bad side for me, if that with school and everything... I seem to be forgetting alot of homework in order to play the game. -.-

[Editted by msanis on Feb 17, 2004 18:31]
Camo

Member #5

Feb 17, 2004 19:43

Who does homework anyways? Just dont worry about homework and you'll be right! When I said speed I meant the speed of a character, like there fastness
msanis

Member #7

Feb 17, 2004 22:10

Oops! Sorry, I didn't really think you were referring to actual character speed. With added speed, I do think you may attack at a faster rate, and will likely have a slightly faster running speed than other characters.

Though, that probably refers to physical speed. Selkies have physical speed, while Yukes have magical speed. Though, magical speed doesn't really have much to do with speed such as running speed... but more like casting speed.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 2, 2004 13:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm, msanis...."Strike" attacks are possible in two ways. First, you can have a teammate/Mog use Fire/Thunder/Ice, then charge up your Focus Attack and stack target rings - if Mog, beware of leaving the miasma. Second, you can fuse together a Magicite and an unused weapon - now that I have Copper Sword, Marr Sword, and Steel Blade, I can keep Steel Blade equipped and use the Marr Sword for Thunderstrike (why Thunder? because I have a Thunder Ring, allowing me to always use Thunder, without magicite).

I thought the instruction manual said that the Lilties wield spears? At any rate, even without Haste spells, Yukes have decreased magic-powerup time, and Selkies can charge Focus Attacks faster.

A question to all who have played the game - has anyone obtained any of the third-level elemental spells (Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga)? Even with the Thunder Ring, I am never lucky enough to find two stones of Thunder. Also, is there a maximum number of Hearts you can obtain? What I mean by that is if I beat the game, then load my character into someone else's multiplayer mode option, and beat the game there, and continue...or do you revert to the original four hearts when exporting? I don't know, I don't have a GBA.

Finally, how is Thundaga+2 obtained? Originally, I thought that everyone uses Thundaga; now, however, I realize that spells may only be fused in battle.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------

That's l-i-e-u-t-e-n-a-n-t
wyvernofab

Member #162

Mar 2, 2004 18:31
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

how hard is it to beat the game with 1 player? *looks around at empty room and sighs*
cheese monkey
Camo

Member #5

Mar 2, 2004 18:49

Hows multiplayer work? Like me and 2 mates got GBAs with link cables and one of my mates gets CC on the 14th I think and we going multiplayer (dunno a 4th lad with GBA :'( - well now I got one a few lads thinking bout getting one, its also how amazingly re accepted pokemon is to all the 100% anti pokemon people when you have a GBA in class, wooo those graphics! haha). So just wondering how you load up multiple characters, I got 3 cards (thanks to PSO and wanting to make more characters) but like, how does it work transferring characters and stuff, how many memory cards can you use in one game? Like is the limit 2 or can 4 people with there own card use there 4 cards? Still no idea which character I plan on using, probobly one that can just belt up enemies, and use support magic, if thats possible.
msanis

Member #7

Mar 2, 2004 19:55

I'll try to answer the following questions as best as possible...

Thundaga, Firaga, and Blizzaga require three magicite of the corresponding element. I have gotten all three spells, and I must say; they are VERY impressive. The fill most of the screen and do extremely high damage. It is usually difficult to find the magicite needed, but it is very rewarding if you manage to.

1-player is not THAT hard in comparison to multiplayer. The only level I've noticed that 1-player has a disadvantage over multiplayer is Te Ra. This level (in multiplayer) would have to players cast different spells on little podiums, and then destroy them in order to open a magic barrier. They regenerate at an extremely fast rate, and it is BARELY possible to do in single-player mode.

In multiplayer, you connect all of your GBAs to the GCN. Turn the power on both the GCN and the GBA and you will notice the the GBA is loading something. It does take a small amount of time to load however... so don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. When loaded just click "New Game". After doing that, click multiplayer. After the pretty opening, you will come to a screen that has a menu. Click "Set out" and you will come to a screen displaying how many new players can be created. Click the empty space to create a new character. The information regarding character creation will be displayed on your GBA. After completing character creation for every person, the game will show a small intro showing your family sending you off in the caravan. Thus begins the game.

Feel free to ask any other questions... 8)
Camo

Member #5

Mar 2, 2004 23:39

So each time you load the game you have to start new characters? multiplayer characters cant be saved? Well seems getting a GBASP was a waste of buxs after all :S
msanis

Member #7

Mar 3, 2004 18:14

What the...

Of course it can be saved Camo, where in God's name did you get the idea it CANNOT be saved?!!? What you had asked for was how to begin playing multiplayer, you had NEVER asked on how to save the game... so I suppose the means I have to, right?

Ok, listen; and listen well. You may save your game by going into the menu (the world map menu) and then clicking something called "Save Game" (or something to that effect.) To get into this menu, simply click "B" while on the world map. I have no way of proving this, but I think you may have to keep retrying to save if you have a Memory card that is not made by Nintendo. You can save your game... there is no problem with it at all.

Feel free to ask more questions... but come on, have some common sense! OF COURSE a game will give you a way to save the game... why would anyone even play a game if you cannot save your progress?!
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 3, 2004 21:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is Cloud Strife in it? or is he to busy making his movie? Advent *calendar* Children looks sweet, plus Barret's gonna be in it.
The Summer of the Dawn is here. However, it is experiencing technical problems and should be fixed by... this summer.
msanis

Member #7

Mar 3, 2004 22:10

I don't know where people get the idea that FF:CC is related to FF7... but it seems o be thought by many, since I am asked that quite alot. My answer, no. Cloud is not in FF:CC, nor are any character in FF7. FF7 was a great game, but the characters in that game wouldn't work well in this one.

Though, don't get me wrong; the lack of those characters doesn't negate the fact that FF:CC is an awesome game.

lant [moogle] {15}

I don't know why I'm planting this...

oh wait... it doesn't work... Never does...

[Editted by msanis on Mar 3, 2004 22:16]

[Editted by msanis on Mar 3, 2004 22:20]

[Editted by msanis on Mar 3, 2004 22:22]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 25, 2024 7:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022