Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 7:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: he who knows nothing

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
wyvernofab

Member #162

Feb 9, 2004 19:31
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i dont know how 2 start a website. help?

[Editted by wyvernofab on Feb 9, 2004 19:32]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 9, 2004 20:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah, here is something you can get some helps on.

First thing to know is that any sort of web page publisher or basic editor sucks. You want to do all your stuff in straight HTML even if you are not good at it. The fact of the matter is, you will be good at it if you keep using it.

You also need an easy host to start out. Angelfire has been sucking up a storm recently, so your next best bet is Geocities. If you do use Angelfire, you can read up on their Webmonkey help, which is not too bad for beginners.

I recommend doing some book readin' on HTML. On-line tutorials tend to be very glib when it comes down to the specifics. There are a lot of little things you need to know to help your site along, even things as simple as how to link images (/ buts you at a domain, ../ is up a directory, ./ is the current directory, which you would think is worthless to know, but its not!). Something as small as that can prevent you from having to type out your entire URL every time you want to put down an image.

But, the most important thing about making a web site involves code of no sort. It is all about what your website will be about. If your site is to do well, it must be original. If you want to make a cheats site or something, you can really just forget about it; the internet has been around much longer than you, and most positions are filled. If you really want, you can try, but it is much easier (and better) to find a niche for your site that is as of yet unfilled.
VinnyD

Member #9

Feb 10, 2004 20:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And learn from me, do not start a website for no reason. A REL gym is good, but keep in mind what you want it to be, I still have no idea what my site is or will be about, in fact ima gonna check to make sure it isnt something stupid again. And yeah, even if anybody else out there thinks they are above html, buy a book about it, I did, and its all gotten a lot easier and clearer to me, seeing as i have barely read any!!! But i wont have time for that for a while anyway so it doesnt matter. The one style of website I hate thought is the typical AOL or Geosites ones where somebody describes themesleves and their friends, and lol this site is so funny, look I ripped a picture off another site, that means Im good right? Oh well! Argh, and the thing is, these people sound more idiotic than they are, if they actually had any experience, then their sites wouldnt suck so bad. So my advice is, dont, just make a gym, until you have half a grand to plop down on flash, then figure that out and use it.
Camo

Member #5

Feb 11, 2004 2:05
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

haha, my site wasn't ever really about anything, well bout me pretty much, from when I first made "cameronslair" to when I started TST, although after making it TST I pretty much decided to make it dedicated to music/live music/local music bla bla bla and at the same time lost interest in building a website, and dont know anywhere to keep all the pics I've taken to upload.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 7:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022