Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 3:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: virtual items!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Foshi

Member #158

Jan 26, 2004 20:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okies, I'm gonna try and plant a tree, and there's nothing you can do about it!
  * plants a beer tree *

Happy Haunaka? MadG!
"Yesterday it worked.
  Today it is not working.
  Windows is like that."
  ~Haiku
Sword
VinnyD

Member #9

Jan 26, 2004 21:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ole! Well now that we have these items we"ll need more functions!! Aha dance mintman, dance!!!!
  * picks a virtual beer and asks, "wait dont these come from bushes???" *
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 26, 2004 23:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If only I was Jewish! ... and had a larger keg!

Beer? Aw, that stuff has less than 100 proof. Oh, well, I'ma total tankard.

* picks a virtual beer ravenously like the demented drunkard he is... for serious! *

* needs his medicine! *
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 27, 2004 24:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual beer to wash away his pain, i.e. memories of his life *

Yeah, virtual items largely have the purpose of being able to become virtual armory for Forum, the RPG. What that means is, well, just about anything. I could turn this beer into armor or a weapon. Pretty much anything goes; the item just makes it sound better.

* wields a Poison Pie into a cannon *
  * uses Landsmite *
  * is overcome by the power of Earth *
  * greatly increases in power *
  * unleashes a powerful blow against VinnyD *

* mastered new skill Artifice *

.... yeah, that is gonna be wacky
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jan 27, 2004 6:11
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*picks 16 beers from the tree and makes like a train*

I got my new Bass today

[Editted by Camo on Jan 27, 2004 22:29]

[Editted by Camo on Jan 27, 2004 22:30]
VinnyD

Member #9

Jan 27, 2004 7:32
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh no you don't, too many people have landsmited me in the past
  How do I do this again, aha!
  *Becomes engulfed in ice.
  *Uses Frost Blade!
  *Rips Minty a new one!

Gigas of the ice and cold. Wielder of the sword of Aegis and Rhaknam revolver. The next step in a legacy. Choose a destiny, and you will change existance!

[Editted by VinnyD on Jan 27, 2004 7:33]

[Editted by VinnyD on Jan 27, 2004 7:34]
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 27, 2004 19:23

Out of curiosity, how come some posts put the picking part in italics and bold while others are just in plain text? Is that because the tree has exhausted its supply?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 27, 2004 19:45

In truth, I don't think they're picking it right. Like, they are typing out plain "* picks whatever *" instead of using the colon and command. That's just what I think is happening. I don't think Emem has it screwy.
Rook

Member #112

Jan 27, 2004 20:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual beer and gets busted for underage drinking *
  $#!&
How did it feel meeting so many trainers like yourself in your travels? What was awoken inside you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!

~ Steven: Ruby/ Sapphire version champion
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 27, 2004 20:35

Gobbo is correct; people are stupid.

The italices (and bold apparently, in your computer's case ) and asterisks surrounding a picking along with the pick being the only thing on a line show that it is an actual :pick statement. Otherwise, people are failing to realize that this actually is a firmly engraved part of the forum now.

And Vinny, your post was all wrong! I mean, you got iced before you used your command! Forum, the RPG works like this:
  -Cast spell
  -Bottle it or set as a trap
  -Summon
  -Element it up
  -Modify offense and defense and such
  -Deal damage

Of course, it would only be that long if you made your skill that long. See, FtRPG works on one basic thing -- skills. I have a huge list of them: Strike, Blast, Defend, Ward, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Dark, Light, Animal, Plant, Spirit, Summon, Potion, Trap, Steal, Heal, Dispel, Power, Weak, Concentrate, Break, Disrupt, Drain, Haste, Slow, and that is just the beginning. From this list, you make up your commands, whose final effect will be determined by which skills you put into it. Once a command is made, it can never be unmade. Also, out of the skills, only two do damage: Strike and Blast. As you can tell by that fact, this will be a largely strategic play. Expect something like a bad episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! in which everything is just countering something else.

See, everyone starts with the class Adventurer and the skill Strike, which is a plain ol' physical attack. There are a few skills open to you from Adventurer (not blutty many, tho'), the most prominent of which are Power, Blast, Heal, and Steal, each of which are the one key component to Class Change into a Fighter, Mage, Priest, and Rogue respectively. From there, you become able to learn more skills and change into different classes with even more skills. The idea is to land a class that will allow you to learn the skills you need to craft your perfect command(s), plus to get a coolio unique class skill.

Welp, I hope that blew your mind. What should also be pretty wack for you all is that every one of those skills I mentioned above can be used on its own. Yes, you can actually just Summon without any other skill attached to it -- it will cause no damage or anything. You just Summon. Think that's strange? What do you think Potion does without anything else?

Also, if you have not realized yet, you get to name your command whatever you want, so my Earth-Power-Strike Landsmite did not have to have that name; it would probably default at "Strong Rock" or something lame.
Camo

Member #5

Jan 27, 2004 22:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I want my virtual beer, lets see if I can get it now

* picks a virtual beer *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 28, 2004 22:16

Hmmm, I can't find where to register for virtual item making
  Wait a sec, does that mean in order for me to
  break wind
  I'd have to level up? Man...
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn. Very soon. Honestly. Picking up on the virtual-edible-multiflavor-jawbreaker-candles. Got any drill skimmers?
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 29, 2004 13:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Register for virtual-item making? There's nothing to register. You just type : plant [type of tree] {# of fruit} (without the space after the colon) in a topic with 10+ posts and no other trees. The # of fruit part isn't necessary, but the rest is. Oh, and don't capitalize, I just learned that.
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Doh! Forgot to get a beer. Can you get items in edits yet? To be safe I'll just wait till someone else posts.

[Editted by Battalon127 on Jan 29, 2004 13:28]
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 29, 2004 20:00

Learning. Good for you.

* gives Battalon127 a virtual Pie *

Anywho, I dunno what you are talking about. There is no registration for making virtual items or leveling up -- ever. I mean, all that talk about Forum, the RPG is speculative-future talk, not stuff that is already implemented. This is what I get for discussing such matters in forum posts that no one reads, or reads fully, at least.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 29, 2004 20:18

Speaking about virtual items, is there any way to tell how many of an item there are left on a tree, or do people have to guess? Also, I had heard before that trees were meant to grow along with the post. What exactly is going to happen on that concept?
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jan 30, 2004 1:46
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Pole vaults and

* picks a virtual beer at 20 miles per hour in midair. *
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 30, 2004 13:34

It seems to me that there is an infinite amount (despite MM having said something about default yield being 5) since I have seen quite a few people picking from the same tree. Maybe a message appears if there is no more "fruit" and someone tries to pick.
  * picks a virtual beer to drink with pie *
  Mmm, pie...
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 30, 2004 20:07

I said the default value is five; a planter can set it to have up to twenty-five items on it.

Growing with the posts -- oh, yeah. That is how I was supposed to restrict people from taking too much items of a tree. It grew a new fruit for every reply made that didn't pick from it with consideration of a small starting value.

This is what I get for thinking up of a concept and implementing it on the very same day

Trees are still young. I probably can still put the growing thing in with 'em. It is a lot better than them running out, which, by the way, you will be able to tell after I update for tonight by a warning and refusal to post the forums will give you if the tree runs out.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 30, 2004 22:38

Hey, then maybe to people who want to plant as many trees as possible on these forums, past posts could be revived and then people could plant trees on those posts. Maybe eventually I'll get around to posting something useful in a post with a tree and then pick a virtual item that I (specifically under my "qualifications") want.
msanis

Member #7

Jan 31, 2004 12:35
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

ok... apparently you can't pick something if you do it in an edit of a prior post... oh the sorrow...

* picks a virtual beer *

So...uh... does that meant I have beer AND crack? Wheeee!!!
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 16, 2024 3:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022