Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 20:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: The Last Samurai!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Blade

Member #99

Jan 17, 2004 3:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I saw The Last Samurai movie. I thought it was awesome and if you want to see a movie this is it. There is lots of bloody battle and it is a bit sad at the end. It is well worth seeing
Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go To heal my heart and drown my woe. Rain may fall and wind may blow. And many miles be still to go. But under a tree I will lie, And watch the clouds go sailing by. -Drinking song
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 17, 2004 13:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I want to see it just to spite people! They were all like "Why is Tom Cruise in a Samurai movie? That's stupid." Stupid people. I mean, it is obvious from even movie posters that he is not supposed to be Japanese. And whities did go over there way back when. Who wouldn't want all the booty that Japan holds? Plus they had a lot of luxuries, too. That is what I assume the movie is about: Europe fighting a confused empire.
Six_Grey

Member #74

Jan 17, 2004 16:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why is Tom Cruise in a Samurai movie? That's just stupid... Oh, I mean... er... ummmm- I lyke pie! Speaking of movies- they have pics of Cat Woman up here for the new CatWoman movie w/ Halle Barry... http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Catwoman/The_Movie/Movie_Stills And has anyone seen the full length Spider-Man 2 trailer? With Doc Ock throwing the car through the window at Peter and MJ??? My god it’s full of starrs... When it showed Doc climbing the building at the end- I think I peed a little! Go here to check it out http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/ And even sooner than! OMG Hellboy the movie!!! You MUST see thys trailer! http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/hellboy/ ...and ummm, they got a Dawn of the Dead re-make coming out soon- Written by the guy who did The Specials (yay!) and Scooby Doo (ummm...yay?) So here’s hopping that does not suck on ice!

[Editted by Six_Grey on Jan 17, 2004 16:39]
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 17, 2004 20:13

Mmmmm, hopping. It is like having hope, but with more al-co-hol involved. Hellboy's finally gonna come out? Sweet deal! Let it deliver us from the recent suckage wave of comic book inspired movies! Yes, Spidey looks sooooo sweet. Now that they got his origin out of the way (because, you know, they needed to recap that in the first movie since it is not like everyone in the world already knows it..... *cough*) they can get down to good stuff.... like Doc Ock throwing cars around. *drooling*
Blade

Member #99

Jan 18, 2004 21:05

When Isaw the ad for the last samurai i thought " oh boy another tom cruise movie" but I think he played a good part in the movie
Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go To heal my heart and drown my woe. Rain may fall and wind may blow. And many miles be still to go. But under a tree I will lie, And watch the clouds go sailing by. -Drinking song
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 18, 2004 21:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What about The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King? In my opinion, the movie was excellent (Gollum should win Oscar for Best Thing, according to TIME magazine); however, Peter Jackson should not have removed the Scouring of the Shire. Now people are all asking me, "So what happened to Saruman?" Oy. Also, has anyone played LotR:RotK for GCN/PS2/X? The amount of perfect kills possible has now tripled from the maximums in Two Towers: in the Palantir of Saruman in RotK, I got 121 Perfect Kills, as opposed to my record of 67 Perfect Kills in the Hornburg Courtyard with Aragorn in TT.
LieutenantEagle Fatal signature error 103: DubyaSpeak quote limit exceeded Post Scriptum Could someone tell me if a 500 Error is an Internal Server Error? I'm making HTACCESS-powered custom error pages on my website, and I don't want my pages to be showing something when the real error is something completely different.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jan 19, 2004 24:25
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think Lord of The Rings: Return of the King was awesome, except for the fact that it felt rushed; too much was crammed into it from the end of the previous book. That, and all the many parts cut out, like The Watchers.
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 19, 2004 13:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yess Smeagol thinks too much iss cuts out as well. But if the movie went on any longer we would have had to leave to pee and we swore we would not leave the movie. We swore it on the PRECIOUS!!!
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush
If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
Blade

Member #99

Jan 19, 2004 17:53

Yes LOTR:RoTK felt a bit rushed and I was annoyed about the scouring of the shire not being their too. Non- book readers might be a bit annoyed about the scouring of the shire tho'. SPOLER: The end was good with frodo going to the elven isles and it showing Sam's family .
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 19, 2004 19:20

I still think Peter coulda gotten away with my idea, even though it probably seem extreme at first, and actually made each book into a movie, and I mean "book" as in the numbered halves of each third of the novel. Six movies, baby! And, remember, he got so crazy towards the end there where each movie is about four hours anyways, so is it really any different?
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jan 19, 2004 19:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Woah! That is an awesome idea! It would drive me crazy waiting for each movie, though.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 20, 2004 24:33

For once people, it's not Elven Isles, it's the Grey Havens. I've played so much Wind Waker now that hearing of another island just sickens me EDIT: Hm, didn't anyone notice I made a mistake?

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jan 21, 2004 17:07]
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 21, 2004 16:33

Ah, Wind Waker, I really like *shouts at LE* WINDFALL ISLAND!
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 22, 2004 13:16

In defense of my knowlegde of LOTR, I noticed, I just haven't had much posting time the last couple of days. I just read and move on.
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush
If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 20:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022