Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 10:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Pomegranates!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 17, 2004 1:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just bought a pomegranate today, and I gots to say, them things is freaky!

I mean, I always remembered reading out them in myth and stuff (such as Persephone and Hades) and being a seedy fruit, but did you know that they are nothing but seeds? (And yes, this is pretty much all the post is going to be about; live with it.) I mean, the actual flesh is few and nasty, not even considered edible by most sources. The seeds carry a li'l sac of deep red juice around 'em, making them dee-licious.

KK gives the pomegranate his random-fruit-he-buys-at-the-supermarker-due-to-boredome approval.

I was also doing some reading about them, and 'parently it has some connections to the unicorn (of all things). I guess it is not that popular an aspect of it since it largely occurs in French bestiaries. Anywho, the unicorn's horn apparently bleeds pomegranate seeds. How odd is that? It is also to a pomegranate tree a unicorn is tied after being captured. This is because its juice looks so much like blood. Mmmmm, blood.

If you have just read through this entire post, you may just be in desperate need of a life
msanis

Member #7

Jan 17, 2004 15:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Correct, I am a complete loser. affirmative, I have no life.

Though... it is a very wierd topic for you to bring up, I have indeed had one only ONCE before. they're ok I guess... but it's like the inverse of an apple.

Rather than eating juicy flesh and avoiding horrible seeds, you cut through the tough flesh to get to the juicy seeds...

Odd... but not a bad fruit I guess... it's just annoying, when you think that it takes forever to eat a bunch of seeds...rather than just biting it.

Who would hav known Unicorn blood could be so tasty.
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Six_Grey

Member #74

Jan 17, 2004 16:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, MINT! You fool! Hown many of thyne seeds didst thou eatith? Doomed- doomed I sayith, you arest nowith Hades’ Bride for those yon months! He shalt makeith you his bitchith!
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 17, 2004 20:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What? No I shall not, because that's you!

Seriously tho', that only happened to Persephone because she ate it while in the Underworld. The fact that it was a pomegranate had nothing to do with it; just eating did.

But yes, Unicorn blood is tasty. Well, it is when it comes from its horn, at least, for that is from where it bleeds the seeds. *mental image* Kinda disturbing if you think about it
Six_Grey

Member #74

Jan 17, 2004 22:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Nota I! ONLY YOU!!!

And you are in the underworld, Dudge... Look how cold it is there in Mayberry, Spurrberry- whateva!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 18, 2004 21:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey MintMan,
  I'll have a scary fact for you. Did ya know that in the Russian language, "pomegrenate" is simply called a "grenade"?

You must by now realize how shocked I was when my parents offered me to eat "an explosive" for the first time in my life.
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 19, 2004 13:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jan 17, 2004 1:28, MintMan said:

If you have just read through this entire post, you may just be in desperate need of a life

Not a life, time killers in study hall. Hmm, methinks pomegranates (had to cut and past since I can't actually spell "pomegranates") would make an interesting virtual item to pass around. Mmm, pomigranits (that one was my spelling)!
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 19, 2004 21:34

Yes, the Grenade thing is also French. In fact, it is from France that the deadly explosive was made and named after the fruit. I think they saw similarity somehow.
  Must be the seeds.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jan 20, 2004 24:21
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That unicorn info was new to me. Does anyone know of other myths or legends the pomegranate appears in?
Camo

Member #5

Jan 20, 2004 3:01
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I never knew unicorns and grenades where so closely related, I think its time we all imagined 'the hero' riding into battle on a grenade, and to also consider na'm veterins grabbing the unicorn from there belt, pulling out the pin then throwing it before it bursts into peices.

Ahh the joy of thinking bout na'm, war sucks, but na'm, just say it, thats probobly not how you spell it, but its good.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 20, 2004 22:30

The site I read the unicorn thing from was a Pomegranate site, actually. I think it was for POM (with a heart shaped O). It was actually their grenadges that I bought from the supermarket!
  They had an entire page with myths the grenade appears in. Just about every religion considers it sacred for some reason.

Speaking of pomegranates, boo supermarket! I had to get a money order, and that is the only place I know to get 'em around here. Freakin' grenades went up a quarter since last Friday! What gives? They were the same produce there today as were there last week, and in just as numerous a supply. You would think age would drive down the price or something.... bah! I instead got me a pummelo or something weird like that. It is a giant citrus fruit. Might be good....

As for virtual grenades, I am tinkering with code for a tree which people could pick virtual items off of. Anyway say Virtual Pie Tree?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 21, 2004 12:18

Well, Ems, I think you threw off there delicate balance of supply and demand.

Pimply Stock Boy: "Eee, Mr. Supervisor, someone actually bought a pomegranate!"
  Mr. Supervisor: "Eegad, man! Those are the only pomegranates we have! ... ever! They've been sitting in that box for hundreds of years! We just built the store around them. Well, we can't have them running out... Raise the price! Exactly by... one quarter! Mwahahahahaaaa!"

And thus Mr. Supervisor went on to kick a puppy and reveal himself to be the devil. So, you see, Emmy, it all makes sense in the end... if you're as hammered as I am... which isn't humanly possible.
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Jan 21, 2004 15:39
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've seen hammeredera........

You still seem sober enough to type without falling on your face, congrats.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 21, 2004 16:26
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I guess MG could have had his head hit the keyboards and randomly hit those keys, but the chances are... uh, absurdly small...

boyachi

Member #92

Jan 21, 2004 21:48

I love those palmagranites!(and their correct spelling)
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
Camo

Member #5

Jan 23, 2004 6:47

Just refere to them as grenades, is that even how you spell grenade?
  Maybe even just unicorn blood fruit.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 25, 2004 12:14

Yep, gre-nade. I just looked it up in my trusty dictionary.

Grenadiers are soldiers that use grenades, and grenadine is a pomegranate syrup. Mmm-mm!

And at long last, here is the moment that none of you have been waiting for!

* drum roll *

* plants a Pomegranate tree *

Huh-zah! Behold! The Pomegranate tree! With this simple feature, Forum the RPG comes closer to site than ever.

See, trees are made utilizing the following command, just like give:
  :plant [tree type] {# of fruit optional}
  The default yield on a tree is five if no other number is given.
  Trees may only be planted in posts with ten or more replies and no other trees currently occupying it. The tree should also have something to do with the post and why other members should be able to pick its fruit.
  :pick {description}
  In the spirit of Forum the RPG, you may pick fruit in a more flavorful way, such as
  :pick like a fox!
  * picks a Pomegranate like a fox! *
  with the underlined portion being the result of the description; otherwise, you just plain pick it.
  The above is just a demonstration; whomever plants a tree may not take any of its fruit. Also notice that you do not have to type out the fruit's name; if you try to, it will be removed so that strange results like
  * picks a Pomegranate pomegrante *
  do not happen on account of the description.

Now, despite the name of tree and fruit and other terminology (such the possible chop moderator command to end stupid trees), a tree does not have to be a fruit or even a tree for that matter. You can make taco trees, spear trees, or even backhand trees whenever newbies come around.
  * gives StupidNewb a Backhand *

Okay now, do not go crazy with this thing. Currently, it only works in replies -- not edits. Also, if you do decide to plant anything, try not to plant anything that someone is a factory of, like Pie or Cookies.

This is revolutionary, believe it or not, because trees -- planting and picking -- operate on meta-posts that exist in between real posts but you cannot see. They are "posted" by a user named empty-space, which sends the system into special handling, usually skipping the post so that the numbering is not messed up.
  This means that full-on combat and Forum the RPing is just around the corner! Boo-yah!
Sword
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jan 25, 2004 15:13

Forum Rpg, huh? That sounds interesting. Now, let's see if this works.

* picks a virtual Pomegranate with a robotic arm *

Edit: Thanks for the item.

[Editted by Lunar_Mage on Jan 25, 2004 15:15]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 25, 2004 16:29

Oh, that's right. only really I have been privy to the many (soon to be) workings of Forum, the RPG. 'Cuz I'm special! And the magical gnomes only talk to me about their magical secrets! Yes, that's right, Ems is, in fact, one of these magical gnomes. The mystery of RE has thus been revealed!

* picks a virtual Pomegranate to produce al-co-hol! *
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 25, 2004 17:08

Wow, those crazy descriptions that I allow people to make rock. 'Tis a good thing I thought of 'em last minute.

Lemme see. What else can I tell about Forum, the RPG? The gyst of it is that there are forums. Certain forums exist for the purpose of having an RPG on them. The RPG is just incarnate in this forum, correct?
  FTRPG is the reverse situation. There already exists the R.E. Forums. An RPG of these forums is being made, thus it is not a RPG Forum, but rather a Forum RPG.
  Confused yet? I know I am.
  Anyway, I think I am going to have to make a seperate board for hard-core stupid fake RP situations, especially since people are gonna want to class change and get their skills up. Yes, all of those aspects exist in the game, and for really no good reason as far as I can tell. I guess it would get pretty fun if arguments ever started up -- you could try and kill each other

And now, some more testing (to show I cannot get the stuff):
  * cannot pick from a tree you planted *
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 20, 2024 10:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022