Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 21:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Projects

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 7, 2004 23:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, as things get colder, they start to slow down.
  Thus it is quite possibly that it was just so cold that time crawled at a sluggish pace. Seeming that if you blinked, by the time you finished, you'd be in the future, which even in normal standards would be true.
  Now the chance that this has anything that is relevent to the game is quite low, especially since I never played it, but honestly, what is with all the Sephiroth clones running about?
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn. Very soon. Honestly. Picking up on the virtual-edible-multiflavor-jawbreaker-candles. Got any drill skimmers?
msanis

Member #7

Feb 8, 2004 1:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry Minty, 'twas not meant to be interpreted that way. I was just a bit surprised that there was no mention of those two games. Though, you are right... they aren't a traditional Rpg. Action Rpgs are close enough for me.

One sucky attempt at a secret of Mana clone was Secret of Evermore...

I guess it wasn't THAT bad, but it wasn't exactly... my favorite. I guess I just didn't understand the concept that well... stupid alchemy system
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 8, 2004 2:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, "traditional" RPGs are not even real RPGs if you are talking about most console RPGs. They simply use a true RPG-inspired battle system -- that is it.

The only true RPG I have ever even seen on SNES was Eye of the Beholder. Man that game was hard... prolly why I never beat it. Super's graphical superiority over the classic NES made real RPGs much less common. Oh those text computer games turned terrible NES copies were ever so much fun!

And yes, SoEvermore did suck hard. I rented it once and played it very little, or maybe it was purchased and promptly returned -- I cannot remember which.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 8, 2004 9:27

Huh. I know it was rented, but I could have sworn I was the one who played it for not even five minutes before saying "waste of money!"

Heh. RPGamer had a screenshot update for SoE, and they had a lil' bit about it that was just humourous.

Originally said by RPGamer on 1/25/04
The year was 1995. Squaresoft released its ground breaking, time-traveling RPG Chrono Trigger which went down in history as one of the greatest RPG's of our time. This isn't its story. This is the story of Secret of Evermore, released a couple months later to not so rave reviews and ended up being thought of like that strange cousin that no one talks about.

Heh. Reminds you of your family, don't it, anyone?
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

msanis

Member #7

Feb 9, 2004 17:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oddly enough, that description works quite well. Though, Secret of Evermore (as far as I can remember) was not based on time travel at all. It was based on different... well, to tell you the truth... the entire concept made no sense. The people who went through the machine thiny originally had gotten a "world" that they had wanted to live in. But by simply moving around the globe, you would enter new areas (which were like different time zones.)

Compared to Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore was a smelly (and bad tasting) jellybean. Horrible.

What confuses me the most, is the fact that rather than releasing the widely popular Seiken Densetsu 3 in America, they decided to bring forth the horrible SoE. Very bad dicision on Square's (or now Square-Enix's) part.

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Feb 9, 2004 17:35]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 18, 2024 21:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022