Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Sep 23, 2020 4:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: A Forum Divided

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 18, 2003 22:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am getting really tired of all these piddle help topics springing up in the BD and RE League forums. I mean, you know, the n00b stuff that is just asking about things that could easily be found in the help files or elsewhere on the site.

Thus why I am heavily considering keeping the BD and REL board, but then adding beneath each of them the Battling Dragons Help and RE League Help boards. That would allow normal game conversations to go on without idiocy being sprinkled within. I mean, in the last two months, 90% of the BD topics have had only one or two replies -- because they are just simple questions that get answered and go dead! That is not what forums are for, and I know people have complained before about how they detest seeing new topics and instead have to go read through boring "What level does the nidhogg egg hatch??????" posts.

Whaddaya think?
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 18, 2003 22:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I tried once to bring back the help post in the RE league forum... and the only person that posted on it when it was again on the first page was the post to get it back up there...so what i'm saying is, what's going to make people use it and not just post other places. Just look at gametalk.com 99% of questions asked about final fantasy games can be answered in the best tips section, but slim to none check there first.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
msanis

Member #7

Dec 19, 2003 18:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Man of Mint, not even that is neccesary. Just make one thread in each forum based on help, then sticky it to the top of the board. There you go, problem solved. Making an entire new board would just be a waste of time, you'd be better off making a help topic...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 19, 2003 18:45

Okay, first, I would have to make a sticky function, which is truthfully a stupid thing to do. Second, people would actually have to be intelligent enough to read that it is a sticky help topic -- which they will not because they did not find their answer as easily as it could be in the FAQ or any of the other places they are bombarded with. Third, creating a topic in place of a forum would mean that one topic would become thousands of replies long in and of itself -- not to good on the load for any server, which is why forums exist to break down these things instead of having single, long chains.

You have to remember that help accounts for about half of what is asked in these forums -- maybe more. One post for that would not be a good idea.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 19, 2003 20:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wxactly MM! They wouldn't be able to find it. Aorry for the positive attitude, but I'm pretti sure these newbs are gonna just keep posting where ever they want. After all, if they're not going to be smart enough to just check the help FAQs before going though all of the stuff to sign up here I don't think they'd actually use that board. Basically what I'm saying is that newbs will most likely just be newbs and the boards will be doomed to them for all eternity. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

Camo

Member #5

Dec 19, 2003 20:35
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wxactly!!! Aorry!!!

Drinking on RE? We need the chat thing back, drunken RE chats would rock!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 19, 2003 23:08

Actually, with AT on a good host around the cornor, the chat will be back.... probably.

I would not have thought this guy would allow a chat, but in his support forums, someone asked if they could have a chat running, and he said if you had a script, you could.
  I gots the script, so script I shall use!
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 20, 2003 1:03

woah...a RE chat room... WTF what happen there...too much to think about... with three people ruling...oh how interestingly frightning that would be indeed
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
Camo

Member #5

Dec 20, 2003 1:17
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

WOAH YEAH!

Three cheers for RE bloody chat!

I think you'll have to set a date and time for this chat, as I would like to be there when it gets re put on.
  Before it was lucky for another person to be on there, but now it should have at least 3 newbies on it each time I go in to have intelectual hated chats with! Should let us use our forum log ins and stuff too, that'd be madtastic!
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 20, 2003 10:55

How would I be able to use forum log-ons if, as I had clearly mentioned, it would be on AT's host? There is no way to have cross-communication of protected files; otherwise, there would be no way to hide passwords and the like. (Or at least no good way)

Right now, I am mostly concerning with AT not existing quite since its confirmation e-mails might be considered spam. I get them in like one second, but that is only from my e-mail address with no spam blocking whatsoever on it.
msanis

Member #7

Dec 20, 2003 15:55
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Gotta love how we got off topic on to a chat program. However, that gives me yet another idea. If there's a chat room, wouldn't the newbs go there? And if they go there, it is also likely that they will ask questions there rather than the forum. That way, we could just say they're a newb LIVE in that chat room, as well as give them their answer.

No offence mint, but... i'm not very fond of the "Help me" forums...

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Dec 20, 2003 15:56]
Camo

Member #5

Dec 20, 2003 18:58

I mean can we have like a log in type thing? Obviously we'd use the same usernames as the forum.
  I dont think the help forum would do any good...
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Sep 23, 2020 4:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020