Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 4:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Javascript Code Zone

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 4, 2003 14:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey MM, thanx for linking to the code zone. I am, at best, a beginner HTML coder, but I understand the concepts of HTML and Javascript well enough to cut and paste codes. One question, though.
  Is there a way to set up the midi radio to play a song all the way through, then immediately go to another song instead of looping until the timer is up?
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 4, 2003 16:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That is a very good question, one which I myself have tried endlessly to figure out.

I do not know of any way to do that, but I have thought of some. For example, I always wondered if when you set the song to play only once, does its source or volume or some other attribute on the BGSOUND change as to clue you in to the song being over. You would then use the Timeout to check if this condition is met (for example, if its loop was reduced to zero), then you could randomize the new song and push its loop back up to one time. I really want to tinker with that.... I should try it sometime soon, too.

Wow, someone actually got use out of the Code Zone. How is that jukebox workin' for ya? I cannot remember if I had actually ever tested it? It would be sad if I hadn't.
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 10, 2003 13:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

After a couple of problems with getting my songs to actually play (realized it was case-sensitive), it's working fine. I'm now going thru the process of finding decent midis to add. (Randomization doesn't really work too well when I've only got 10 midis)
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip! ~Homer Simpson

If you've been laid off from work, you're 100 percent unemployed. ~George W. Bush
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 17, 2003 21:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just to be curious, how do you make multiple choice passwords? Either all on one page or one question at a time would be fine by me, the only thing I've found so far is to give all the choices in the prompt and number them, but then I only have one multiple question. So how do I link several together?
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 18, 2003 24:01

Multiple-choice passwords? Whoa, that language is not quite clear to me.

Um... do you mean like checking for a password against multiple possibilities? Just use logical-and (&&). If you are using prompt(), call it just once and store it into a local variable. Then you can check that variable those multiple times without the box poppin' more than it needs to be.

I hope that answers your question, or at least that is the answer to the question you asked.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 18, 2003 13:40

I'm looking for something like the password set up you have for the mirror puzzle in Rby maelstrom.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 18, 2003 22:22

Oh, well then, yeah, what I described above should work for you. Here it is again, but prettier!
  var passwd = prompt("What is the secret command?", "");
  if(passwd == "PIE" || passwd == "TACO") doSomething();

boyachi

Member #92

Dec 20, 2003 1:06

Thanks a bundle Mintman, I shall have that up and running, after I get some sleep *yet again up at the wee hours posting*
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 4:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022