Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 16:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Arena Terrae : The Resurrection?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 3, 2003 16:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I remember something being said in some other post somewhere that AT was suppose to be making a comeback. So, all I want to say is ...

What's the dealio, dealio?
   What's the d-d-d-deal? (Deal!)
  What's the dealio, dealio?
   What's the d-d-d-deal?

You guessed it: I made this post basically so I could sing.
  Deal with it! Hah hah ha- Ow! Don't hit me...

Seriously, tho', what'sup?
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 3, 2003 18:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I found a host without ads and with CGI. However, after signing up, they would not let me FTP to the site for days after they said I could

I finally got an FTP through earlier today, so I should be able to get it uploaded and play-tastic very, very soon! Hooray!
Camo

Member #5

Dec 4, 2003 4:11
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

awesome, even though its a bit early, you should set a date and time for blast off war!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 4, 2003 12:02

Actually, as he already told me, since I already knew about it, the new AT will be open 24/7. However, he plans to have "Prime Kill Times" in which whoever's team scores the most blood points will be awarded ... something... or something to that effect like. Yeah.

Anyhoo, I couldn't be more hyped! With an actual up-ed-ness and Quests, an ATQ might actually be able to get made and, shock, played! *dramtic sting music!*
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 4, 2003 12:31

I'ma busy doin's some workin's on it before I release it.

Quests will porbalbly not be out for its re-re-re-release (it was last "functional" over a year ago; it was six months ago when I put the secret directory up on this server). There is good cause, however.

I want to rework a lot of the script to no longer run of screen coordinates; I want it to be a solid grid system. You just move in big ol' blocks that tile the screen -- no more, no less. This will make range checking and collisions a snap to do, and it should also increase the load time.

What I am still pondering is whether to add the following functions to this release:
   Extra terrains beyond the four (a three-by-three map with a lava-filled MMITM center piece [the "Meet me in the middle" where fights to the death take place])
   Non-combative characteristics such as Stealth, Perception, Marksmanship, Technowledge, Snatch, and other oddities (I think I had three or four non-combative stats for every combative one)
   Logging of all messages that take place in a terrain for the last minute or so, up to a set number
   If such is the case, then I would also add a speaking function to allow characters to exchange short, types messages (chatting, more or less, prolly less)
   A no-fight zone city that could be used for refuge, trading, and members to go when they have lost their base

It will not be there when it comes back (hopefully) soon, but I always wanted a way for people to be able to take over the enemy bases and claim them as their own. That would be so cool.
Camo

Member #5

Dec 4, 2003 18:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That would be pretty cool with the meeting place, like would people be able to join up for a defence (offensive) type thing, maybe even if a team has lost its base they could join someone elses base?
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 5, 2003 7:09

Boy howdee! This all sounds cu-razy, yo! I'm brimming with anticipation! I've already made my traditional AT "Re-release Re-make" sprites! Check-check-check 'em out!

Check-check-check 'em!

Spiffy? Prolly not, but I don'ts care!

Hey, is anything donatable for AT? How manies people would care to donate wall/floor/stock character graphics? I mean, considering the "awesome majesty" of the demon sprites, I don't think people have to worry 'bout them being good enough

Additionally, I'm crazy! Ooga-booga!

('tis correct, I had no better idea of how to end this post. i already typed out "additionally", so i had to right something. i mean, it's not like there's some sort of key you can press to go backwards on the spaces you typed. ... oh, there is. dangit!)

(EDIT: removed pictures for a link)

[Editted by MadGoblin on Dec 20, 2003 8:59]
Hated

Member #132

Dec 5, 2003 8:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not to bad! Me likes, I shall steal one for my Avatar for one of forums I go to..I already took one...uh the Blue Mage I believe.

MM....why don't we have Avatars?
•Chaos•
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 5, 2003 9:17

You know, I didn't expect anyone to "steal" them. I mean, I was really just kinda showcasing them... I really wouldn't minds 'em being used for AT... sorta. Kinda like free advertising or something... I guess.
  ... *shrugs* Eh.

Truthfully, I don't even really see how any of them could serve as an avatar for you, anyways. I mean, with exception of the Slime Man, all of them are racked. Last I check, you lacked the racked. Just seems a little weird... unless you're into that sorta stuff... which would just be very very weird...

Wow, everyone, "Chaos" is more of a freak than we ever thought possible, and we thought him quite the freaky-freak before

( 's mean joking, ya sploinkles!)

EDIT: After little to no thinking, I realized that you are prolly speaking of the Mage sprite I made some time ago. Whoops. Thought you meant Void for some reason (it being the only blue thing present). Heh heh. Ain't I an idiot

[Editted by MadGoblin on Dec 5, 2003 12:10]
Hated

Member #132

Dec 5, 2003 12:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You stupid fool! You call yourself a 'nerd'? I CAN USE THEIR URL ADDRESS! Some nerd you are.....
•Chaos•
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 5, 2003 12:51

Yes Chaos, he is a nerd. He plays video games that are not cool, uses the internet for other purposes than communication, and shuns the sunlight.
  You are just some nerd wannabe that tries to promote his other status because he thinks that other people do not know how to simply steal graphics. Gobbo was not shocked and awed that you were able to do it, but angry that you, especially if you freakin' hotlink the thing like you did, which is one of the worst internet atrocities known to man -- stealing bandwidth. Free hosts especially do not care for that, YFFI.

Back to AT: shut up. Those demon graphics were made on Paint a decade ago; they are allowed to suck.

Donations? Uh... got nothin' lined up for it right now. I would wait to see how big this take of it goes first. What really sucks is that I keep thinking about Arena Terrae Adventure, the non-multiplayer version of the game, instead of the one at main. Luckily that one has the serious problem of not being able to go anywhere or do anything but be played for short periods of time, thus stopping me from producing it but not thinkin's about it. Boo!
Hated

Member #132

Dec 5, 2003 13:08

I really don't care wtf gobbo cares about his stupid icons, I steal em' fair and square!!!!

..and I'm not a nerd wanna-be
•Chaos•
Camo

Member #5

Dec 6, 2003 15:23

For ya avatars and s***, just get a geocities site and upload them, then change the jpg or bmp or gif or whatever to txt, then it will let you use the source as an image on other pages.

Damn I feel tough (in a nerd way) for figuring out that, did everyone already know that?
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 6, 2003 23:11

Yes. In fact, I thought you only did that because Ryuujin blabbed it on the forums quite some time ago. I mean, it was way back when Ryuu actually went to these forums. That has gotta be more than a year.

Anyway, avatars would just be something for me to stop you from having, Camo. Plus they would delay load-time when idiots tried linking to million-pixel images.
Camo

Member #5

Dec 6, 2003 23:16

Hmm.. I dont remember, but perhaps that helped me figure it out, I was just playing around with geocities and did it, anyways, I understand perfectly why you dont want avatars, I mean the forum pages take long enough to load as it is.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 8, 2003 20:08

Yeah, Camo-ie-boy, that was already a prior point brought to knowledge. In fact, the very images in my previous post were brought about in such a manner. And, for that fact, so are these! Popple!

Boo-yah! I went t3h crazies! Also, for the first time, I made color variants of a sprite! Heehee! Someone could go Power Rangers with dem guys! ... Yeah, you pretty much know it has to come now!

Go go, Power Rangers! Do-doo-do-doo-do-do-dodo! You Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!

[Editted by MadGoblin on Dec 20, 2003 9:00]
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 8, 2003 21:49

I have a bathroom humor joke with those lyrics...
  But I must say, that the X looking one that you made ol' Gobbo, is your shining light. Girls Guys and Politicains will be racing to your bedroom in order to get your autograph. You'll be on a late night talk show. There will be a movie and a show tune about you, as well as a shakespearian play.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 20, 2003 1:14

Okay, thanks to the great host WebHostingPal.com, AT is back is biz-i-ness!

Here is the problem: there may be more errors than there were previously. I am going to try and keep it open 24/7. I cannot put it on a schedule without Crontabs, and I do not have Cron on this server.

Things now work on a purely grid-based system, causing a few less problems with walking over walls. There still is wall-walking, but only the same ol' I-never-made-the-formula-correct-to-make-a-straight-line problems. Attacking also sometimes causes characters to move strangely.

Oh well. Have fun! There may be occassional times when I nearly wipe all AT information in order to include an upgrade, like some of the fifteen subcategories.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 21, 2003 12:14

Well, this is great. I just sign-up, got my team all made up, checked it out, came back to check in a few hours later and- not there!

Huh. Then, even more later, I check and - it's spam! Apparently, AT's confirmation code sending was SPAM. OR WAS IT???

I checked out my webhostingpal.com website, and, guess what? They say it's spammy, too. The truth? SPAMer's must have raped WebHostingPal.com hard and fast and got into big troubles. Fun.

Well, what is this? AT down and out in less than 24 hours? Hmm, a new record, me thinks?
Camo

Member #5

Dec 21, 2003 15:15

Hmmmmm...

Thats so verry s*** if I do say so myself, time to go searching for more servers, yay!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 16, 2024 16:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022