Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 6:10 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: 100K Hits

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 2, 2003 22:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

w00t! One hundred thousand hits have finally come into Reality's End as of a couple hours ago.

What a momentous occasion -- six digits, bay-bee! Of course, I have a nice, offensive splash page picture I just finished inking ready to be scanned.
  And just think, it was just little over a year ago when I hit 50K. I say that doubling hits to R.E. in half the time it took me to get them originally is some pretty good progress.

So.... um, oh yeah! Hundred-thou!
Ash10

Member #3

Dec 3, 2003 8:20
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Happy 100K!
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 3, 2003 16:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ask yourself something: Does the splash page offend us because of its content or because it's not more strumpetastic?!?
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Dec 4, 2003 4:11
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For some reason that ladys head makes me think nidhogg, is there something we dont know bout her?
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 4, 2003 12:05

Yes, Camo, you discovered the grand secret of the Nidefell's Dragon:

He is... a girl!!! * duh-duh-duuuuhhh! *

... wait, "he is"? ...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 4, 2003 20:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Congratulations. Now when am I finally going to reach that fifth digit on my own website?

LieutenantEagle
  Stupid FFTA judges, 3 laws to avoid!!!
Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 6, 2003 17:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm still concerened with the 3 digit mark (mainly because my site has been up for less than a month)
  Someday I'm going to have to do some more work on it, but right now both y English and Spanish coursed are about two weeks behind, and only have 5 weeks to make up the time loss, so I've been pretty busy with school work. And when I'm not doing homework, I'm just sitting around doing non-frustrating things, which making a good website definately is not.

Ishamael

Bearer of the Kildurin sword, and master of the Kildurin gym.

[Editted by Ishamael on Dec 6, 2003 18:04]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 6, 2003 23:43

Heh, hundred hits in a month. It took my (main) page seven months to reach three digits. My Poliwhirl Shrine had a lot more, but... that is another story.
  If your site is getting mad hits when it is first out, chances are there is a blutty good reason, like you have a bunch of on-line friends or something. I knew someone who started a new web site (and deleted their old one) about ever two months, but they always got up into the thousands because all of their friends came by like five times a day -- and the site had a-nuthing!

Her head makes you think of Nidhogg.... why? I mean, her head and Nidhogg could not be any more different. She is a bar wench with red hair, and Nidhogg is a purple dragon that sucks the life out of stiffs.... um, corpses.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 8, 2003 21:40

my website has less than a hundred, and its been up for years... That reminds me MM, as soon as I'm done with the story, I want you to check through it so it is to your liking, its the frikkin gym that I have been working on(and off) since summer! It's almost done!!!,except for all the coding...
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 8, 2003 21:53

Having an up gym used to boost a gym well over a hundred in a few days. Oh, those were the days.

Quite frankly, hits do not mean a thing unless you have a bad site (thus why I monger them). Most sites with tons of hits anyway are just loser sites that appeal to idiots, thus the sheer volume of idiocy.
  The only other answer is that the site has something that people come back for again and again. I try to disguise it inside of something else; no one sees that coming!

You just need to find a gimmick. I mean, what does your site have now? That phonetic spelling thing? That idea is so flawed I do not even know who where to begin. I mean, of course we should spell things like we say them. We used to do that very thing; however, it is by very nature of a language that dialects take over and you borrow from other languages, thus changing the spellings to how we would not normally say them. By your idea, the South and New England would have to spell things differently than those on the West Coast -- we would wind up with multiple ways of spelling in just one country that is supposed to speak the same language.
  If you could get everyone to conform, more power to you, but you cannot. Even writing used to not be done all the same -- ever see stuff from the Middle Ages? It took us forever to get people to agree on a standard set of writing after the printed media took over, and quite frankly, it still has not worked ("wut r u sayin mm" an idiot might respond).
  ... yeah, I have wanted to tear that up for a while now.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 10, 2003 15:09

Yeah, well, there were ligistics to it but... oh well, that part has been up long enough. Haven't touched that part in over two years, which reminds me, you should look at your pokemon quiz, due to the release of gold and silver one of the answers is incorrect. But what did you think of the gym story line? It's probably too long, but I wanted something that would take a while. If anything doesn't fit in with what you already laid down, then just drop me a line.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 10, 2003 15:55

You are the one who should be doing the checking of the again!

The quiz clearly states that it is over the Red and Blue editions of Poke, not GS.

Okay, I never went to your gym before because, you know, you do not actually have a gym. You borderline on one of the stupidest storylines ever since that one guy that tried to make a timeline of RE League history dating from the early 1900's.

Okay, first off, never use Kero. Never use trainers from other gyms or even mention them without explicit agreeance.

Then, Mewtwo? Hels no! I worked hard to get that plot out that is on my site. Just because your stupid storyline says stuff that does not make any sense (Mewtwo was banished long before Kero was born -- trust me) does not make it true. I rarely ban gyms for content, but this would be one of the occasions.

Then, there are about a thousand other discrepancies that you will not be able to understand why it makes no sense until you actually become a gym leader and find out yourself. For example, your gym line up.... you could have a level hundred Pokemon. You could have all level one hundred if you wanted to. Problem is that their levels are blasted down to whatever your rank dictates and raised up the point of whatever it is the opposing trainer has reached. Thus, even tho' you have hundred-level Pokes, it does not mean your foe will see it that way.

And how could you know what a DV is yet be so stupid as to call Agility a worthless move? Somebody has never heard of Baton Pass.... or any of the other thousand strategies with it. Hmm, I guess most of the strategy sites have long since bit the dust. Oh Agispoargle, how we miss you so!
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 10, 2003 23:11

Well, you are right about the quiz thing, but considering that this is a RBY gym, the possiblity of someone using baton pass is not likely unless they hack. I will kill mewtwo stuff too. As well as the others and kero gym stuff.
  I know about the ranking and level decreasements which is why the GSC gym (I cannot even ask for since I have not challenged you yet in that version exactly for planning to make a gym)
  Pretty much disregard that e-mail I just sent you then, or not. I don't care. I need the critisism.
  The gym section will be blocked until I let you know and you actually find it acceptable(boy is this gonna take a while)

[Editted by boyachi on Dec 10, 2003 23:18]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 6:10 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022