Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 10:21 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: MM...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Hated

Member #132

Dec 2, 2003 22:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey MM, is Six_Grey woking on Kraken like you told me? umm you can delete it from the contest, I'm not a talented drawer anyways.
•Chaos•
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 2, 2003 22:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I know.

However, I am using your name as a place-holder. See, your name will stay up there for the full four months, and then it will be immediately replaced with a reservation for Six Grey. Thataway, he gets more time to make the Kraken.

Why does he need so much time? Simple. I think he might make the Leviathan first. I cannot exactly remember, but this will keep the deep-sea creatures in his clutches for a bit longer. Thanks for asking!
Hated

Member #132

Dec 2, 2003 22:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh yes BTW....I HATE YOU NIDHOGG!

WHY?!

A) I can never beat a Nidhogg!
  B) Everyone chooses them, not poor Garm.
  C) Its BLUE!...I hate blue!
  D) I can't spell Nidhogg....

CURSE YOU NIDHOGG!

•Chaos•

[Editted by Hated on Dec 2, 2003 23:02]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 3, 2003 24:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, actually....

A) You cannot beat them because you are Bestial; Draconic monsters have a very big advantage against you.
  B) Nidhogg is not a very highly chosen monster. Most 'Hoggs that are around exist from being adopted when there were very little monsters to choose from. Garm has only been around since summer. Besides, most monsters nowadays are Hydras, Tatzelwurms, or Hrimfaxis.
  C) It is purple, not blue. I mean, c'mon!
  D) You seem to be able to spell Nidhogg
Hated

Member #132

Dec 3, 2003 19:09

Purple?...now I hate Nidhogg more.....
•Chaos•
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 4, 2003 19:10

On Dec 3, 2003 19:09, Hated said:

Purple?...now I hate Nidhogg more.....

How can you possibly hate purple?! The nidhogg isn't even a real purply purple. You can trust me on that 'cause practically everything I own is purple or some shade of it. The nidhogg is kinda indigoish, but I don't think I've ever seen it blue...who doesn't love a purple dragon? Sorry, the one who's mind is infected with purpleness is unable to comprehend your anti-purplismic ways.

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

Hated

Member #132

Dec 4, 2003 19:58

w/e...

BTW in Myth Nidhogg is evil...so why ins't he black or a evil color? I just don't get it a purple.....like WTF! he should be Black...he'd look better black you know! After all Black whould pracitall says he evil, purple makes him look kind and gentle! KERO MAKE NIDHOGG BLACK!!!!....NOW!!!!! lol just kidding, if kero like Nidhogg purple, kero musta been corrupted my Sassy....stupid girls and the pinky and purply colors.....BAH!
•Chaos•
VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 4, 2003 20:08
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ahh hated, someday you will like girls, and then you will, well there will be no more hateds, because the laws of nature would not allow there to be, and then well i have no idea why i replied in the first place. Oh and every color has its good uses, the nidhogg looks pretty sweet.
MMMM I just love chocolate sooo much!!
  but i cant eat it or ill get fat
  But its SOOOO GOOD

-Brian; Family guy
Hated

Member #132

Dec 4, 2003 20:29

Black whould be the best though. with red eyes and bloodly teeth and claws, that'd be sweet!
•Chaos•

EDIT-OMFG I SPELLED SWEET WRONG!!!....shoot me please...

[Editted by Hated on Dec 4, 2003 21:49]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 5, 2003 6:33

Nidhogg really is black, tho'. No, really, Ems made him black. Thing is, that was when the Nidefell's was first made. See, black is, in truth, a terribly ugly color. Ever see something colored black in detail? It's atroscious! You can't make out anything on it! So, anyhoo, when KK was making the first Nidhogg GIF sprites, he couldn't very well make it black (due to that making it a monotonous, undistinquishable mass) or a really dark grey (cuz then it would just look, well, grey), so he made it a very dark shade of purply blue, mainly to show the highlights. People always highlight black with purple/blue, tho'. Just look at Super Man's do. It has a nice shine o' blue goin' through it. And so on.

So, over time, this color just became more a part of him and it very slightly stepped up a shade or two to become his actual color.

All of this is true to how I remember it, considering that you're as drunk as I am right now. ... * burp *
Hated

Member #132

Dec 5, 2003 12:36

Im just saying if Nidhogg was PURE black he'd look sweet.
•Chaos•
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 5, 2003 16:49

Quite some time ago, the Bestiary Entry for Nidhogg said:

There is also never any mention of specifics in its appearance, so the look had to be entirely invented. Many make comments on my choice of colouration, which is even a bit of a mystery to me. Originally, Nidhogg was black. Purple was used only as highlights, but it lightened as time went on. The purple and yellow scheme works out well for Nidhogg's conflicting nature (it is an embodiment of evil, but it punishes the wicked and cleanses the world of the dead).

There ya haves it. In fact, if you look at the drake stage, you will see that most of its skin is in fact black, just purple when it comes into the light.
  Pure black does not show dimension well. Red on black is way too overplayed. Blood from teeth is just... well, Nidhogg was a sucker. Suckers do not need teeth. They just drain things, dead-corpse-soul-things especially, which usually do not have much in the way of the red red vino left in 'em. The exception is Bram Stoker's Dracula, which I do believe was the first time vampires were even given fangs. Before then, they just drank blood, which as everyone knows is prohibited by His law -- no fangs needed.
Hated

Member #132

Dec 5, 2003 18:22

I don't care! Only a dainty, foolish, girl-like person whould choose a bluish-purple...no offence MM...

Gets Banned

DAMN IT!
•Chaos•
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 6, 2003 7:14

What have I started? Purple is swell and all, but I don't think dragons were meant to be a real purply purple. Like everyone else said, it's closer to black, but being the purple phreek I am that's still purple to me. I still don't see how you can think an indigo dragon with colors so dark is girly. On my computer it sometimes even looks black. Even if it were a purply purple there aren't just guys that come here you know. I'm not the only girl in the world that grew up liking mosters a heck of a lot more than dollies. If purple is that terrible to you just go back to pretending it was whatever other color you thought it was.If purple is that terrible to you just go back to pretending it was whatever other color you thought it was. You'd have probably been better off never knowing it's purple if it's worth all this fuss.

I may be a stupid girl, but there are plenty dumber out there. BTW, MM made the nidhogg long before I got here. I am nobody's either. I'm not his sassy, your sassy, or anyone's, nor will be anytime soon for the matter. Somethings wrong with me 'cause even if I think purple, pink, and purple are all swell and dandy the thought of having a boyfriend is still a joke to me. VinnyD, about nature, I think they forgot me or have me on hold

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 6, 2003 15:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 5, 2003 18:22, Hated said:

I don't care! Only a dainty, foolish, girl-like person whould choose a bluish-purple...no offence MM...

•Chaos•

Were you not paying attention to anything that was just written? Dark blues and purples are about the only way to show shading on black coloring. Personally, I think pure black Nidhogg would look pretty boring. No shading, no dimension. Dark purple/blue/indigo/whatever actually makes a pretty good "evil" shading. With the amount of time Nidhogg has been around (and re-vamped), I'd say he pretty well looks the way he should.
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip! ~Homer Simpson

If you've been laid off from work, you're 100 percent unemployed. ~George W. Bush

[Editted by Battalon127 on Dec 6, 2003 15:04]
Camo

Member #5

Dec 6, 2003 15:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What the hell is wrong with purple? I'd have to say its the coolest colour, most people like blue or red the best, and they are quite the exeptional colours, but they were made to be mixed Who remembed my necosanguin s*** (if you even looked at it) it had purple everywhere.

Hated, stop having a f***ing sook.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 6, 2003 17:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I agree that pure black, when making a picture, is very boring.
  Therefore, you use a close color to black, like dark shades of purple, blue or grey. Purple actually works the best when shading a three dimesnional object (live, dead, or never-was-live) that is supposed to be black, even the symbol on the left of my reply...it looks like it would be black if it were real, but it actually uses very dark shades of purple...
  Anyway, why does the coloration of Nighogg matter enough to make a reply list this big?
Ishamael

Bearer of the Kildurin sword, and master of the Kildurin gym.
VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 6, 2003 18:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know when i see someone like ishmael here, it almost makes up for that useless slug hated's presence here. A newbie, who not only is right, but also has a cool signature. OOOOOooooo its cool. And i want one. I know if its given out tho everyone is gonna emulate it. o well.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 10:21 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022