Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 11:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Splash Page

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
dracon

Member #143

Nov 24, 2003 10:59
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think your splash page is really awesome. I just love dragons hence my name when will it come in color?
Hydras and kingdras rock!! OH and quagsire and crobat
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 24, 2003 12:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, the title of the page now is "Temporary Splash Page". If you hold your cursor over the image, you will get the explaination.

I just needed something that was not the Hallowe'en picture. I mean, it was out for close to a month; that ain't quite right.

I shall probably not be able to color it this week due to going home and being away from my computer, but I should be able to do something for it next week.
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 24, 2003 13:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Speaking of which, how do you color your pics. Do you scan them as a sketch and color them on the computer or do you color them first. Whenever I color a drawing before scanning, it comes out really grainy. Any solutions?
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 24, 2003 18:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Excellent question, Batt. I do it halfsies.

My Battling Dragons pictures are coloured with coloured pencil. I fill in their backgrounds black and fix up the graininess. You need to use some sort of software like Photoshop in order to get rid of all the speckles. There is usually something like Reduce Graininess, Despeckle, or at very least Gaussian Blur.

Recently, however, I have been using more and more computer colouring. Anything for END or the layout is shaded with ink or pencil (or both) and then computer coloured. I select out an area with Polygon Selection tools and then Selection Fill with a colour set to Darken. That leaves in the shading but rids of the white. I have used this technique or something similar for all but a few of my splash pages (one of the Christmas pics was done with coloured pencil, so was one of Nidhogg, and one of the anniversary pics was done with coloured ink).
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 30, 2003 22:46

Ida know sometimes a good scanner does the trick. I gotta onetouch 5600 by visioneer and it makes the pictures look great...as long as I draw them that way. They are also around a meg, for the SMALL ones. A page one takes over 4. but yeah its kewl, and its a few years old, so it shouldn't be to much of a bite to the wallet. Paid $88 bucks when we got it.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 1, 2003 13:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yah, my scanner's really cheap. I'll have to play around with an editting program for my revamped Inferno Dreamer, tho. Thx MM.
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 11:27 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022