Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 4:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Mario Kart $#!+?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 27, 2004 23:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual bannana *

I was reading over the older posts in this topic. Someone suggested for all to get Internet connections for GCN (i.e., the modem adapter) and to play the game online. Sorry, MKDD is not compatible with the Modem Adapter; in fact, the only game currently adaptable, I think, is Phantasy Star Online...don't quote me on that, I may be wrong.

You see, MKDD is compatible with the Broadband/LAN connection, which you can use to connect multiple GCNs to multiple TVs to have up to eight people play, either on eight separate TVs or on two TVs each having 4-player split-screen. The downside to this is that you still need multiple GameCubes, which is quite hefty on the budget.

LieutenantEagle
  I have no comment at this time.
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jan 28, 2004 3:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jan 27, 2004 23:17, LieutenantEagle said:

The downside to this is that you still need multiple GameCubes, which is quite hefty on the budget.

Much cheaper than multiple xboxs or computers and I'd say if 7 people wished to play mariokart with you, 1 would most likely have a cube, if not choose the most sucky person of your 7, give him/her the boot and go grab someone who has a GC !

and on that note....

* cannot pick more than once from a tree *

geese, this is a good way to get pepole hooked on the forum, should make it so the same tree cant be planted twice aswell
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 28, 2004 13:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK, I'll try this again. I kept getting a before. Maybe because I had on the same line
  ick for slippery peel
  I give up!!! I'm leaving it here, though so you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I just wanted a banana peel...
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

[Editted by Battalon127 on Jan 28, 2004 13:28]

[Editted by Battalon127 on Jan 28, 2004 13:33]
VinnyD

Member #9

Jan 28, 2004 14:51
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually there is a way to put the cube on the net with those crazy lan games! Its complicated, but there was an article in EGM, its called tunneling and it tricks the game into thinking you're on a lan, when in fact your on broadband. The whole dealy is tricky, so I wont try to explain it anymore, but look it up if you want to. I dont need to as I am knee-deep (or possibly the more enthusiastic ass-deep) in socom2 online right now. Heh, if there was a more wasteful way to use a snow day than lose my rank, then gain it back after a whole day of online play, then i dont know what it is! Damn, I need to get better at that game!
Gigas of the ice and cold. Wielder of the sword of Aegis and Rhaknam revolver. The next step in a legacy. Choose a destiny, and you will change existance!
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 28, 2004 19:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

.... You capitalized ":Pick", didn't you? LOWER CASE! ALWA- er, lower case! always lower case!

That, or just in your edit (which cannot be used for pickin's) caused the smiley to appear. Either way, RP coding goes before Smiley code and other formatting.

Ho-lee-crap you are a moron, Sanis. How can I be wrong if I never said anything? I mention something a site said that I read -- the site is wrong, if anything. I am only relaying, as I said before and still you failed to understand.
msanis

Member #7

Jan 28, 2004 23:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Then that means... all of your sources of info are wrong!

Though if that's true...

All of the bestiary information must be wrong! and practically EVERYTHING on this site!!! Why'd you lie to us Mintman?! Why?!?!?!

Seriously, it's just that simple Mintman.

*obviously took a little bit too much off the beer tree*

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Jan 28, 2004 23:12]
Camo

Member #5

Jan 29, 2004 1:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jan 28, 2004 23:09, msanis said:

*obviously took a little bit too much off the beer tree*

Theres no such thing as abusing the beer tree!!!

Oh damn....

Hey Msanis, we rock, considering this isn't the place for beers, but bananas.... Hmm.. Minty, what was in those beers?

[Editted by Camo on Jan 29, 2004 1:47]
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 29, 2004 13:08

* picks a virtual bannana *
  Let's see if this finally works (I feel stupid)
A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it. ~George W. Bush

If you're having a problem with your woman, you don't go get another woman. Then you just have 2 problems. ~Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 29, 2004 19:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, now you are making even less sense, Sanis. Please stop while you are not ahead.

I channel info from a site onto this forum from what I heard about the DS. I did not even find that place originally, either; it was forwarded to me from another source.

Seperate that, I spend a lot of time, actually, gathering information on mythological monsters.

And for some odd reason which you never really made clear, that would mean that everything on this site is wrong?
  ... yeah, winner.
msanis

Member #7

Jan 29, 2004 22:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes Mintman, I am a winner.

...A winner at losing, that is.

What I had actually meant though, is that the source you had gotten that particular information from had to be incorrect since Nintendo's actual letter said that they DS would be in no way affiliated with the GBA and GCN. Perhaps I misunderstood... but that's what I get from that.

I actually fear for Nintendo now. Though this is definentally alot more powerful than the GBA (as it is more powerful than the N64.), literally none of the remarks afterward on the DS have been positive. It seems as if this will be the modernized version of the Virtual Boy... and such a disastor when Nintendo is still getting back on it's feet could cause some big problems...
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 2, 2004 21:51

In game informer, they said that they were coming out with an offical online thing for gamecube
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn. Very soon. Honestly. Picking up on the virtual-edible-multiflavor-jawbreaker-candles. Got any drill skimmers?
msanis

Member #7

Feb 3, 2004 18:14

Hmmmmmm... that's all nice and dandy... but GI is known for unproven "facts". Sadly, you can never really tell these days. Though... it'd be really nice if some online stuff WAS made for the GCN... but with Nintendo's "Linkability" idea.... i'm starting to wonder if that will happen.

And yet again, I wonder what Nintendo was thinking. Why in god's name choose Linkability over internet games!!! I mean... it wasn't particularly a good idea since hooking up a GBA with dieing batteris to your GCN just to get some cheap little feature game is not really worth it.

Then again, one game has made linkability (seem) worthwhile. And that game is Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals. I've seen movies... pictures... reviews... everything seems so awesome. The only problem i've noticed is that some reviews praise it... while others claim it to be the WORST Final Fantasy EVER! I suppose we'll see soon enough...
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 3, 2004 20:20

So what? Ever since Seven, every Final Fantasy has been the "worst ever".

Think about it. When Seven came out, it and every other FF after it has been called the "worst" by someone for some stupid, stupid reason. They are either old-school purist hating the new style or anime-fanboys who liked VII more than actual RPGs.

Nintendo shoulda jumped on the internet train long ago. With Mario Party and Pokémon, they coulda owned the market. How mad could you get MP games going with every character in use?
msanis

Member #7

Feb 3, 2004 21:25

Very true, actually. Ever since seven, the proceeding Final Fantasy games have not been liked as much. I have to admit, even I don't like some of the newer ones... but so far... Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals looks like a step in the right direction...

Online SSBM... online MK:DD...online FF:CC... why does Nintendo like to torture me so much...

It'd be so much better...
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 3, 2004 21:56

Hey, I do have to say that FF7 had something special, but honestly, FF games have been special in there own ways. I bonded with Squall. We are buddies. In the friend sort of way, of course. Who could forget blitzball? I must admit, that at first, i thought FFX-2 was stupid. that game has risen up so frikkin high on the list. Den of WOW!!! Anyway, that's my two cents. I still think that the first super mario kart was the best and double dash maybe the only one with a chance to rival/beat it out
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn. Very soon. Honestly. Picking up on the virtual-edible-multiflavor-jawbreaker-candles. Got any drill skimmers?
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Feb 4, 2004 24:05
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 3, 2004 21:25, msanis said:

Online SSBM... online MK:DD...online FF:CC... why does Nintendo like to torture me so much...

SSBM...online...
  *drools*

msanis

Member #7

Feb 4, 2004 18:40

Actually, FFX-2 is one of the more recent Final Fantasy games that I am not particularly crazy about. It's too... frilly. The entire game is frilly, really. I suppose that is to be expected... seeing that EVERY character is a girl (no problem with it being all girls... just how it was presented.)

The girls in this game itself are (quoted from a few reviews) "Slutty". In some cases, the girls being like that wouldn't be as bad... but that shouldn't be the case for a FF game. Not to mention, in order to get the complete ending, you must complete EVERYTHING in the game. Some of the missions in X-2 are completely idiotic... such as helping a monkey find it's soulmate.

I think this particular FF game is an attempt to attract girls to the Final Fantasy series... or guys that like "looking" at the girls in this game. If it weren't so girly in some parts... perhaps i'd like it more.

Now then... don't get me wrong, I only pointed out many of it's many flaws... but it overall is still a bearable Final Fantasy. Sure it's girly, has crappy missions... but some parts of the game are not THAT bad.
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 7, 2004 23:51

What won me over about this was the Den of "WOW" aka Den of Woe.
  You did that right? That's what stapled this one down tight for me.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 19, 2024 4:06 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022