Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 12:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Mario Kart $#!+?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Camo

Member #5

Nov 16, 2003 3:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm yet to play it, but got a mate whos all 100% Gamecube then he bought Mario Kart, telling me it sucked and he's selling his Gamecube now.

What you other people think of the new mario kart? In my opinion I dont see how a mario kart game could be s***, just doesn't make sense.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 16, 2003 13:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Your friend is a 'tard. No MarioKart could ever be a bad game. It is possibly one of the best game series ever.

In fact, I think it coming out is largely the reason my first paycheck from my upcoming internship/job will be going toward a 'Cube. Dude, I want that game so badly.
writer77

Member #4

Nov 18, 2003 21:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So far, I've heard that Mario Kart is pretty good. According to my sources, the only problems are that in one player mode, it's too easy to lose within the last five seconds of the race, and the battle arenas are too small. I can't wait until Christmas, I'll be getting it then. In the mean time, I'll be playin' Skies of Arcadia: Legends. I finally managed to find a copy of that game.

Anyhow, Mintman, are you gettin' it before Christmas? If you are, tell me how good it is. I'll probably buy it either way, but still...
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 19, 2003 2:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, I shall not be interning until next semester. For you guys, January might seem far away, but for it, time passes so fast that I do not know what is what anymore.

I dunno if my paycheck can go towards it, either. I might end up buying a professional Flash with my first couple goes, and that is 'bout $500. I really want to get into making some movies on the side. That, and interactive tutorials on this site would cut down a lot on stupidity, and if it is one thing we need less of, it is stupdiitity.
VinnyD

Member #9

Nov 19, 2003 15:43
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

yep, and that is exactly what im asking for for christmas/ birthday too, altho expenisve, that baby would open up my options for my website/whatever tenfold, not professional tho thats 200 extra
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
msanis

Member #7

Nov 20, 2003 17:38
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've only heard good things about the new Mario kart... your friend probably was drunk AND smoking something when he said that. Then again, I don't even have it yet.... it MAY suck.. for all I know.

Planning to get it for christmas...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 21, 2003 9:24

If I know Camo's friends, and I don't, he was prolly smokin' the drink and drinkin' the smokables. Man, that'd be freaky!

BTW, if Mario Kart sucks, I promise to kill someone in rage. Oh, it'll prolly wind up being... Ems!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

Camo

Member #5

Nov 21, 2003 15:30
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Knowing this dude he was probobly on pills
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 30, 2003 22:38

Ya know, Mario Kart 64 was a downer for me, I still think the first one is so much better.
  Speaking of which I found that mem card that SHOULD have had my FF7 game with the stopped clock. It was gone. WITH THE FRIKKIN SAVE IN THE DEBUG ROOM THAT I CAN'T GET TO ANYMORE BECAUSE MY PSX BUSTED AND MY GAMESHARK IS SO OLD THAT I CAN'T USE IT ON MY PS2! ARRRRRRRGGHHHH!
  Anyway, how are the tutorials going to be? Are they going to have a Poliwhirl w/a graduation cap on pointing to things? Maybe ol' Gobbo could think up something kooky(there's a word I haven't seen in a long time) if you don't know where to start.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 4, 2003 20:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Who said that MKDD is not good? Mario Kart: Double Dash is the best game ever in terms of humor and secret unlockables to collect, including powerful karts, new stages, and the Special and All-Cups Grand Prix!

If you ever chance to talk to that "friend" of yours again, tell him I wished to tell him/her/it that he/she/it is an oxymoron.

LieutenantEagle
  But really, folks, Judge Points can summon Totema.
Camo

Member #5

Dec 6, 2003 15:19

argh, I think Cheeterus said oxymoron to me the other day, and I have no idea what the hell it means, its a term we dont even use in Australia or something.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 10, 2004 19:01

Oxymoron = Moron who can get high on oxygen. Or an oxygenized moron. I don't know.

LieutenantEagle

Like the moon over
  The day, my genius and brawn
  Are lost on these fools.
  ~Bowser, SMRPG
Camo

Member #5

Jan 10, 2004 21:05

Anyone who knows how to use oxygen and get high on it is not a moron in my books.
msanis

Member #7

Jan 11, 2004 15:57
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I got it, and I like it. Not much else I can say. Obviously, it is GREAT with multiplayer. Single player is great as well... but you REALLY have to play as two player (or more) to see this game in it's best.

I'd recommend you AT LEAST rent the game... you'll likely want to buy it.
Camo

Member #5

Jan 11, 2004 22:29

In Australia Gamecube is going as terrible as the Dreamcast in sales, perhaps worse, you cant hire games out only Xbox or PS2.
msanis

Member #7

Jan 12, 2004 17:09

Whoa... really? That's crazy man. Over here, the GC wasn't doin' great earlier, but it recently has been selling in massive amounts lately...

Not to mention... with FF:CC coming out, i'd expect diehard FF fans to go to great lengths to play the game...

It may be dead where you are, but here in the U.S.; the GC is still goin' strong.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 14, 2004 19:57

Makes me wonder why Finding Nemo is set in Australia. Must be because of the Great Coral Reef.

According to my sources, after the price reduction on the GCN, the GameCube has gained rank 1 in sales. I wonder, did X-B*x change its slogan because they needed to get more people to buy their system? Well, it's not going to work, I hope

As for FFCC, even those who are NOT diehard FF fans should at least rent the game. Whatever you think, I believe the graphics are spectacular. Maybe not quite as crisp as Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, but you get the point.

About Double Dash: has ANYONE unlocked the Mirror Mode? If you have, have you gained access to Petey Piranha or King Boo, and have you unlocked the Boo Pipes, Piranha Pipes, or Parade Kart? I didn't get Mirror Mode yet, I only have 2nd place in the All-Cup Tour for 150cc. Sitting through 16 races is quite difficult for me.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jan 16, 2004 8:58

My friend Dracon did. It really helps to have a second player as your gunner, as you can focus more on the task you're assigned. Me? I'm the best gunner and the worst driver I know... Yes, he got Petey and Boo, and the boo pipes, best heavy vehicle in the game. Not sure about parade car... Methinks it is a Mirrored all cup tour...

What is this arcane desert?- My current english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework

[Editted by LeeTupper on Jan 16, 2004 9:00]
Camo

Member #5

Jan 16, 2004 18:44

On Jan 14, 2004 19:57, LieutenantEagle said:

Makes me wonder why Finding Nemo is set in Australia. Must be because of the Great Coral Reef.

Great Barrier Reef my friend, not coral reef.
msanis

Member #7

Jan 16, 2004 19:31

Well... yes, I do in fact have the mirror mode. It's not very hard to get, I can't see how you couldn't get it if you're actually trying. I would define mirror mode as a cheap way to make old courses seem like new ones. The main difference I have seen is the fact that you run the course backwards. As for the other characters (petey pirrahna and king boo), I have not yet gotten them... you merely have to beat all mirror mode cups to get everything. To get mirror mode, you must beat the All Cup Grand Prix. It is very difficult if you consider the fact that not all karts are particularly good for certain tracks.

I ended up using, baby mario and parakoopa... the baby mario kart worked quite well. I would have preffered to use heavy weight, but in the more brutal stages... you'd probably end up with a big 8 on your head.

We all know Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals will be a hit. I've heard SO many differing views on it though. Some reviews say it's a great game, others say it's the worst Final Fantasy EVER (though still an ok game overall). I really don't know what to think of it. However, since there's not anything really great coming anytime soon besides that, I think i'll buy it anyway.

...I'll be sure to keep you guys informed about it's awesomeness/suckiness. /
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Mar 28, 2024 12:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022