Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 16:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Script Buggers

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Evenfall

Member #32

Oct 23, 2003 2:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

While this exactly isn't related to RE, I was wondering if someone here could make a judgment call on my laptop's errors before I had one of my friends on campus take a look at it.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that my computer had stopped processing some Javascript and CSS scripts. This includes button-initiated popups (including many features on RE itself) and various scattered Java elements that I have not been able to pin down to a specific group.

Later on, I decided to test the Windows Search tool in Explorer. Turns out that Search is completely disabled. I'm a bit weirded out by this, but seeing as fiddling around with almost everything in Internet Options and the Control Panel that I feel safe modifying and reverting back yielded unsuccessful results, I feel at the end of my rope.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It may be noteworthy to state that my computer was diagnosed with a rather mild virus apparently picked up after viewing an infected webpage (virus definition listings say it's low-threat, one of those email spreaders... I'll trust them), but I'm not entirely certain if it's of any relevance.

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 23, 2003 12:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What? This is about computer-related things. That is prefectly RE-y.

If you have a virus, it is most likely the cause. If you do not have too much things of value on your lappy top, I would recommend saving the few precious things to disk and then fdisking the whole blutty lot of 'em.

Of course, if a complete format of your drive is unacceptable, you could go to your Windows Update site (easy link in your Tools menu of IE) and download some fixes for a lot of those recent viruses like So Big and other e-mail-fantastics.
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 23, 2005 16:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just a small interesting doohicky thing I found, I am no longer told "Welcome Boyachi, you were last on at said date and time"
  Has it been removed or is my firewall being a butt?

Secondly, I'm trying to add music downloads(custom made, I swear) to my site and have already uploaded them. Aside the fact I have no FU(Kinf idea where they are since I can't access my ftp space, how do I set them up so people can just click the link and download them?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 23, 2005 17:08

.... why the CRAP did you revive a topic from last year for the two most incompetent things ever? Yeah, no one is talking right now, and with banter like this, it's a good thing.

You were told the last time you came because you didn't have a cookie set. You didn't have a cookie set for any of thousands of reasons, none of which I have anything to do with. Honestly, man!

As for music, put up music files just like any other sort of file -- image, for example -- if your host even allows you to put up music.

So what the frick did any of this have to do with scripting such to merit reviving a most dead topic? * it has been oh-so long, so uses LandSmite on boyachi *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 23, 2005 21:51

Well, i never really disabled the cookie...which its back by the way...and I figured that you might have to do some scripting stuff to allow people to download music files. Basically. Because when I think of cookies I think of sugar and hey, girls screaming in the halls.
  Well that was nothing. SO um yea. I have been smitten once more. or smote or mebbe smited.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 16:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022