Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 6:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Two new reviews

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
msanis

Member #7

Sep 17, 2003 21:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heya, as per usual... I have bought two games recently, and have decided to give you guys a little review on them. They are: F-zero, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lets start out with F-zero.

This game as you probably know is one of the more... extreme racing type games. This is DEFINENTALLY a game you would want to increase your reaction time, as well as your overall "gaming skill". However, I DEFINENTALLY would NOT recommend this game to anyone not accustomed to playing racing games. You may think "gee, my reflexes are pretty good... I never played a racing game...but, I think I can do it." Well guess what, there is no way in the Freakin' world you can do very well on this game... even in the Novice (easiest) setting. Don't get the wrong idea though, this is a GREAT game, just beyond the skill (and reaction time) that most people have. I'd recommend renting it, and seeing if you can handle the extreme speeds.
  As my rating, I'd give it a 8.5

Next, Final Fantasy Tactics

This was my first "strategy game" I've played believe it or not, but I found it quite similar to an Rpg (though it also had many differences). Overall, I'd say this is a VERY good game, but in no means is it as good as one of the more "game of all time" type Final Fantasies (such as 3/6). It has a job system which I happen to find coincidentally similar to FF5, andit also has crystals... though, your task is to destroy them. There is also another... interesting thing called "laws" which prevent you from using particular abilites/skills/spells. Breaking these "laws" can have very.. dire consequences.. such as your character going to jail. Another good thing, this game is EXTREMELY long, when (if) I ever actually beat this game, it will definentally be the game i've played the longest. There are of course some bad sides. One being that you never actually get to walk around the world, in fact; you only see the world on a map or battle screen. If you visit a town, you don't actually enter a town; you get a menu asking what you want to do there. The story is a little... (trying to find a good word) childish. The game pretty much starts with a snow ball fight. The game in some aspects is very different from the more... "traditional" Final Fantasy games; if you want to get this game, don't expect it to be quite like the others, make sure you know you like it. This game requires thinking power, it is DEFINENTALLY NOT a button masher, you have to think out every move. Overall, this game is great, but it depends on your taste in games. As for myself, I'd give this game a 9.2
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

EDIT: Use HRs over a freakin' huge series of underscores, YFFI.

[Editted by MintMan on Sep 19, 2003 13:53]
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 18, 2003 20:18
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Then I'm kind of glad that I'm not a Final Fantasy die-hard fan, otherwise I would've been disappointed.
Ash10

Member #3

Sep 18, 2003 21:12
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Stop making those lines that make the text strech msanis...
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive
msanis

Member #7

Sep 19, 2003 9:13
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well... I don't notice an "enlargement" or"stetching" of the page. Also, I merely put them in, to show that I am going onto a different topic. No, even if you were a "die-hard" FF fan, you would not be disappointed... i'm just saying, that it is a good game... just not a "traditional" FF game. Oh yea, the multiplayer in FF tactics is pretty nice too
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 19, 2003 13:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Only people who do not know what they are talking about speak of "traditional" Final Fantasies. The only tradition in FF is that nothing stays the same. I mean, what other RPGs go freely from systems that have no levels or magic points and create-a-party to a given, changing line-up?

Typically, people who see FF as a set pattern are those that came in at six/seven. They never knew how hard it was for your adventure to begin or having your game freakin' freeze whenever you went to the arctic (how ironic!).
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 19, 2003 21:20

Too bad I can't use the multiplayer option. Nobody else I know has the game.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 20, 2003 1:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

We talkin about the original F-zero and original FFtactics? Or do we go up the nintendo ladder on these two games? The original F-zero was hard. i remember that when I was seven or so... I forget. It's up there with mega man x. Great game, never beat it. FF tactics was more of the strategy than RPG if you ask me, kinda like a turn based WORMS. Wait, that is worms. Worms with a magic sense. there we go. Can you still get Cloud in the advanced version or was that only in the original, i haven't seen that walkthrough resurface to get him.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 6:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022