Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 18:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: FORUMS

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 3, 2003 22:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok I need help minty, I need to know how to make forums, like these because they're going to be the focus of my site email me if you don't want it to be out in the open, or just, email me of how you won't let me... whatever.....
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
Camo

Member #5

Sep 4, 2003 8:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just go sign up for one like all the other non computer programing geniuses do. Silly muffin!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 4, 2003 12:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Camo is (be still my gentle but black heart) right. Unless you get out of Angelfire, there is very little you can do about it. In fact, I would not be able to help you unless you went someplace like Netfirms or another free CGI host.

Upon that, I would just send ya a ZIP of the R.E. forums. It'll take a lot of work on your part to fix 'em up as they have been specially designed for this site what with it layout and all.
writer77

Member #4

Sep 4, 2003 20:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think angelfire has a free CGI-bin. I'm not sure if it's just a fluke, but all of my angelfire sites now have a CGI bin. Whether it can be used for free or not... I'm not sure.
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 4, 2003 20:54
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, you're right mine does too, I don't know, but I'll check out the extent of it right now......Well theres a cgibin but don't really know much about it oh wait......hmmmm a cgi guide.......sounds complicated with its steps but send me the file, it looks like it'll work.....hmmm perl and cgi....well minty, this'll be a busy forum for me for awhile, and the questions will be flying, but I think it'll all work out. So send that file my way.
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 5, 2003 12:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

First, make sure you can read and write (that is, open with the write privelege) files in that thing. I remember Tripod's free "CGI" did not even let you manipulate your files! I have reason to believe Angelfire (as they are owned by the same people) will do much the same to you.

You know, something like:
  open(HANDLE, ">filename.dat");
  print HANDLE "Hey, Im writin here!";
  close(HANDLE);

"I hate the people that love me, and they hate me!" - Bender, Futurama
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 16, 2024 18:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022