Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 4:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Birthday Challenge II

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 31, 2003 18:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

First off I'm sorry about the midi thing >_< I just can't keep track of so much stuff when everyone has been posting so much.
  Second, don't dis Virgo!
  Third, my pretty KeroHogg That sounded wierd. Anyway, you were right in thinking that I didn't do it completely on the computer. First I sketched it out, scanned it, traced it over on Adobe Photo, and colored it. It took me long enough to figure out how to do, and a couple of different attempts to get the hang of it. I have another secret, but I won't give that away. ^_~
  Forth, can I think of the BD relics as a late Birthday present? They seem really neat. Are you allowed to have more than one? I'm almost afraid to ask, and definately to smart to try. Then again, it'd probably just say something abot me being stupid and greedy. Thanks again MM

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 1, 2003 22:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Flash file is in, Mint.

Hey, for those with distant memories, remember Super Mario Flash on SMFC? Also, I still have that one star-fighter Flash movie...

...But anyhow, just reporting in. MintMan, if you didn't check your e-mail in time, I am posting this on 7:08 P.M., Pacific Standard Time, which is two hours and fifty-eight minutes before September 2 on Eastern time.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?

EDIT:
  Msanis, I think you wanted a program to make an RPG. On KaZaA, search for RPG Maker 2003. Download. Then go eat some virtual pie.

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Sep 1, 2003 22:26]
Ash10

Member #3

Sep 2, 2003 8:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Happy birthday! To Kero, MadGoblin, me and who ever else has a birthday today.

And, damn it, they are turning 20. Bah, I turn 14, I am a couple years behind
NOVA Mod Team Leader

Gamers Bar and Grill Executive
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 2, 2003 14:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, happy birthday. I guess. I mean, you don't have to. You could have a cool birthday instead, or whatever kinda birthday you want. Its up to you, if you care. It is your birthday.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 2, 2003 21:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well Minty my present is going to be quite belated, or not even existant but I'm just going to say the bd char will be it, and yes this is a pathetic attempt.... Well maybe you'll like it, after all more variety to bd wouldn't hurt..........
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 2, 2003 21:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Gun damn it! You don't think it's gonna be the Flash file?
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
msanis

Member #7

Sep 2, 2003 21:45
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As always... I failed miserably in my attempts to do something actually worth while...

...and am pretty late in saying this too, Happy Birthday Minty! Ya know... I HATE Kazaa, it like... slowed down my computer to the extent that if you moved the mouse, the cursor would not move for another 20 seconds, at least (literally).

I would like the idea of getting Rpgmaker... but from what I hear, it is in a different language. I'm not sure if I want this to be a turn-based type thing, or an action rpg either. All I really have on it at the moment, is a bunch of drawing on what the characters should basically look like, and a list of stats... and weapons... and armor

There is no plot at the moment... as well as there being no enemies designed as of yet. so... it's just a VERY early idea, and will not neccesarily ever get done.

School starts tommorow though... meaning I get to learn some more programming sometime soon. Also meaning I may at least get something small done. I haven't even worked with that Zelda-like game since I mentioned it... i've either been too busy, or just felt lazy when I had the time to do something.

Perhaps if I ever get it done (or even begun for that case), I will give it to a birthday contest in the far, FAR future... or not
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 2, 2003 22:00

RPG Maker 2000 was translated into English by a Russian guy. He included a sample RPG of his own where you choose "English" or "Russian" language (for me, both are fine).

RPG Maker 2K3, on the other hand, has just recently been translated from Japanese. My version has a Japanese title on it, but all the commands are in English. (And the event-programming is very simple; everything is neatly laid out for you, and the code is written out for you as you click and type). The only thing that stinks is the mapmaking; it is a long and tedious process, though some may find it enjoyable. Me, I prefer making the events of the game, especially the treasure-chest events (Monster-in-a-Box, that is a pretty complex event, for all I know I think mine has flaws).

Alright, well, MintMan? Wilt thou be announcing the winner?
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 3, 2003 1:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I announce the winners after the day is over -- applicants can come in up to midnight after my birthday (do not feel bad, Vinny; you can always use that creature for the upcoming contest of the Battling Dragons Race Around the World Not Really But Hey It's A Title Contest).
  Eagle, your flash rocked and will be displayed on the contest page when I gets it up (most likely pretty soon, too), but it could not win first place because of the requirements of this particular contest. Writer's entry is the most usable for Reality's End (and not to mention freakin' awesome). I can see that five-minute MIDI being a special jukebox feature for all of the readin's on RE. Good job, Writer!

LE and SSS (again) get second place. Nice work, both of youse.
  Everyone else who has responded to this post recently, you didn't submit a blutty thing! I think you kinda saw your loss coming. To those people (I do not think any went to this forum) who gave the most absurd gifts, I kick you! RealitysEnd.com does not need such things, nor does any of the internet! For swear, how is it supposed to use a blender.... hmmmm...... *imagines a n00bie sm00thie* Mmm! Tastes like suck!

I shall apportion all prizes tomorrow most likely. I too tired now. More contests are on their way, too. I think that these are a good way to keep people involved in R.E. (or at least the people I actually give half a carp about -- others get no fish! No fish at all!).
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 3, 2003 15:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Congrats Writer! I feel like crap, not 'cause of you guys, but because of school. Ow Yeah! I placed again. What Minty said to all of you guys that posted but didn't enter. I don't care about what you say you can/are going to do unless you do it. All you guys are wieners. Guess who's in a good mood from school! ¬_¬ Anyway, all you had to do is enter and MM would have given you something. He always does 'cause he's just such a cool guy. Do I win now? Nobody else has read this yet. Nobody would know the difference! Just kidding But he really is quite generous.

writer77

Member #4

Sep 3, 2003 20:48

Wow... so... I won, right?

I didn't actually expect to win. SSS picture was cool lookin', and the hat on the nidhogg was hilarious. I'd like to thank the triplets* for this. For those who aren't familiar with music terms, the triplet part starts about 25 seconds into the song. That's my favorite-est part.

And Happy Late Birthday, Mintman. I would've posted it up yesterday, but my brain couldn't come up with anythin' else to say, and I didn't want to give you spam for your birthday.

*Normal notes are the single beat divided into one, two, or four notes. A triplet is when a single beat is divided into three notes, which doesn't go too well with the other, "regular" notes. (Well, that's probably not the exact definition, but that's the best I can come up with right now.)
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 3, 2003 22:35

Yay, second place.

Well, I sayeth it again. Happy b-day. And congratulations to Writer; oy, must go now, need take my umpteenth SAT test.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 6, 2003 11:24

Once again, yeah for everyone. I just remembered that MM said that he was going to make a page to display all of the entries. I was just wondering when that would made. I think Gobbo mentioned something about it on AIM, but that was just disturbing.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Mar 29, 2024 4:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022