Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 13:23 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Birthday Challenge II

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
writer77

Member #4

Aug 12, 2003 13:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I downloaded a MIDI maker a few days ago, and I've been messin' with it for a little while, and since I remembered seeing this post, I thought I'd throw together a "birthday song." Okay, it really doesn't sound like a birthday song, or much like anything, and in all honesty, it's mostly me putting random notes on the paper, but there is a small chance that you might find it somewhat enjoyable. Then again, maybe I'm being too negative. It doesn't really matter. Let's see if I can get the link to work right.... The Birthday Song. Man... it's been awhile since I've done HTML. I hope I did it right.
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 12, 2003 23:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Doesn't matter? It's a B-day contest! it should, unless you're expecting a bouncer at your door on that date or some mafia thing. So when is this ugly drawing contest coming up anyway?
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 13, 2003 11:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This contest has already begun, Boy! It ends on my birthday, or about one month after I made this declaration (psst, September second).

MIDI Maker?! Download?! Send mes a link of where you found that thing at and you are bound to get a runner-up space at least. This song is pretty cool, so you are also all good there. A little quiet, tho'.... Maybe my settings are borked.
ToddM

Member #88

Aug 13, 2003 11:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have something I will give you, but I can't now. If you wan't more information, e-mail me, I don't want to say here, don't want anyone taking my idea ^_^
   Todd
Why did they take away Metranome when Ruby and Sapphire came out!? WHY!?
writer77

Member #4

Aug 13, 2003 12:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think the site was... this. It's pretty cool, but I'm still tryin' to figure out the license for the stupid thing. The site says it's free, but when I installed it, it said it was for 30 days.... or somethin'. I probably should look into it a little more, but I'll do that later.

As for the quietness of the song.... I dunno. I had to turn it up pretty loud to hear it, but I didn't really think about it at the time. I may have just messed up the volume settings for the song. I'll look into it today or tommorow, not just to fix the song, but because I probably should pay more attention to how the MIDI maker works.
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
msanis

Member #7

Aug 13, 2003 22:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I WAS going to make a shiny game of 2 player pong... but I failed miserably.. oh woe is me...
  I just CAN'T figure out how to make online games...

I don't know any of those fancy languages minty uses, have no scanner either. I do however have drawn up a VERY sophisticated Rpg, with all those pretty skills and stuff... I even drew up some pretty good looking characters for it, such as the...

-Knight - Barely any magic, awesome fighting power.
  (guy in full chained armor, pretty cape too...as well as a huge Two-handed sword.)

-Warrior- Some magic... good fighting skills. (Looks quite similar to the knight, carries smaller one handed sword)

-Sorceror- Some fighting skill, good magic. (the warrior and sorceror are very related, A sorceror wears robes however and is totally surrounded by a magic shield. He wields only a dagger... or shortsword)

-Mage- Pitiful fighting skill, but unbeatable with magic. (A very gothic looking character, covered in black robes... and his face cannot be seen, he wields only a staff, of which a mysterious light eminates from, like the sorceror, he is totally surrounded by a magic shield)

As I plan to put my system together, "spelling" characters can cast enhancing spells (such as magic shield) on a fighting character, then the fighting character may also cast his "physical spell" (such as "focus") on the speller. As far as I'm concerned, the strongest duo in my game, would be the mage and knight.

Until I learn some more stuff though, I wont even begin with these ideas I have though... Not to mention, there's no way i'd make this by your birthday

...I'll have to figure something else out I guess...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Camo

Member #5

Aug 16, 2003 5:07
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, it was my Bday on Tuesday, how sexual for Camo.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
msanis

Member #7

Aug 16, 2003 12:08
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Congratulations Camo... I think...

is it just me, or did the forums start dieing again? oh well... *continues digging grave*
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 18, 2003 16:40

yeah, its one big birthday bashfest!
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 21, 2003 17:13

Hey MintMan,
  Will you accept Flash files as BPs? (No, idiots, not Badge Points.)

And people - don't fall like I did last year. MintMan is too arrogant to receive life-long advertising as a birthday present. I offered him that on the SMFC, and he refused. Don't make the same mistake twice...

Hmm, now that I think about it...Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they say both no and yes.. Er, anyhow, what was I saying again?
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
ToddM

Member #88

Aug 21, 2003 22:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also Mintman, did you get the thing I sent you?
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 22, 2003 1:05

Yes, and I did not care for it one bit. Typically, if I do not respond to something, I ain't gonna use it.

I have JavaScript perks like that on sites. Cursor things are almost as annoying as special screen transitions.

Someone also sent me some BD enemies for the Poison Plains. Aside from the fact that they were made on Paint with the airbrush tool, they were about twenty times the size of any BD picture. Yeah.... that would work
ToddM

Member #88

Aug 22, 2003 16:20

Well is there anything I could do, but my computer is a piece of junk, so here is what cannot work: Paint don't work, word prrocecer, and a few other things. One thing I am good a making are quizzes, but you probably wouldn't have any need for one of those.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 22, 2003 18:09

Umm, MintMan, I didn't quite understand you. Were you hinting to the fact that if you're going to ignore my question, you won't like the Flash files?

LieutenantEagle
  Spell Lieutenant right, kids!
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 23, 2003 18:56

Oh, right, that thing. Yes, I do accept Flash files. I accept anything, really. I accepted MIDIs, did I not?

Everything is good so long as it can be used on this site and it does not suck! I already have enough things like that laying around....
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 29, 2003 10:43

While I can't say that I think MM will acutually use this for any thing other than to be pretty (^_^') I think it turned out pretty good for looking like a 14 year-old made in in under an hour. It definately beats my last year's pencil colored sketch. I didn't know what to make, so I combined my idea of drawing a BD creature and drawing Kero. Behold! The Kerohogg!
   Anyway, Happy Birthday to MintMan, MadGobbo, Ash10, Camo, me, and anyone else with a birthday around now.

~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

msanis

Member #7

Aug 29, 2003 18:43

Someone actually accomplished something in the past month? good job, you probably win by default

All my little plans crumbled apart when two things smashed into my plans...

1.) lazyness

2.) stupidity

nice excuses, huh? Do I win?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 31, 2003 12:45

Thanks MS, but Ash10 entered too with some midi stuff. I honestly wasn't going to do anything when I saw how many people had been posting, but then I realized that none of them had actually done anything but give off hot air and empty ideas that would never be accomplished (except for Ash10). He'll probably still pull off 1st place because MM can actually use the stuff, but I couldn't just let him win by default. That wouldn't be cool.
  Oh, and I don't think MM is gonna buy your entry.

~*SailorSassyStar's VanillaFudge*~

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 31, 2003 13:34

Uh, MintMan. I need a confirmation, are you turning 19 or 20?...Because I wrote 19 and if I messed up, then...I have to redraw the entire MintMan Blade image!

Please reply as soon as possible. I have only 38 hours left in my Pacific Standard Time.
LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 31, 2003 13:39

Oh, I never thought about actually telling my age before. I am nineteen right now. I shall be twenty on the second of September. I was born in 1983 under the most wretched star of Virgo.

3S, it was Writer77 who made the MIDI stuff, not Ash. Besides, that Kerohogg rocks! Did you draw and scan that or make it entirely on a graphical program? I know it has to be computer coloured, but the lines are so smooth yet it does not look like the normal, sucky, entirely computer-made sorta graphics.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 19, 2024 13:23 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022